You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Re: Bumble playing with a (tribute) GNR

Locomotive98 wrote:

GUNS N' ROSES Guitarist BUMBLEFOOT Jams With Tribute Band On Long Island - Sep. 29, 2008

GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal jammed with the GN'R tribute band NOVEMBER RAIN at the "Rock & Roll Ball" this past Friday night (September 26) at the Munchaba Lounge, located at 58 Gardiners Avenue in Levittown, New York. Thal co-hosted the event with professional wrestler/actor Brimstone, according to a press release.

A couple of photos taken during this past Friday's jam can be viewed below.

The event, which happens every Friday night at Munchaba Lounge, has already brought together many rock celebrities, including Lita Ford, Evan Seinfeld (of BIOHAZARD), and members of ANTHRAX and LIFE OF AGONY with some of the hottest up-and-coming bands from the area for the best party on two legs.

Thal recently inked a deal with DEEP/BCD Music Group. His latest CD, "Abnormal", which was released on July 1 via all digital outlets, will be made available in October. The DEEP/BCD Music Group version of the album will include an exclusive bonus track not available anywhere else.

"Abnormal", the follow-up to Thal's previous offering, "Normal", is a hard rock album flavored with a light-hearted mix of different styles and genres, with catchy hooks and blistering guitar work. It contains "17 powerful, well-delivered tracks" featuring Thal's "incredible lyrics and seriously intense skills on the guitar," according to a press release. Drawing influences from such diverse artists as the SEX PISTOLS, THE BEATLES and FRANK ZAPPA, the CD is "sure to appeal to fans of GUNS N' ROSES as well as musicians everywhere."

2899032470_518c5477ec.jpg

2898189413_44899f893d.jpg

Source: Blabbermouth

I'm sure these guys were just about to rip into a version of IRS.......

Comments......

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Unless these tribute bands are paying tribute to CD, he doesn't need to be involved. A casual fan there to hear AFD will think he's an actual member of the tribute band.

Its time to stop living in the past, especially when you had nothing to do with that past. If I want to live in the past, I'll start begging for a reunion.

I still don't understand why Axl doesn't fire these guys when they do this shit. Hire people who don't exploit the name for their own benefit.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

That's pretty wierd!

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Locomotive98 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Unless these tribute bands are paying tribute to CD, he doesn't need to be involved. A casual fan there to hear AFD will think he's an actual member of the tribute band.

Its time to stop living in the past, especially when you had nothing to do with that past. If I want to live in the past, I'll start begging for a reunion.

I still don't understand why Axl doesn't fire these guys when they do this shit. Hire people who don't exploit the name for their own benefit.

James, this photo to me is too funny -   he pretty much is playing tribute to the band in the first place, who, apart from us nerds knows who the hell this guy is? Credibility? Leave that at the door please.....

Next photo, Richard Fortus's fret punching rendition of Pretty in Pink (originally by the Psychedelic Furs) Followed by 'Dave' doing a cover of It's so Easy, because he happened to walk by Rumbo in the same week GNR originally cut that tune. Ridiculous.

I suppose he has to make a wage though, Im sure the flyer on the Scout Hut did say Guns N Roses after all..... So fucking lame.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

After this, Axl should fire his ass.

There is no need for this.  He's supposed to be in the CD-era of GNR, and if maybe the album is slated to come out, you think he would not do stupid shit like this.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Just because Axl's on stage doesn't give it anymore validity when performing old GN'R songs.

I really don't see this as any different, than Ron playing under the name Guns N' Roses.

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

maybe he was just supporting some avid GNR fans, and what an asshole he is, he shouldn't be immersing himself in the fan community, he should be shunning us and referring to us as the enemy like the rest of the GNR camp, this guy is clearly a selfish pig if you ask me.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Captain Winkler wrote:

maybe he was just supporting some avid GNR fans, and what an asshole he is, he shouldn't be immersing himself in the fan community, he should be shunning us and referring to us as the enemy like the rest of the GNR camp, this guy is clearly a selfish pig if you ask me.

Valid points if you ask me.  Axl gets bashed for being a recluse.  Ron gets bashed for playing for Guns fans.  Not sure what's right and what's wrong at this point.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
faldor wrote:
Captain Winkler wrote:

Valid points if you ask me.  Axl gets bashed for being a recluse.  Ron gets bashed for playing for Guns fans.  Not sure what's right and what's wrong at this point.

He's playing with  Slash, Axl, Duff and i'm assuming Steven 'look alikes', and from the pictures he may have taken Izzy's place.  That's not exactly the right way to reach out to Guns fans. 

Axl has every right to be a recluse in my book.  Imagine having the level of stardom that he has.  I wouldn't want to leave my house either if i was famous like him.  I imagine it would get tiring after a while.

I am not however defending his lack of communication with his fan base.  Just the fact that he doesn't much leave his sanctuary.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I see where you're coming from, but I just don't think it's that big a deal.  He's a fan of Guns N' Roses.  He was a fan before he joined the band.  He's basically paying homage to the guys that came before him.  Is that so wrong?

Board footer