You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Differences in the "old" new leaks....

James wrote:

I'll bet my right nut Fortus is on NONE of these tracks.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Are the TWAT vocals new? They sound different for sure. Different mix, different volume maybe. I don't know, but some of them sound brand-spanking new to me.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

personally, i think these leaks are too old for BBF to be on them....hence his comment of them being "old"...i wouldn't be surprised if the whole rhythm of these songs consisted of BH, Robin and Huge....way before the current line up solidified....so chances are pretty good that we have Huge on these as well...because the time "stamp" of these songs (from what we know) easily sends them back round about 1999 - 2002, which was the lineup back then....

James Lofton wrote:

Man, you sure have som nuts...

I'd bet on that he's most definitely on Better, Chinese Democracy, The Blues and Madagascar.

I'm not sure about the others, they sound too "old".

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
CrimeSlunkScene wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Man, you sure have som nuts...

I'd bet on that he's most definitely on Better, Chinese Democracy, The Blues and Madagascar.

I'm not sure about the others, they sound too "old".

He already admitted in emails last year he's not on the tracks. Why do Fortus lovers continue to ignore all evidence??

In fact, his fans got so sick of him not being on leaks they stopped asking so their hearts would no longer be broken.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Are the TWAT vocals new? They sound different for sure. Different mix, different volume maybe. I don't know, but some of them sound brand-spanking new to me.

i think they buried the guitars in the mix and also stretched the track...i compared the msl to this one last night

check out MSL TWAT starting @ 1:45 and then the new version starting @ 1:50...

James Lofton wrote:

Why do Fortus lovers continue to ignore all evidence?

I think that Richard is a good guitar player and a nice guy, but that's pretty much it.

I never even knew that he admitted to not be on the tracks except from the Madagascar solo, it was just my guess since the songs I listed by far are the most finished tracks at the same time as it sounds like him and they also sound way too "new" to have Paul Huge on them - but it could very well be just Buckethead and Robin.

Either way, I'm sorry for the mistake.

Neemo wrote:
bigbri wrote:

i think they buried the guitars in the mix and also stretched the track...i compared the msl to this one last night

check out MSL TWAT starting @ 1:45 and then the new version starting @ 1:50...

I have to say to I am loving the ending of TWAT much more now then before 9

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

i`m not too sure about that. the first lick on the "new song 2" sounds very much like something fortus would do...   having some of his solo stuff in mind. not my taste by the way...

bazgnr
 Rep: 4 

bazgnr wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I don't think he's doing anything spectacular either, but with everything going on in these songs, I think he's doing as good of a job as anyone else would under the circumstances.

When you have three guitarists, two keyboard players, synth, orchestra, piano, a drummer, drum machine,etc., there's barely any room for bass.

First off, I'm a bass player, so I'm biased.  That said, I always thought previous leaks were lacking due to an almost total absence of bass in the mix.  On "The Blues," however, the bass does a lot to carry the spine of the song from start to finish.  Great song for Tommy to shine on, even though a lot of the bass "fills" sound very, very Duff-like in tone and execution.  For me personally, finally hearing the bass in these tracks is fantastic, and I don't think it's too much at all.  In fact, I think it anchors all the other digital odds 'n ends going on in the tracks.

But you bring up a good point.  Unlike past GnR records, there is a *lot* going on sonically in almost all of these songs.  Drum loops, electronics, layered instruments & vocals, etc.  More often than not it works, and works well, although it takes some getting used to (anyone else find themselves reaching to turn the volume up on "Song  #2" before it kicks in at the 1 minute mark?).

And dammit, I still can't get used to the vocals in Madagascar, especially the drawn out notes/screams toward the beginning.  I really do like the layered vocals at the end, though.

Board footer