You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Ghostbusters III (Murray is IN!)

johndivney wrote:

Indicative of pop culture. These things are made for & sold to women. They're the target audience & who spend money on these things. Hence pussy jokes instead of dick jokes.

Yea it looks terrible. Oh well.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

The Sony emails leaked when this was being developed.

They tried to deal with Ivan Reitman, who had first-dips option to direct.

When he stepped down, the Sony folk congratulated one another and even provided a statement for him (he made his own).

Cash-grab. sad

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

In case anyone didn't follow this too closely afterwards. They decided to go a worse route than just a reboot with Ashton Kutcher ect. with an all female reboot instead without any subtlety.

I'll let others comment first while I try not to bleach my eyes.

The first thing I realized after watching this was that I didn't laugh. I got a chuckle out of the wig/hat moment, but that was it. It seems that almost anybody can make a shit movie look exciting, hilarious, or scary in a two minute trailer. The new GB trailer couldn't do any of that, it just fell flat immediately.

I watched it a few more times and then it really dawned on me, how lazy it appears to be. Ghostbusters wasn't slapstick. It was scary in parts, subtle humor, adult humor, light sexual themes, and a bit of slap stick. This trailer seemed to be all low level comedy aimed at children almost. Just punchlines (which fell flat) for the sake of punchlines, that just happened to occur while wearing a proton pack on their back.

The other thing I noticed which was totally lame, was the stereo-typical loud, black female character. Awwwwhelllllno, SLAP! (Then McCarthy says "Oh that's going to leave a mark." Impressive writing really-are we conjuring Tommy Boy?) The car she picks is a Caddy etc. Could they have tried less here?

Many people made comparisons to Pixels, which made me cringe, but may end up being accurate.

I figured this movie would be a bust, but I was still hopeful they might do something with it. That seems pretty unlikely at this point.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Not going to be watching this. It's so lazy that even if it was good they don't deserve the money. Ghostbusters, with females! seems to be the extent of creativity.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Bridesmaids with ghosts then basically.

Will not be watching.

AtariLegend wrote:

I was looking forward to Ghostbusters III for years for some reason. I don't know why, but I just remember watching those films when I was a kid (wasn't born when they came out). This though is just a mess, what's worse than that is the media is saying the only thing wrong with this is the race thing and that any other criticism of this mean your a misogynist.

They obviously designed this around selling toys.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Both trailers were a combination of pure cringe and flat out bad/mediocre. The "ghosts" look straight out of that god awful Eddie Murphy Haunted Mansion movie from like a decade ago. Doesn't help Sony's case that they are getting called out on their bullshit cause mods on their YouTube channel are deleting comments especially any criticisms towards the movie basically on the fact that people didn't like the trailer. ...And I was for a brand new Ghostbusters team no matter what gender as long as it wasn't a full reboot with an actual good cast and production team on board. Also that it showed the original films with respect and get Dan Akyrod to shut up already. The problem is Sony is so desperate for a franchise right now that they are sharing custody of Spider-man with Marvel Studios/Kevin Feige and are even considering 23 Jump Street to be a Men in Black team up movie without Will Smith. I've been hearing rough developments on this debacle. Apparently a guy on reddit who helped work on the production saw a cut of the movie without finished CGI and said it wasn't good at all. The cast and crew had to sign NDAs apparently; so they couldn't talk shit about the finished film. One of the producers cut the budget of the movie as well during filming. Director Paul Feig isn't happy either and there has been tension on set between the cast mainly McCarthy. It's a train wreck and there are rumors of even further re-shoots and fixed marketing being done before the July release date in theaters.

So everyone we have a new Fan4stic on our hands!!

Board footer