You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: With the release of CD lets just see all the bridges Axl has burned.

James wrote:
sandman wrote:

JamesLofton - you can't criticize most of Axl's decisions, then claim to be "right" regarding Fortus.

with so many fuck-ups made by Axl regarding whose parts were included in these songs, isn't it a logical argument that the Fortus "nut-swingers" are actually correct? that fortus SHOULD have been featured more prominently?

i'm sorta just playing devil's advocate here, but certainly no Fortus fan is eating crow when the "proof" is based soley on the decisions made by Axl.

Yeah, they're eating crow. For years, Fortus nutswingers said his Blues outro was 'mind blowing'. When Madagascar leaked in 07, they said they finally had proof Bucket was no longer needed. They said he would be all over CD based on one sentence from Axl six years ago.

During all this, they shit on Tobias and Bucket since they had no other way to validate their love of him.

Then when reality hits, fans find out he was the least important guitarist in the sessions.

Why do you think he should be featured more prominently? I have yet to hear anything that would make anyone think that.

sandman
 Rep: 30 

sandman wrote:

i don't necessarily think he should be featured more prominently. i can rarely tell one person's solos from another. and after reading these threads for several months, many of the "experts" in here are often wrong as well.

i'm just saying that you can't use Axl's decisions as proof of anything. you can't put much weight into what's on CD cause that is simply one man's opinion of what guitar work fits best. the same man that thinks Brian May's solos don't belong in Catcher.

(for the record, i'm a Buckethead fan. he's my favorite and i'd shit myslef if he came back. i wish he was featured even more on the album.)

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I havn't heard the Ron version of the Rhiad solo yet because i'm holding out till release day now.

But i want to ask about the "Bucket Solo" in the antiquiet leak.....

How sure are we that it's bucket even? To my ears there are two distinct solos the first at 2.25 to 2.33 - then a faster shreddier guitar till 2.47.

It's either done with overdub - or - it's two people - but there's a note where the 'first' solo is resolving and the 'second' bit starts up....

Is it possible it was a Robin solo (the bendy awarkbid bit) and then Some bucket Shred following it?

I'm told whatever it was it's been replaced by a Ron solo...but i'm just wondering if that may be why it's gone and other's kept.

NickNasty2009
 Rep: 2 

1. Agree--never replace one of the greatest rock guitarists ever with lesser talent.

2. Like Brain, but think Frank's heavy drumming works, particularly on the rockers

3. I've always liked Ron and think his presence is welcome, BH's contributions are still plentiful and awesome.

4. Got nothing against Richard.

5. Meh---this is piano driven first and foremost. It doesn't detract from what I think is the best song on the record.

re: larger point--Axl burned whatever bridges he had with these folks when they left out of frustration. At this point they are all on to other projects and they all understood it was Axl's baby when they signed on.

Well I like the album,sure there are some issues that should have been worked out before it was mastered but overall it's a good rock album,compared to some of the shit people call music these days.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Am I the only one glad May was removed? 16

I love it now. The demo was always lacking musically, now we have two fantastic guitar solos accompanying Axl's heartfelt vocals.

It may be my favorite song on the album now.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

I like the solo in the center enough to forget May, but the wanking over the last verse fucking sucks. I hate it because the last verse used to be my favorite part of the song... now it sounds annoying. hmm

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Don't forget the bridge Axl burned with Bono. You know the guy who posts on Gn'R forums? Yup that bridge was burned badly. would take a lot to repair.:haha:

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I'm sure he'll get right on that man. God knows he loves Canadians.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I'm sure he'll get right on that man. God knows he loves Canadians.

Actually you shouldn't laugh at Bono.  Axl has burned a lot of bridges with a llot of fans.  And in this day and age with all the downloading, Axl will need all the fans he has and had.  He needs to mend those bridges.  Want proof?  Axl played to half emptied arenas more times that you can imagine on his last tours.  Something that wouldn't have happened 15 years ago.  And Axl can't blame it all on Slash's departure or Bucket's or anyone else's departure.  It's time for him to man up and take responsability for his actions.

Board footer