You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Should Chinese Democracy be released for free??

Sky Dog wrote:

PASNOW, I agree that if he has some form of trilogy concept albums.....he needs to ditch it. Chinese is obviously ballad heavy and lush...too much so. He needs a big rock album and needs to take his BEST 12 songs that lean more to heavy rock and release that. You can keep maybe 2 ballads out of 12 tunes. In this day and age and with Gnr's hard rocking image, he needs to bring the rock and screw this album about lost love and relationships.:headbang:

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

PASNOW, I agree that if he has some form of trilogy concept albums.....he needs to ditch it. Chinese is obviously ballad heavy and lush...too much so. He needs a big rock album and needs to take his BEST 12 songs that lean more to heavy rock and release that. You can keep maybe 2 ballads out of 12 tunes. In this day and age and with Gnr's hard rocking image, he needs to bring the rock and screw this album about lost love and relationships.:headbang:

I see the album is finally sinking in.:laugh:

You're right though. I love these songs(most of them anyways), but its definitely a departure and I don't know if Axl should really go in this direction. He obviously doesn't know either. Like I mentioned in one of these threads, some of this material is reaching Simply Red territory.

Anyone predict the album going in that direction ten years ago?? Five years ago? One year ago? How does Simply Red meets The Cure meets Elton John fit in with Riyadh, Chinese Democracy, and whatever other rock oriented songs he has? It doesn't.

The album is just all over the place. Its a mess.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

it is a mess....that's why i think he should send it all out in one go.....if he does it in stages...and the first one gets any negative feedback...(and we all know how gnr camp deals with that).....the others will get delayed by another quarter of a century....

send it all out in one go....and let it be....fuck the concept behind it....just burn 3-4 discs and that's it....

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I agree. Chinese Democracy Box Set starts now........

for free.

Shock the world Axl.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
elmir wrote:

it is a mess....that's why i think he should send it all out in one go.....if he does it in stages...and the first one gets any negative feedback...(and we all know how gnr camp deals with that).....the others will get delayed by another quarter of a century....

send it all out in one go....and let it be....fuck the concept behind it....just burn 3-4 discs and that's it....

LOL!

i agree that releasing a single album, consisting of some of the better songs, for free would be instrumental in getting the music to the largest amount of people and selling out a stadium world tour that would make millions of dollars, including the merchandising. i stated months back when they said the album was done that they should do it because of the status of the market. as far as song selection, i am not convinced that the current blend of ballad to heavy tunes is indictive if what we haven't heard yet. for all we know more than half of the unleaked tracks are all heavy songs. i doubt it but we do not know yet with any certainty the final trackslist of cd or anything else. what i would like to see, other than a full box set with all of the finshed material, is a double disc cd/dvd with chinese democracy and then the making of chinese democracy, including lots of live music. who wouldn't pay 15-25 dollars to see what the hell took so long and see some of the better performances of the 06 tour at the same time, along with the golden egg, ofocourse.

i was thinking last night (we are all nuts, not just me) and now reading this new thread further proves how much thought can go into this first or primary release from gnr, let alone the actual negotiations. after months now of negotiating maybe they are done with that and have decided on some sort of a trilogy and seeing as how long it has taken axl to do whatever it is he has done so far behind the scenes they have mandated that he record and master all three albums before they releases anything to appease a timeframe for staggered releases or a box set.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Didn't axl say in a 2002 interview that reuniting would waste all the money he has spent on this project. I can't see him just giving this stuff up for free now.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Didn't axl say in a 2002 interview that reuniting would waste all the money he has spent on this project. I can't see him just giving this stuff up for free now.

it may be the only way he can make money

Sky Dog wrote:

If it was all recorded together and mixed together....it should be released together or within a very short timeframe.:mosh:

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

I don't think the selection of songs we have heard are a mess at all.  The track list that I have made for my personal CD seems to have a good flow.  It has a bit of a Lies vibe where I loaded the heavier songs first and the rest at the end.  I still stand behind that If The World is the perfect album closer for CD.  We shall see if I'm right...

I don't think it should be released for free, I think with the amount of tracks that leaked and may leak in the future we got our free tracks, without Axl's blessing.

Board footer