You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: U2 "Reinvent Rock" on New Album

polluxlm wrote:
Bono wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

50 year old men do not reinvent anything, nor does anyone expect them to.

I predict this to be U2's second "Pop" and another end of hegemony. The album will probably be good by the fans standard, but trying to do something new at that point in your career hasn't gone too well traditionally.

Either way, talk about setting your album up for failure. How about just saying "I think it will be good"?

16 C'mon Polluxlm. This is nothing compare t the way Bono was going on and on about HTDAAB. If anything that was "setting your album up for failure". And gee that album sold what?  12 million copies? Not such a  bad failure. I'm sure U2 will be just fine.  Plus Since when has any band simply said "I think it'll be good".  I think if we wanna talk about setting yourself up for failure we have no further to look than this board and the band it supports.

Nah Bigbri I don't. Sorry man. I never had that show. I used to have alot form that tour but my fucking computer crashed and bunred. Lost it all. 17

I should've known not to underestimate nutty dubliners. 16

GN'R is probably worse, I agree. Still think it's silly going around using words such as "reinvent, best ever, old school bla bla bla". The only albums actually doing these things are those never talked about all that much.

In the end it will just be another U2 album. I don't see a whole lot a new ideas since Achtung Baby. Which is fine.

I really doubt U2 will reinvent anything

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

U2 can easily reinvent themselves Slash_McKagan. They've done it numerous times in the past with great success. Yes using the term "reinvent rock n' roll" is a bit silly but don't take it to mean U2 seriously think they are gonna rewrite music history and come up with something the world couldn't fathom. It's just hype. They're excited for their own album. Probably cause they're confident. Someone should take notes.

I agree Polluxlm U2 do say alot of crazy things when promoing an album but dont' forget Bono was quoted as saying:

- "This new song we've recorded is the mother of all rock songs"  The song he was refreing to was Vertigo

- the best way to describe the new album is kind of like punk rock on venus"

- "The Edge is on fire. It's simply amazing the types of sounds he's coming up with in the studio"

16 All stuff from Bono when doing interviews for HTDAAB album.  He's a blwohard when it comes to promoing U2 albums. The Edge is always on fire as far as Bono's concerned. Never take anything he says seriously when it comes to this stuff. When the Edge talks though it's a bit different. His thoughts on U2 albums are bit more reality based wink

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Regardless of whether they reinvent anything, I'm looking forward to this.

I was a bit in the fence about U2 until I saw that U2:3D movie recently. And there's no denying the talent of these guys.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

I can't help but think of this when people talk about Edge's guitar playing 16

I love Bill Bailey he's awesome

16:haha:  That's awesome APE. Thanks man that was funny.

I only like a few of U2's songs,not many tho,I could never get into them I don't know why.

Board footer