You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream

James wrote:

Any addicts? While I have eaten this ice cream a few times years ago, I missed the whole Ben & Jerry's craze in the mid 90's. Anyways, I've been eating this stuff quite a bit the past few months. Some of these flavors are just absolutely scrumptious. My favorite is probably Chunky Monkey with Chocolate Fudge Brownie a close second. I also love Banana Split. I'm eating a pint of "Everything but the....." right now and I'm not very impressed. Its a strange combination of flavors. Willie Nelson's Peach Cobbler is pretty good but it seems to concentrate too much on the peach and not enough on the cobbler. Cherry Garcia is apparently its most popular flavor, although I can live without it. I do enjoy it in Neapolitan Dynamite though.

Next time I go shopping I'm gonna buy Mint Chocolate Chunk and Pistachio. I remember when I was a kid Thrifty's had an incredible Pistachio Ice Cream.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

I thought Steven Colbert's Americone Dream was pretty fantastic.  It's got carmel in it, but it somehow was the consistency of those Caramello candy bars, even though the ice cream was frozen. 

I don't know how that works, but it was awesome.

There's also a kind that combines that chocolate fudge brownie with chocolate chip cookie dough, it's called "Half Baked". 

I can hear myself getting fatter just thinking about this.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

This ice cream is simply amazing.  I love Americone Dream, Cinnabun, Cookie Dough, Chocolate Fudge Brownie, Banana Split, and Willie Nelson's Peach Cobler. 

Their frozen yogurt is really good stuff as well.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

Half Baked is best, but I try to avoid ice cream altogether except the rare social (birthday, date) occasion.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Great ice cream, DUMB fuckin' owners. DUMB.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

I have only had Ben and Jerry's once. I got Strawberry and Banana chip yoghurt flavour. It was amazing.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I'm hooked on the Ben and Jerry's cookie dough flavour.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I bought Peanut Butter Cup tonight. Always wanted to try it but it was either sold out or the store I was at didn't carry it. When I went shopping earlier at Safeway, they had it and I grabbed it like a kid snatching his presents on Christmas morning. I always loved peanut butter ice cream, but other than Baskin Robbins, the peanut butter ice cream I always ate was chocolate ice cream with peanut butter swirled into it. This is peanut butter ice cream with peanut butter cups in it.

I might have an orgasm.

I should have bought more but I've been trying to cut back a bit on sweets. Was gonna try the Pistachio also but they didn't have it.

myillusions
 Rep: 5 

myillusions wrote:

I've never had any of their ice cream.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

I heard rumor they are thinking about using breast milk to make their ice cream.  I really doubt they will, but it's kinda gross to think of them even debating it. 

James, that Peanut Butter Cup is fucking amazing.  I love peanut butter ice cream.  If you love peanut butter, an amazing milkshake to have is a peanut butter marshmallow milkshake.  Sounds different but it's fucking amazing.

Board footer