You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: Let the reunion rumors roll...

Am I the only one who doesn't want a reunion?  Don't get me wrong, I think the UYI lineup(with Izzy) was the greatest incarnation of GN'R.  Adler's cool and all, but there is no way he could handle a real tour without getting all doped out and fucking up.  But I want to hear Chinese Democracy.  UYI 2 is my personal favorite, so I really dig the direction Axl has gone with CD.  I love VR and what Slash and Duff do, but I think Axl is really onto something here with the 6 or so songs we have heard.  Which brings us to a junction.  Why should/would Axl abandon his "new" band when CD is finally released and GN'R gets some modern attention?  As Axl said in 02, creating this band from scratch is something that takes some time, no one has ever really done that before.  It's an assumption that Slash, Duff, Izzy and Axl still have that chemistry needed to make great music.  Alot has changed in 10 years, and who knows what kind of stuff they'd make.   

Simply having a reunion so that some fans (I say some because there are still alot of supposed diehards he can't/won't shell out a few bucks to go see a band they supposedly love) can say "Wow, this is awesome.  It's just like 1993 again!"  Thanks, but no thanks.  I have plenty of boots and audio of those shows.  I'd only ever be ineterested in a reunion if they were going to make new music, and no one knows if they have the chemistry, let alone the civility and desire to get back together. 

How many people are pissed at Axl for his money grab in '06?  Yet the same people who bitched about the tour in '06 are willing to pissaway more money at what would be an obvious money grab.  We essentially got 3 albums from GN'R.  Most of which was made before they "made it."  As soon as they were truly in the spotlight, they imploded and gave us the Spaghetti Incident.  Yet somehow, some fans think this time around it would somehow be different. 

I'm a fan of Gn'R and will support the band in whatever form they exist.  I just think that the music Axl has made the past 8 years is worth a lil more than a push by some fans to time travel back to 1993.  And finally, if they were ever to reunite, knowing Izzy would never committ to a full tour, what makes you assume Axl would choose who the rhytm guitarist is?  Why couldn't Dave Kushner fill in the duties.  I'd find that just as likely if not moreso than anyone else as the chemistry and relationship he has the actual band.  Axl would always keep Dizzy and if need be, Pittman.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

no i'm with you randall

i would like to see the CD saga play itself out, i wanna hear what has taken the last 10 or so years to record and produce

I'd rather see the new band do their thing then after all that a reunion of the 92/93 lineup would be cool... with appearnaces of izzy here and there 22

nugdafied wrote:

The only time I want to see GNR is when the Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff & Steven get inducted to the HOF. Maybe they could pull off a tasteful set of something like SCOM, KOHD & PC. But, sadly, I don't think Axl & Steven are capable of rocking arenas anymore & would drag the Slash, Duff & Izzy show down.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

nugdafied wrote:

The only time I want to see GNR is when the Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff & Steven get inducted to the HOF. Maybe they could pull off a tasteful set of something like SCOM, KOHD & PC. But, sadly, I don't think Axl & Steven are capable of rocking arenas anymore & would drag the Slash, Duff & Izzy show down.

You can say what you like about him, but rocking arenas is definitely one thing Axl's capable of 22

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Am I the only one who doesn't want a reunion?  Don't get me wrong, I think the UYI lineup(with Izzy) was the greatest incarnation of GN'R.  Adler's cool and all, but there is no way he could handle a real tour without getting all doped out and fucking up.  But I want to hear Chinese Democracy.  UYI 2 is my personal favorite, so I really dig the direction Axl has gone with CD.  I love VR and what Slash and Duff do, but I think Axl is really onto something here with the 6 or so songs we have heard.  Which brings us to a junction.  Why should/would Axl abandon his "new" band when CD is finally released and GN'R gets some modern attention?  As Axl said in 02, creating this band from scratch is something that takes some time, no one has ever really done that before.  It's an assumption that Slash, Duff, Izzy and Axl still have that chemistry needed to make great music.  Alot has changed in 10 years, and who knows what kind of stuff they'd make.   

Simply having a reunion so that some fans (I say some because there are still alot of supposed diehards he can't/won't shell out a few bucks to go see a band they supposedly love) can say "Wow, this is awesome.  It's just like 1993 again!"  Thanks, but no thanks.  I have plenty of boots and audio of those shows.  I'd only ever be ineterested in a reunion if they were going to make new music, and no one knows if they have the chemistry, let alone the civility and desire to get back together. 

How many people are pissed at Axl for his money grab in '06?  Yet the same people who bitched about the tour in '06 are willing to pissaway more money at what would be an obvious money grab.  We essentially got 3 albums from GN'R.  Most of which was made before they "made it."  As soon as they were truly in the spotlight, they imploded and gave us the Spaghetti Incident.  Yet somehow, some fans think this time around it would somehow be different. 

I'm a fan of Gn'R and will support the band in whatever form they exist.  I just think that the music Axl has made the past 8 years is worth a lil more than a push by some fans to time travel back to 1993.  And finally, if they were ever to reunite, knowing Izzy would never committ to a full tour, what makes you assume Axl would choose who the rhytm guitarist is?  Why couldn't Dave Kushner fill in the duties.  I'd find that just as likely if not moreso than anyone else as the chemistry and relationship he has the actual band.  Axl would always keep Dizzy and if need be, Pittman.

The reason more GNR fans are wanting a reunion is because if we are forced to go on nostalgia trips, lets do it properly. The CD era has been going on for a decade, and this album(or albums) have never been showcased anywhere. The GNR brand is always paying tribute to AFD.

I don't even listen to AFD anymore, and haven't heard it in years. So why would I want Axl playing it every night? I've moved on from it, yet a band with supposedly a boxset of new material cant. Whenever I whip out a DVD of the CD era and watch it, it only takes minutes to watch the whole show because I skip the nostalgia crap.

If I am forced to hear anything from the 87/93 era, I want the old guys back again.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
nugdafied wrote:

I agree to a point. If Axl had the vocals to do it fine but he doesn't . I dont' know what it is but his mic levels are so embarasisngly low compared to all other artitsts I've seen live. Is it to hide something?  That in itself allows other artits to blow him off stage. It's ridiculous.  I know more than few people who will never pay to see Axl dance ever again after the 06 tour. You can't hear his voice consistently throughout the show and that's unprofessional.

Randall Flagg wrote:

How many people are pissed at Axl for his money grab in '06?  Yet the same people who bitched about the tour in '06 are willing to pissaway more money at what would be an obvious money grab.

Honestly? You can't recognize the difference?

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
James Lofton from the Slash Solo Album thread wrote:

More than likely negotiations with the GNR camp have stalled so he is going solo right now.

I don't understand why people believe a reunion is any closer now than it has been previous years. Slash is working on a solo record, Izzy just mastered a solo record, Duff is recording and touring with Loaded, and GNR are in silent mode again.

Aside from Steven none of the members have aggrevisely proposed a reunion. Last time they tried it I seem to recall it being a complete fucking shambles. Slash refused to play, Gilby was in attendance and didnt play, Izzy hoped the gig wasn't recorded because it was just that bad. Oh yeh and didn't Duff walk off after a handful of songs because AA members wouldnt leave the stage? 14

Neither side seems unhappy in their current projects and they know the reunion cheques will still be waiting for them in 5 or 10 years time when current projects are a thing of the past.

If Azoff pushes Axl for a reunion too soon he'll be out the door.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Azoff is the "reunion guy". The two biggest spots on his resume are the VH and Eagles reunion. There's no way in hell Axl didn't know that, and if a reunion is completely out of the question, there was no sense in signing Azoff in the first place.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Probably bullshit, but wouldn't surprise me in the least bit. We're going to get reunion rumors, speculation,etc. until it happens. We've always got them, but interest in one happening has increased.

I've said since Azoff was hired that we'll get a reunion, likely within a year. I also think the whole "VR search for a singer" thing is a smokescreen while negotiations happen behind the scenes.

IF this is true, it looks like Adler spilled the beans.

The guy who wrote that must read the forums, he stole your line James, right in the title of it.  16

If Steven can't do drums for a reunion, i think they should get Brain.  Fuck Matt Sorum.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Reunion would be cool and all, but damn, I want CD.

Board footer