You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: McCain picks Sarah Palin for Vice President

PaSnow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Sarah Palin: America's Chance

Sarah Palin is America's Chance.

http://lamecherry.blogspot.com/2008/08/ … hance.html

Now we're posting blogs?? really?? Isn't Fox News even saying good things about her? It's even an obviously biased blong in how she calls Obama the "Kenyan" citizen and incorrectly asserts he is not qualified under the constitution to run (how so?? I thought we went thru this one already)

It's failing miserably & Obama took an 8 point lead in polls. McCains RNC may end up being postponed due to Republicans wanting to react better to a potential hurricaine in the Gulf states. You reap what you sew I guess.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

2 debate question she will need to answer.

1. Are you ready to be President?

2. Why did you support Ted Stevens Bridge to Nowhere bill?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

A "fraud that is all hype"? A "nutjob" What's Obama? Care to list his executive credentials, and not things he "might" have voted for if given the chance? If we're gonna use a "bridge to nowhere" tactic, how about Obama's comments that he wasn't gonna run this election cycle because he doesn't have the experience to be president? Oh I forgot. We're supposed to ignore Obama's weaknesses because he's our savior ushering in "change".

The talking points memos aren't going to work this time. What's funny about that is that concept played a role in the rise of Obama, and now his supporters are forced to use a tactic they were against because a young, beautiful, and more experienced candidate just entered the equation.

Like I predicted last year, a McCain/Palin ticket would bring the Obama candidacy to its knees, and that's exactly what's starting to happen. The dems are on the attack, and when democratic tickets go on the attack, they lose.

McCain's gonna "drill drill drill"?? I hope so. Obama's desire to pull oil out of thin air with spending programs will send gas prices to ten bucks a gallon.

Obama is a tax and spend liberal. Jumping on any spending measure endorsed by Palin is laughable.

Its Bush/Dukakis all over again. Dukakis had it in the bag until something called reality hit the nation over the head.

Note to Obama camp: Reality is coming. When your supporters have reduced themselves to personally attacking an opposition candidate with more experience instead of concentrating on the issues at hand, your candidacy is over.

James

James wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Sarah Palin: America's Chance

Sarah Palin is America's Chance.

http://lamecherry.blogspot.com/2008/08/ … hance.html

Now we're posting blogs?? really?? Isn't Fox News even saying good things about her? It's even an obviously biased blong in how she calls Obama the "Kenyan" citizen and incorrectly asserts he is not qualified under the constitution to run (how so?? I thought we went thru this one already)

It's failing miserably & Obama took an 8 point lead in polls. McCains RNC may end up being postponed due to Republicans wanting to react better to a potential hurricaine in the Gulf states. You reap what you sew I guess.

I typed in her name on google and spotted that blog. It was well written so I posted it. Didn't bother checking Fox News for talking points memos. Didn't check the other news sites for that shit either.

Keep up the Palin attacks, and we'll come back to this thread in November with a massive "I told ya so" from me.

I thought you wanted to "wait" on polls, although I guess since one is favoring Obama we feel the need to mention it. Polls don't mean shit until election day. If you disagree, go ask Michael Dukakis and John Kerrey.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

I LOVE when republicans call dems "tax and spend" liberals..

Only 1 of the last 4 Presidents ran this country with a surplus and balanced the budget. He cut taxes for the middle class and raised them for the wealthy. And guess what, this country saw some of greatest economic growth during his term. President Bush ran on the "No new taxes" platform, George W claimed he was a "fiscal conservative"??? Yet he later managed record deficit spending and devalued the US dollar.

It's not personal attacks, it's questioning McCains judgement. Obama WON the nomination process by the voting process set in place. Palin was hand picked and hasn't ever earned 100,000 American votes in an election yet.

James

James wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

You conveintly avoided her support of the Bridge to Nowhere. She didn't change anything in Alaska.

Now you're seeing the genius of the Palin pick. The question can be avoided because ten Obama rebuttal questions have to be avoided in response to one Palin question.

1. Are you ready to be President?

2. Why did you support Ted Stevens Bridge to Nowhere bill?

1. She hasn't admitted she isn't ready(Obama has.)

Courtesy of factcheck.org:

McCain's ad cites '$233 million for a bridge to nowhere,' calling the cost 'outrageous.' Funding for the 'bridge to nowhere,' also known as the Gravina Island bridge in Alaska, was tacked on to a 2005 transportation bill, along with projects from many other states. Whether it was truly a 'bridge to nowhere' is debatable: Gravina Island, while it has almost no permanent population, is also home to the Ketchikan International Airport, which processes about 200,000 passengers a year. Alaskan officials hoped that the bridge would simplify airport access and allow development on Gravina, according to Alaska's Department of Transportation. The bridge was not the only or the most expensive project attached to the transportation bill, and it may not have been the most frivolous. But it became a symbol for government pork.

The transportation bill did include a total of $223 million (not $233 million, as the ad says) earmarked for the Gravina bridge - $100 million for construction, plus $18.75 million a year for four years, and an additional $48 million to build an access road. McCain tried, unsuccessfully, to add a 'sense of the Senate' amendment to the bill, stating a general objection to earmarks; in the end he voted against the legislation. Several months later, Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.) tried to divert the Gravina funds to a bridge in need of repair over Lake Pontchartrain near New Orleans. McCain was not present to vote on Coburn's amendment proposing this change, which did not pass. Instead, Congress removed Gravina's earmarks, tossing that money into Alaska's general transportation pot to be used however the state chose. McCain wasn't there for that vote, either.

In light of the furor over the 'bridge to nowhere,' Alaska's governor opted to use the money for other pursuits. The bridge was never built, but McCain has been using it as his prime pork example since 2005, even blaming it for the Minneapolis bridge collapse in August 2007. (He cited it as an example of a pet project that diverted money from necessary highway maintenance.)

sources used by factcheck.org for the "Bridge to Nowhere":

United States House of Representatives and United States Senate. H.R. 3: Safe, Accountable, Flexible, Efficient Transportation Equity Act: A Legacy for Users. 109th Congress, 1st session. 29 July 2005.

United States House of Representatives and United States Senate. H.R. 3058: Transportation, Treasury, Housing and Urban Development, the Judiciary, the District of Columbia, and Independent Agencies Appropriations Act, 2006. 109th Congress, 1st session. 20 Oct. 2005.

Coburn, Tom. SA 2165 to H.R. 3058. 109th Congress, 1st session. 20 Oct. 2005.

United States House of Representatives and United States Senate. H.J. Res. 2: Consolidated Appropriations Resolution, 2003. 108th Congress, 1st session. 13 Feb. 2003.

United States House of Representatives and United States Senate. H.R. 3043: Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2008. 110th Congress, 1st session. 7 Nov. 2007.

Coburn, Tom. SA 3321 to H.R. 3043. 110th Congress, 1st session. 16 Oct. 2007.

Wayne, Leslie. "Unusual Pentagon-Boeing Deal is Attacked." The New York Times. 10 June 2003.

http://www.factcheck.org/outrageous_exaggerations.html

James

James wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I LOVE when republicans call dems "tax and spend" liberals..

Good, because you're gonna be in a euphoric state in early November.

It's not personal attacks

Fraud? Nutjob? Your candidate must have an incredible record to run on since we have to deal with immature swipes at Palin.:laugh:

I'm amazed that this election is playing out exactly like I said it would if he picked Palin.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Ok, I agree stating the polls was premature, I agree alot of that boost was from the DNC which McCain has yet to have. However personally speaking I don't think having people like George W are going to boost him. Is Cheney speaking?? if so, can't see that help, Guiliani we already know what he'll say. Reportedly the other GOP savior Bobby Jindal won't be going. I don't see who will be so beneficial as the Clinton's & Ted Kennedy were for Obama.

I'm just trying to logically figure it out. Why did he pass over Tim Pawlenty, Huckabee, Crist & Romney for her???  And how can she possibly step in as our President in a few months?? A least with Obama millions of Americans believe he can and have voted that way.

James

James wrote:

Well, you sort of answered your own question. The republican party was took over by the "Neo-Cons". It has pretty much destroyed the party, and a fresh face like Palin can bring the party back from the abyss. I have said since last year she is the future of the party whether you like her or not. She isn't Reagan, but she is a breath of fresh air for Reagan style republicans.

She was the only logical choice for the party if it was gonna drift away from the Neo Con era.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

In light of the furor over the 'bridge to nowhere,' Alaska's governor opted to use the money for other pursuits.

She said that AFTER it was rejected. In October 2006 she not only was FOR the project, but suggested they rush it before the GOP loses the majority in the Senate.

http://www.adn.com/sarahpalin/story/510378.html

[question #5]

Some bi-partisan reformer..

Board footer