You are not logged in. Please register or login.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

Re: Bob Lefsetz: Best Buy Deal confirmed/Azoff response to leaks

sic. wrote:

That confirms it - Silk Worms will be on the album! lol

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
von wrote:

I've been whispered to that Best Buy "won" the bidding war with a little help from Wal Mart's censorship policy, something Azoff was unwilling to bend on with the retail giant. Apparently CD will be a stickered album.

Well that is great fucking news. That was my big concern with Wal-Mart. The biggest upside with Wal-Mart, of course, is that the price probably would have been lower for us and it would have reached a far larger group of shoppers, given the fact that Wal-Mart is everywhere and Best Buy isn't as widespread. Either way though, if this sucker is released around Black Friday, I am hoping we get a good price from Best Buy regardless.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

Best Buy's looking to corner the Black Friday market for movies, music, and games with big media releases and exclusives. I think there'll be an enormous marketing push made by Best Buy to capitalize on this window of exclusivity. Mark my words, it's better for all concerned that this deal went down with a media retailer (even Best Buy) and not Wal Mart. The damage to this band's already thin credibility would be pushed to the brink had the Wal Mart deal gone ahead. Yes, this album will most likely be stickered at this point.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Wonder if the worldwide release date will be November 24th or December 1st.

Oh, and I think it was inevitable that the album would go to Best Buy over Wal-Mart. Can you honestly imagine Axl allowing his magnum opus, 15 years in the making, to be bowdlerized by Wal-Mart? After all that he's been through to complete the thing?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

8 weeks before Nov 25 is Sept 30 big_smile if this is gonna happen we should hear something by oct 4th at the very latest i think

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

If you ask me, Azoff's quite obviously forcing everyone's hand in meeting the November release date.

The Dr Pepper thing send out a signal that GNR is enthusiastic over a 2008 release.

Shackler was put out to secure the Big Box deal.

The Big Box deal is apparently now in place so that Universal can feel comfortable in finishing the negotiations with GNR and putting the album out.

And Neemo, you're definitely on the mark with the 8 weeks. Uni needs to say yes very soon, or this may still get ugly. But Azoff's got some big deals in his pocket in regards to CD, and Uni may realize that this is their last chance to get some money back.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I still think Shackler will be marketed around the same time as Black Friday. Rock Band will be doing a huge push for the holidays, and when CD comes out, Rock Band could ride the coattails.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

maybe even a CD release for Rock Band ala Death Magnetic

Board footer