You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: McCain picks Sarah Palin for Vice President

PaSnow wrote:

Pretty funny sarcastic OP post on another board I visit:

(read the threads subject title. I'm sure it's fake anyway)

EDIT: Nevermind, I guess it got deleted. Anyway, it said something like "Sarah Palin ran the 1995 Anchorage 8K and finished 73rd out of 201 people in 37:55"

Then in the post they just said how ridiculous it all is.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I'm kind of shocked McCain beat Obama in the ratings. The old man might have one more win left in him.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I'm not shocked. People are getting sick of this change shit with nothing to back it up. If they had real ideas, Obama would win in a landslide. Instead, you ask any Obama fan what it is he plans on changing, its always, "uh...uh...uh...".

Even his own base doesn't know what the change is, so his candidacy is about to go down in flames. They've reduced themselves to asking what's McCain gonna change.

Smart. Run on a platform for almost two years, then when it gets down to crunch time, ask what the opposition would do with that platform.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

Sorry for my ignorance.  But what is the scandl Palin is involved in?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

Sorry for my ignorance.  But what is the scandl Palin is involved in?

She killed a pork barrel project known as the "Bridge to Nowhere" that the liberals are bitching about when in reality they voted for it.

Her husband was in a party that advocated Alaskan succession from the U.S.(irrelevant)

She fired a bunch of republicans and the dems try and use their words against her(irrelevant)

Her daughter is pregnant(irrelevant)

In other words, anything but real issues.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Here's an article on Obama's plans and McCains plans:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/08/29/ … index.html

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/05/ … index.html

McCains just come off as an man with limited ideas, lack of thought proccess, but just saying things in a speech as rhetoric & to try to inform those at the convention that he does want to do things, he just doesn't know what. For example, his plan for the economy:

'¢ Create millions of new jobs, "jobs that will be there when your children enter the work force."

Education

'¢ Make schools answer to parents and students.

Health care

'¢ Make it easier for more Americans to find and keep good health care insurance.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Seems like they are similar on alot of issues to me.

But just because McCain supports domestication of the oil business, and a firm stance on Iraq & the war on terror is enough for me to give him an edge over Obama.

Obama was FLAT OUT WRONG about the surge, and still REFUSES to admit it. Bush proved him wrong. This is fact. And their only counter is "well we shouldn't have been there in the first place". roll

Oh, and to the BOTH of them, this whole thing on nuclear energy, I agree with. But get ready for it.... when they start pushing it, the hippies will be reborn and all the global warming freaks will be there to, protesting it to death again and talking about how everything is going to be the next Chernobyl. McCain will push forward. Obama will cave to Nancy Pelosi and the San Francisco Democrats.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

I don't care too much about nuclear energy. I'm not against it, we have it here in PA & get a very large portion of our energy from numerous power plants. I think I read somewhere they only produce like 10% of what they are capable of. We never have to have rolling blackouts or crisis' either like California. Disposing of it is something that needs to be solved however, that shit lasts for thousands of years.

The Hoover Dam is limited in how much energy it will produce. With people moving out west & cities like Vegas populating, it'll never be enough.

Board footer