You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Bumble playing with a (tribute) GNR

Neemo wrote:

chicken_dinner....Ron is a current member of guns s roses and a member of this board

if you dont like his solo material then thats fine but i see no need to insult the man jsut cuz you prefer a different (former) gnr guitarist instead

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Well, that's something you'll never see Bucket doing.

Didn't you get the memo? Bucket shits on the name and exploits it every chance he gets. Been doing it for years. Axl and the nutswingers said so. That means its true even though it never happened.

However, when Fortus, Frank, and Bumble do it, you're persecuted for mentioning it because what they are doing is peaches and cream and saint worthy.

The reason I jump on these types of threads is because of the hypocrisy of the situation. If Bucket or Paul Huge were doing this(now or when they were in the band), the people loving this would be hating it and screaming bloody murder.

Speaking of which. I saw Bucket Saturday night, and before his set started, a GNR song (old) came over the sound system, then it was abruptly shut off. It was the only preshow song cut off.

Well, we already know he got sick of AFD rehash years ago.:laugh: He wouldn't accept a blank check in 06 to play the album, so obviously the last thing he wants to do is hear it.

I think we can take that as a subtle sign all is not well between the two camps and Bucket won't be returning.

I don't even want him to return now. Let this sink or swim on its own merits. They're already having to use him to prop this thing up, lets see how it works after its been released and he's not in the picture.

including causes like cancer treatement etc...which i think is a pathetic move by him to gain name recognition.....exploiting causes like that to sell more records and giving a few cents to a cause...yeah.

While I do have some issues with how some of these guys promote themselves and try and milk the name dry, there's nothing wrong with him using his position for cancer, diabetes, and whatever else he does next in those regards. These are probably causes he believed in and supported before and there's no sense in him backing off from that now.

lighten up francis

14 Yeah, I think I'm gonna announce my early retirement from this thread.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Didn't you get the memo? Bucket shits on the name and exploits it every chance he gets. Been doing it for years. Axl and the nutswingers said so. That means its true even though it never happened.

However, when Fortus, Frank, and Bumble do it, you're persecuted for mentioning it because what they are doing is peaches and cream and saint worthy.

The reason I jump on these types of threads is because of the hypocrisy of the situation. If Bucket or Paul Huge were doing this(now or when they were in the band), the people loving this would be hating it and screaming bloody murder.

as for bumble using the name...i havent seen a flyer or anythign saying that "bbf from GnR" its usually the media that makes ther connection...and i fail to see how a bar band is even worth the time to report in the media in the first place...its friggin bizarre to me...

the only flyers i;ve seen where a replacement band member uses GnR to promote the flyer is Hookers N Blow and Pisser...i havent seen a fortus flyer using the GnR name for blatant self promotion..nor a huge one

James

James wrote:
Neemo wrote:

as for bumble using the name...i havent seen a flyer or anythign saying that "bbf from GnR" its usually the media that makes ther connection...and i fail to see how a bar band is even worth the time to report in the media in the first place...its friggin bizarre to me..

Its not the first time he goes to events playing old GNR tracks. Wont be the last either.

the only flyers i;ve seen where a replacement band member uses GnR to promote the flyer is Hookers N Blow and Pisser...i havent seen a fortus flyer using the GnR name for blatant self promotion..nor a huge one

There's ways to exploit the name without flyers. Fortus is always trying to promote his solo stuff, and the only people who care about him are certain people at GNR sites. So he goes to those GNR sites giving interviews. Guess what you cant talk about? GNR. He only wants you knowing about his solo stuff but has to use GNR to get people to know about it.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

^well you have me on both accounts i suppose and i wont deny it..but playing a tune is hardly using gnr for self promotion...he plays all kinds of cover songs..is Ron exploiting Dr Suess to promote his solo career too by playing the Grinch Theme song?

if so then BH uses Many theme songs for blatant self promotion tongue 16

James

James wrote:
Neemo wrote:

^well you have me on both accounts i suppose and i wont deny it..but playing a tune is hardly using gnr for self promotion...he plays all kinds of cover songs..is Ron exploiting Dr Suess to promote his solo career too by playing the Grinch Theme song?

if so then BH uses Many theme songs for blatant self promotion tongue 16

I'm not trying to crucify him for playing a show. If that's what he wants to do and Axl feels this helps strengthen the brand name and ensures the high standard of the prior legacy, go on a world tour with these guys.

I'm just willing to call a spade a spade and point out that if this had happened in the 1999-04 era the fanbase would be on the floor kicking and screaming.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

i've never been anti-BH but maybe you are right with the majority of forum goers

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

UHM - why is everyone "oh he should be fired", "oh, this will make so and so mad" - how about this was funny and something that everyone still in the band, including Axl, could laugh about?

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
bigbri wrote:

i still don't see what advantages bumble got out of playing with a tribute band. promoting his solo album? let's be serious, there were a couple hundred people there at a gig no one else than gnr fans knew about. money? i doubt he did it because they paid him, maybe they paid for his drinks.

and why do you imply that if bucket would do the same thing it would be the complete opposite reaction. i've been around this board for some time and i still fail to see the bucket hate you say it's everywhere.

i still think bucket is the best new-era gnr guitar player. i still think he wrote great tunes for gnr. i still think axl is an ass for re-recording his parts. doesn't mean i can't give bumble credit for playing with a tribute band. and if slash or bucket or 'insert gnr member past or present here' would do it i would still say it was really cool of them to do so, no matter for how long they've been in the band and in what period of time.

why do you have to see a marketing plot in everything some of these guys do. why is it so hard to believe it was all in good fun? you never do something just for fun in your life? yes, there have been situations where the gnr name was used for marketing by some of them, this ain't one of those times.

nugdafied wrote:

Bumblefoot should join Anthrax already. Anthrax Rules!

Board footer