You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Re: The Wolf Man (2009)

Von wrote:

http://videos.movie-list.com/view_video … e3d2dcd7d6

This one looks to be totally badass. I'm so happy to see an old school monster movie, not some CGI popcorn shitfest. This reminds me more of the old Hammer Curse of the Werewolf instead of the Universal stuff, but that's actually a plus. Check it out and thanks to ComicCon for supplying me all these cool new bootleg trailers!

Mike
 Rep: 13 

Mike wrote:

I'm looking forward to this as well, but the trailer is not working for me and I can't find it anywhere else.

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:

Nope, can't find the trailer anywhere.

Fuckers.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

Fixed the link. Try it now.

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:

Sweet.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

Looks like a cross between Tim Burton's Sleepy Hollow and Christophe Gans' Brotherhood of the Wolf. Not bad, but nothing that hasn't been seen before so far. Also, what sort of worries me is that music video veteran (incl. NIN's Closer and the Johnny Cash version of Hurt) and One Hour Photo helmer Mark Romanek bowed out of the project in January, two months before principal photography, having already spent a year developing it.

And then he just quit. Within five days, he was replaced by Joe Johnston, a studio-friendlier Spielberg associate, who earned his spurs while filming the insanely scheduled Jurassic Park 3 (being faxed script pages to be shot the next day).

The legendary make-up artist Rick Baker (who got seriously burned by Spielberg in the early 80's by creating the preliminary designs for the would-be ET) is looking at the short end of the stick again.

"Baker revealed to us that the Benicio-to-Wolf transformation seems likely to be created with computer-generated graphics, however, and the film's producers are robbing him of an honor he feels he has earned. '[CGI] can be really great, and I think it's a great tool. But I think we should have been more involved with makeup in the transformation,' he sighed. 'Because, basically, we aren't involved with the transformation at this point. Which is one of the more fun things to do in a movie."' - MTV

If The Wolf Man's great, it means it doesn't really matter who in a pool of professionals directs those studio flicks - not to mention Mark Romanek would've left for questionable reasons as there would've been a good film in it for him to make.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The original is so classic... eh... I just don't know.

Mike
 Rep: 13 

Mike wrote:

The Wolfman used to be scheduled for an April release, but it’s moved to November nooooooooooooooooooow.

Yes, Universal has taken the bold step of moving the Joe Johnston-directed Benicio del Toro vehicle from its original April 3 date to November 6.

There will, of course, be speculation that the movie may be in trouble, but Universal claims that the move will give Johnston more time to complete post-production and, according to the studio, help build a higher profile. The Gothic tale also feels like a November release, and not the sort of film that should be coming out in Spring, so it might end up being a great decision.

But what does this mean for Johnston? After all, he recently signed on to direct The First Avenger: Captain America. Now, with an extra few months of post on The Wolfman, will he be forced to abandon the Marvel movie?

The Wolfman’s move is one of three major release date shifts for Universal properties. The studio has moved the Vin Diesel/Paul Walker reunion, The Fast And The Furious 4 (we’re a little sorry to see that they didn’t keep the title, Fast And Furious) from its initial June 12 date to April 3 slot vacated by ol' hairy chops.

And Ridley Scott has been given more time to work on his Robin Hood movie, Nottingham, which has been moved to an as-yet undetermined date in 2010. Hardly surprising, given that the Russell Crowe movie won’t even start shooting until February at the earliest.

source: http://www.empireonline.com/news/feed.asp?NID=23843

---

Damn it, I was really looking forward to this but moving this to next November might not be a bad idea. The Wolfman has always been my favorite out of the Universal Monsters. With this and the new Halloween, this Fall should be pretty cool for movies.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Never really liked the monster movies too much, but definitely willing to give a modern version a chance. As far as postponements go, this may be a trend starting in the horror genre. The new Final Destination was pushed back to a late 09 release.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

I never have been a fan of the monster movies either but I suspect that is mainly due to them feeling so dated and "cheesey" to most of us.  A modernized version of this could be good.  I do agree with Von about the CGI stuff however.  Although sometimes it can be good in a movie, for the most part it is just a lazy way to get special effects that (imo) don't have the same quality as special effects that came before.

Board footer