You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Differences in the "old" new leaks....

James wrote:

I have not heard these much since I have If the World and Riyadh on a pretty much constant loop. What I have noticed is Tommy's bass way up in the mix on the songs and that hip hop shit on Madagascar is way down in the mix.

Just heard CD pretty fucking loud, and those backing vocals are higher in the mix as well.

Any other differences you guys noticed?

The vocals during the end of the intro in I.R.S. sounds like they've been re-recorded.

And as you said, we can finally hear Tommy ripping it - his lines in There Was a Time are awesome, too bad you couldn't hear them earlier.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

intro on CD is different, no "wheezy" effect on guitar just before vocal scream, and guitar intro riff is "rougher"...i.e...not as clean as the older one we have....vocals are not as crisp as they were on the older one....makes me think this version is older....

James

James wrote:

Yeah, kudos to Stinson for his contributions finally being heard properly. I used to think he was gonna be like Newsted was on Metallica's Justice album.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

there is a thrid vocal line at the end of maddy.. its lower almost spoken

the guitars were lowered in the mix in TWAT chorus

i cant say i'm overly fond of the mix on these leaks...i wonder if they are for either Axl or Tommy for practicing purposes?

and yeah tommy is really high in the mix..almost too high...maybe its a bad thing cuz i seem to be zeroing in on the fact that he really isnt doing anything special on the songs....pretty bland bass playing IMO

James

James wrote:

I don't think he's doing anything spectacular either, but with everything going on in these songs, I think he's doing as good of a job as anyone else would under the circumstances.

When you have three guitarists, two keyboard players, synth, orchestra, piano, a drummer, drum machine,etc., there's barely any room for bass.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

at 4:00 on IRS, right after Bucket finishes bashing his killswitch, there's a cool new guitar effect that I assume he does. It's very cool. Or it could be a synth effect.

EDIT: I just listened again, and I don't know what it is, but listen to it. Almost sounds like something going in reverse.

It would be great if we could get a date as to when these leaks were actually recorded, I know too much to ask tongue .  I do think these are mixed better then the 2007 leaks, they to me sound more polished and smooth.   I was trying to tell if I could hear any new BBF parts but I have to say, I don't think there are any or I just can't tell.

James

James wrote:

I'll bet my left nut BBF is on zero leaks so far.

These leaks have the Buckethead "stamp". He cant be duplicated. I know you have some BH material, but those like me, bri, and a few other hardcores can recognize him immediately.

My guess is on Buckethead, Robin and Richard with some Paul Huge on the older demos.

As usual.

Board footer