You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: VR new singer news (sort of) from snakepit .org

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

"Straight Lines" was a very catchy song. I had the same thing...people were going on about it..i listened to it and thought "big deal" then it promplty got stuck in my head for weeks.

I wasn't a huge fan of silverchair back in the 90s at it seemed they were basicly a nirvana/pearljam clone...some cool riffs...but very obvious attempts to look grungy and terrible lyrics. But they do seem to have matured with age.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

an austrailian who doesnt like silverchair? OMG 18

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I dont know enough about Silverchair to really have an opinion, but I remember some song from the 90's from them and I didn't really like it.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Cant say Ive heard of Silverchair but Bernard Fanning is pretty sweet imo big_smile The only comparison is that they're both from Aus tongue Tea & Sympathy was awesome

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Neemo wrote:

an austrailian who doesnt like silverchair? OMG 18

Hahha...but I make up for it by liking AC/DC wink wink

As for silverchair...I do recgonise they have some cool riffs  smile

I can't find the clip but they used to have this video that was exactly like a pearl jam clip..and also featured ther lead singer running around shirtless..which was comical cos he was like a 15yo kid with no chest hair. Maybe i've seen too much WWE type guys with their shirt off..but it just made him look like a poser to me.

However...they do have some very catchy songs and now have kinda a body of work of songs I like...so i dont hate them.

Here's some vintage stuff;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heQi0AZBH-0

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:

Ugh... I reckon they would've been fed up with those grunge boys by now?

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Silverchair started pretty good, but then turned to shit. And yes, I'm an Aussie too.
So I hope it's not Daniel Johns. He can stick to playing 'pop' music with Silverchair. I want to hear a rock singer fronting VR.

If you want to hear some real rock from the same town Silverchair came from, check out The Screaming Jets. They shit all over Silverchair.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:

10 oh my, please don't let it be him...
Might as well ask Robbie Williams if he's available. roll

Board footer