You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Velvet Revolver Still Mulling New Frontman

Neemo wrote:

heres fuel for the fire for corabi fans 16

It's Official: CARLOS CAVAZO To Replace JOHN CORABI In RATT - Aug. 18, 2008 

Following weeks of rumors and speculation, RATT drummer Bobby Blotzer has confirmed that former QUIET RIOT guitarist Carlos Cavazo will be joining the group as the replacement for rhythm guitarist John Corabi (former MÖTLEY CRÜE singer). According to Blotzer, "we have been rehearsing with Carlos and it sounds pretty freakin cool. He'll be playing his first show with us in Baton Rouge, Lousiana on August 27. Then New Orleans on August 28; Houston, August 29; Calgary, Canada, August 31. So come on out to the show and rock with us!! Crab [Corabi] has one last show that he's committed to with us on September 5 in Virginia Beach."

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I hope Corabi is at least being considered.
I still think VR could work pretty well with him in there.

Slashisvr
 Rep: 8 

Slashisvr wrote:

i can hear him on contraband, and making it much better than scott did, cant say the same for libertad material

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Corabi would be a good enough choice. If not the lead for VR, I'd love to see him sing a song on a Slash solo record (I said the same thing about Kravitz, I know).

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Following weeks of rumors and speculation, RATT drummer Bobby Blotzer has confirmed that former QUIET RIOT guitarist Carlos Cavazo will be joining the group as the replacement for rhythm guitarist John Corabi (former MÖTLEY CRÜE singer). According to Blotzer, "we have been rehearsing with Carlos and it sounds pretty freakin cool. He'll be playing his first show with us in Baton Rouge, Lousiana on August 27. Then New Orleans on August 28; Houston, August 29; Calgary, Canada, August 31. So come on out to the show and rock with us!! Crab [Corabi] has one last show that he's committed to with us on September 5 in Virginia Beach."

I read Sludge, and I remember quite awhile back one of those people saying Corabi had planned leaving long ago. Only stayed to fulfill his commitments there.

I doubt its Corabi.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Neemo wrote:

I read Sludge, and I remember quite awhile back one of those people saying Corabi had planned leaving long ago. Only stayed to fulfill his commitments there.

I doubt its Corabi.

If I remember correctly (and I very well could not) Corabi has moved to Nashville, and is writing with someone there. 

I know for sure he is working on solo shit, because he was recently on a radio show around here. He's working with a guy from a band called The Gibbs Brothers that are from somewhere around here originally.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah, Corabi can be ruled out.

Thanks for backing that info up. After posting it, wasn't sure if I was mixing Corabi up with someone else or not. Was dreading the possibility of having to dig through Sludge looking for it.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i doubt its corabi too...but for those who are fans and believe those particular rumors its an odd coincidence.. corabi is supposed to be working on a solo album slated for a november release

Slashisvr
 Rep: 8 

Slashisvr wrote:

DAMN

the list is getting shorter

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

For their sake I hope its not Corabi. Seeing that I'm not a big VR fan, the small interest I have would
be dropped if he is the singer.

Board footer