You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Re: "Chicken Dinner" Shackler's Revenge Leak

Backslash wrote:

I can't believe this song is getting such a positive reaction.  Fantastic!!  I love it, but I thought the fanbase would be more split when we heard something like this.  It's completely different from everything we have so far.  I was one of the ones turned off by the last set of leaks because of the lack of hardcore rockers.  This track has restored my faith that something good might come from this band after all.

I always said everything would sound dated and stale because of the time it has taken to get to this point.  This song sounds current and relevant.  I think it has the potential to make a splash and can change a lot of opinions of the new band.  I'm looking forward to whatever other efforts they can put forth.

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:

Well...... I gave it some time to sink in, and this is what I've come up with.

-While the lead is very much in the vein of BH, I think it's BF because it just doesn't have that mistakable BH virtuoso underlying to it.

-It took me a little bit to hear the Zombie sound to it, but I finally did. I definitely hear NIN in there too. But what sticks out strongest is that Nu-Metal feel to it. That intro screams Mudvayne, and the chorus (musically anyways) makes me think of Static-X. I also really hear black metal influence in the verses too with those minor seconds.

-This song is damn good. No matter what you name it, it still kicks teeth down throats.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

Just noticed this and this goes with the theory about this being ripped straight from cd. In iTunes it says that this is the tenth song. every other leak there has't been a track number. Just thought I'd point that out.

dr_love6977

dr_love6977 wrote:
alexh0618 wrote:
NY Giants82 wrote:

Anyone wanna try to transcribe the tab? hahaha

the pre-chours is just a b power chord. thats all i got so far haha bucket

The pre-chorus is a C (don't forget, GNR tunes down 1/2 step.) The chorus is (all tuned down 1/2 step) D-Bb-F-C.

This is the thing that's fucking me up tho. Either they tuned down crazy low on this song, or 7 strings were involved. I tuned down to Drop-C#, which is the lowest tuning they've used thus far, like on songs like 'Better'. That low C# was no where near low enough for that intro. Also, I figured out that the verse riff with the minor second is actually D and Db, but you can't do it in that octave with even the lowest of current Guns tunings.

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

I love it, catchy chorus, ballsy modern rocker, it gets a thumbs up from me.

FlashFlood wrote:

love the song, badass vocals

Im with you both on that. Its really good. I was hot/cold on the last two leaks, but this is great.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

It seems like I am the only one who doesn't like this song yikes  BH's great (as usual), but te rest is... well, for me it's not even a filler. Slightly better than Riyadh though, which is the weakest nu rocker IMO.

dr_love6977

dr_love6977 wrote:

Ok, this just in:

THIS HAS BEEN CONFIRMED TO INDEED BE SHACKLER'S REVENGE.

Russ isn't near a computer right now, but he texted me and asked me to post that a friend of his is in Vegas right now for Circuit City, and they just did a closed door demo of Rock Band 2 and that is definitely on the game as Shackler's Revenge.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
dr_love6977 wrote:

Ok, this just in:

THIS HAS BEEN CONFIRMED TO INDEED BE SHACKLER'S REVENGE.

Russ isn't near a computer right now, but he texted me and asked me to post that a friend of his is in Vegas right now for Circuit City, and they just did a closed door demo of Rock Band 2 and that is definitely on the game as Shackler's Revenge.

bucket

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

And of course to the old time diehards - 21 - it sounds NOTHING like classic Guns N' Roses.

I agree with you there but on first listen, the low and layered vocals made me think of double talking jive.

I'm really digging this track.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Hope this makes GNR say something fast forward promotion

Board footer