You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Help Me Get Into Buckethead!!!

buzzsaw wrote:

I found BH on Rhapsody and I'm through 3 songs.  I don't dislike any of them, but I can't say I love any of them.  The 3 I've heard so far (Whitewash, All in the Waiting, and Sketches of Spain) sound like good music to fall asleep to (which isn't a bad thing...they are relaxing).

Edit: Just listened to Star Wars.  I am now a fan.  I still don't think he's right for guns, but the guy's solo work is pretty impressive and there's a lot of variety to it.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Whitewash and Sketches of Spain are two of my favorite Bucket songs.

Like CC, you judged him too harshly before listening to his work. He can do anything, so judging the guy by a mindless shred you heard ages ago doesn't cut the mustard.

Listen to Seven Laws of Woo and Interworld and the New Innocence from Praxis. Great stuff.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I've always been man enough to admit when I'm wrong...this is one of those times.

James

James wrote:

I've always said this, and its not meant to be taken the wrong way.....

If all the hardcore Slash/old GNR fans would actually dive into Bucket's work, they will be shocked by what he has to offer. I'll admit he's got some shit stashed in his discography, but he also has some of the most beautiful guitar work ever recorded.

I'm not saying you'll love everything he does(did) in GNR, but you will start respecting him for the musician he is, and will also gain a better understanding of what is known as the "anti Ron" sentiment and the wishes for Bucket to come back.

James

James wrote:

Oh, and you'll also understand why CD is being launched with a Bucket track even though he hasn't been in the band since 2004.

James

James wrote:

Bucket and Brain kicking extreme amounts of ass.....

Bucket finding a golden ticket.....

This will play at my funeral....

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Albums:

Elephant Mans Alarm Clock (rocky, best collection of solos)
Transmutation (w/Praxis)
Population Overdrive (smooth, soft, jazzy)
Colma (acoustic, mellow)
Electric Tears (acoustic, mellow)
Bansheebot (rocky, more accesible)

Songs:

Checkerboard Incision (probably the best B. solo ever)
Final Wars
Lurker At The Treshold
Baseball Furies
Plastination Station
Big Sur Moon
Whitewash
Earth Heals Herself
Too Many Humans

And that's just the top of the iceberg.

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Locomotive98 wrote:

Whats the verdict on the Death Cube K stuff? Has anyone got any - I want to give that a listen but would like some opinions first - it seems quite hard to find.

Cool vids by the way James.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

You beat me to posting that live version of Padmasana James.

Seriously an increadible song.  There's no need for anything else on that song.  BH's guitar says more than words ever could on that track. 

I always loved BH playing Pure Imagination having loved Willy Wonka since i was a little kid.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I've always said this, and its not meant to be taken the wrong way.....

If all the hardcore Slash/old GNR fans would actually dive into Bucket's work, they will be shocked by what he has to offer. I'll admit he's got some shit stashed in his discography, but he also has some of the most beautiful guitar work ever recorded.

I'm not saying you'll love everything he does(did) in GNR, but you will start respecting him for the musician he is, and will also gain a better understanding of what is known as the "anti Ron" sentiment and the wishes for Bucket to come back.

Couldn't agree more James. 

I, at first, didn't think BH was too great.  I was completley wrong.  If people would just really give his albums a chance, the music will do the talking.

Board footer