You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Robin's Site

Axlin16 wrote:

Robin ain't coming back. That is so beyond obvious at this point.

And now they've got Azoff, VR has went dark, rumors of hotels... you know i'm sayin'.

Just putting it out there.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

What exactly is there to be in? 18 It is easy to be in a band that doesn't do anything. No release date for an album and no tour dates.

Exactly. Even if he bailed for good(which I believe), he never has to say anything because GNR never do anything. We're weeks from a new song, and nothing is happening. The only promotion is Bumblefoot doing an interview once in a blue moon.

Why would he leave a band that tours and releases albums consistently to come back to GNR?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Exactly James. The smartest person in this whole ordeal was Buckethead. You know the freak. Eventually Brain & Robin saw the light too.

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

Well I had a glimmer of hope that we would be back when the NIN first leg was up.  His new update shot that idea in the foot and probably his entire future in Guns as well.

Let the BH returning rumours continue...

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
ereeper wrote:

Let the BH returning rumours continue...

If Science Faxtion is really happening, he isn't coming back either.

Like with Robin, why stop touring and releasing albums just so you can sit around and do nothing. Being in GNR is like being on welfare.

The smartest person in this whole ordeal was Buckethead. You know the freak. Eventually Brain & Robin saw the light too.

The smartest person was probably Freese. He saw the light before there was a light to see.:haha:

Sky Dog wrote:

Like I continue to say, nobody is in the band now except Axl. 100% guarantee nobody is under contract at present. It's anyone's guess as to which direction this thing will go in, who is actually on the record, or who will show up for the next tour. I truly believe a TON hinges on reaction to Shackler's Revenge. 18 Again, I do find that kind of exciting as we are only a few weeks away from an actual officially released track. 9

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:
madagas wrote:

Like I continue to say, nobody is in the band now except Axl. 100% guarantee nobody is under contract at present. It's anyone's guess as to which direction this thing will go in, who is actually on the record, or who will show up for the next tour. I truly believe a TON hinges on reaction to Shackler's Revenge. 18 Again, I do find that kind of exciting as we are only a few weeks away from an actual officially released track. 9

I think it's exciting that we're getting something new, but ultimately I feel this will end up going back to the waiting game so I am not as excited as I'd be with most bands.

Sky Dog wrote:

oh, I know, but on the off chance that it is a popular track, we may get a fast and furious windfall of material by xmas. 10

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:
madagas wrote:

Like I continue to say, nobody is in the band now except Axl.

You could say nobody has been in the band expect Axl since 12/31/95, when the new partnership agreement came into effect. After that, it's been an Axl Rose company. He owns the band name, he is the sole individual signed to the recording agreement with Universal to deliver a new studio album. To put it bluntly, GNR cannot exist outside Axl.

Nothing wrong with contract players - the only two guys ever not to play under contract with Axl were Steven and Izzy. But even if Axl would like to have the guys behind the album playing with him live, in the grand scheme of events it is of little consequence. The music world didn't exactly gasp when Huge was replaced by Fortus or when Brain was switched to Frank.

Robin, bless him for being a talented bugger, isn't any more recognizable to the general public as The E Street band drummer is to me. If someone quips me that the guy plays in Conan, I do manage to put him on the map, but that's still one tiny dot in a great white spot. Same goes for Robin - he can be mentioned as the NIN lead guitarist, which obviously provides some spot-on familiarity, but ultimately it tells very little other than the fact that he's a professional musician who works for big bands.

Which is a long way of saying, I agree with you on this:

madagas wrote:

It's anyone's guess as to which direction this thing will go in, who is actually on the record, or who will show up for the next tour.

There's too much money involved in this project - and too many potential financial opportunities - to leave it all hanging because Robin wants to tour with the Nails. If Buckethead'll think his solo career could use a little boost, he can come in and do a few rounds before ending his contract and trading places with Ron. It could be done easily, since they already say they have two drummers in the 'GNR family' already.

And this circus is a family business alright, although not ran by the GNR family.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Axlin08 wrote:

Robin ain't coming back. That is so beyond obvious at this point.

And now they've got Azoff, VR has went dark, rumors of hotels... you know i'm sayin'.

Just putting it out there.

Random thought: what if Velvet Revolver's new singer was... Axl Rose? What if they've managed to settle their differences, Axl retains the Guns N' Roses name and continues to tour his new songs with the new Guns N' Roses... and Velvet Revolver goes on tour with Axl as the singer?

Yeah, it's an absurd idea, but no more or less absurd than the rotating cast of musicians around Axl being called Guns N' Roses.

Board footer