You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Appetite For Destruction gets Vinyl re-release

James wrote:

Guns N' Roses Appetite For Destruction (Uncensored Cover) Vinyl LP Record - Import

Our Price:   $33.15

For Sale Guns N' Roses new album scheduled to release on Tuesday, September 09, 2008

afdrehashqr4.jpg

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.a … tyle=music

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Guns N' Roses Appetite For Destruction (Uncensored Cover) Vinyl LP Record - Import

Our Price:   $33.15

For Sale Guns N' Roses new album scheduled to release on Tuesday, September 09, 2008

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/4928 … ashqr4.jpg

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.a … tyle=music

See I looked at that when someone posted about it on mygnr and thought what a load of shit.  That "re release" has been available for ages.  I'm a pretty big collector of GN'R stuff and keep an eye on whats around and new etc.

Now as we all know since the orginal banned cover came out they have been re releasing or bootlegging that cover in all different parts of the world to try and makes some dollars saying its the original cover etc etc.

Anyhow, that particular one with the "re release" sticker I have seen on sale for months and months - maybe even longer.  For example have a look at this link:

http://www.musicstack.com/item/74611759 … petite+for

It's the same album and pic and sticker.  I think some clever person just decided to market it as a re release to conincide with when they think something is happening with SR and CD etc.  Even though that particular pressing has been available for ages.

In other words don't mistake this "re release" as a sign that CD is about to drop.  This particular re release has been around for ages.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

In other words don't mistake this "re release" as a sign that CD is about to drop.  This particular re release has been around for ages

How would a re-release of AFD help promote Chinese Democracy?  Am i the only one that missed this connection.  This never even crossed my mind.

On the topic of this re-release, it's more like a re-re-re-re-re-release, but more expensive.  I saw AFD on vinyl with this cover but without the sticker in stores around Christmas time.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
Saikin wrote:

In other words don't mistake this "re release" as a sign that CD is about to drop.  This particular re release has been around for ages

How would a re-release of AFD help promote Chinese Democracy?  Am i the only one that missed this connection.  This never even crossed my mind.

When I had a quick look at the thread about this on another forum someone implied that the re-release of this could be part of some grand plan by management to generate interest/ buzz etc leading up to a CD release date.

My point was its definitely not because even this version of the re re re re lease (i.e. the one on the Universal label with that exact sticker on) has already been - released.  So I don't know why they are trying to market it as something new and unavilable until Sept 9th.  You can buy the exact one now and could have done for months.

Arcade Roses
 Rep: 5 

Arcade Roses wrote:

Yeah, thanks for posting.  I of course mentioned this in the iTunes thread.  I still think it could be promotion, but a part of me considers it early evidence that 'someone sneezed'.:rolleyes:

It's interesting to see a few more people in that other thread agree with my take on things (check James' post at the top of page 4, gnfnraxl's, Saikin's..) now that the radar has picked up this development.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

It would be an interesting twist if it was a re-release of AFD was a cover for the actual release of CD.

Sky Dog wrote:

vinyl import of a 22 year old album IS NOT promotion for Gnr.....it is someone trying to make an easy buck off a bootlegged cover.:headbang:

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

is that just a very poor image thats missing the left hand side on purpose or is that the actual cover for it? cuz it aint the original
look shit and even if i didnt still have an original i wouldnt buy one..
im assumin its just a poor image

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

I have an original copy of the vinyl album, one of the versions which survived the 1987 recall, with the sticker still on it.  Let me tell you what, there is no better way to listen to Appetite, than on organic vinyl!  In fact, the record buying public is onto something (the dramatic increase in vinyl sales)--those of us who still listen (really listen--no changing the song 10 seconds in) prefer vinyl.  It has the best sonic quality, bar none, of any format.  I am listening to an original, thick vinyl, version of Miles Davis "Bitches Brew" right now, and am amazed at the live/intimate/rich feel of the recording.  CD's seem too "tinny" or "digitized" for my taste.  Moreover, the artwork on vinyl is amazing (esp. on Bitches Brew)  I hope CD comes out on vinyl, and am happy to see Universal issuing numerous vinyl re-issues.  There is something very special/intimate about listening to an album, while holding, viewing, reading the insert, smelling the artwork and packaging for the record itself.

http://cti.itc.virginia.edu/~mdst322/mi … _brew_.jpg

Board footer