You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: The Star Wars Thread *NO SPOILERS ALLOWED!*

They revealed some behind the scenes footage of Episode 7 at Comic-Con 2015.

It has also been confirmed by Lucas-film and Disney that a Han Solo Anthology ("Updated title: A Star Wars Story") movie will be developed and directed by Phil Lord and Chris Miller ("The Lego Movie", "21 and 22 Jump Street"). It will happen probably after Episode 8 in the franchise. The first spin off "Anthology" film, "Rogue One" will be shooting in a couple weeks. It's either the Han Solo or a rumored Boba Fett movie that Josh Trank left during development. There are various rumors circulating around that the time line has already been planned out for each project.

http://www.starwars.com/news/christophe … d=15374279

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Practical, practical, practical...when are they going to start talking about the actual movie? It's all you hear. Not liking this divisive and superficial marketing at all.

AtariLegend wrote:

I'm predicting it now. JJ probably made a Star Wars film that divides fans more than the prequels did, lenses flares or not.

I hope I'm wrong.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I'm predicting it now. JJ probably made a Star Wars film that divides fans more than the prequels did, lenses flares are not.

I hope I'm wrong.

It's going to Star Trek 10x. I've been reading up on the rumors and spoilers. Trainwreck is about to happen for quite a lot of fans.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

I feel like he could release a 2 hour loop of Darth Vader farting and fans would eat it up. It's gonna be really hard to fuck this movie up.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

TBH I thought the hype would've been pretty heavy at this point.  Aside from blogs & articles etc, and a few little marketing (cereal, toys etc) I've heard very little so far. Thought it would be much bigger, like y2k.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

PaSnow wrote:

TBH I thought the hype would've been pretty heavy at this point.  Aside from blogs & articles etc, and a few little marketing (cereal, toys etc) I've heard very little so far. Thought it would be much bigger, like y2k.

I think with Disney's recent trend of having like 20 or 30 different trailers for Age of Ultron that spoiled alot of details about the movie, they kind of want to keep the main plot synopsis and the reveal of certain character's last names close to their chest. Other studios aren't innocent from this tactic either. Also the fact that they haven't shown anything regarding the whereabouts of Luke, Leia, and Max Von Sydow's character either. Some trailers and TV spots are edited poorly nowadays. The toys that were released this past "Force Friday" show the main cast that will be a part of this movie and probably future films. Even some of them feature functions that show character dialogue that appears in Episode 7. I'm excited in seeing this flick since I'm not hearing any worrisome news about the production.

There are rumors floating around that they may show a new trailer in October or maybe sometime this month. They did show a "15 second" spot featuring new footage on Instagram a few weeks ago. Everyone wants this movie to succeed and be great.

Also here is an official pic from "Rogue One".

Master_Cast_Photo_1of2_2.0.jpg

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I'm sure its been said a million times but I'll say it again.....

Lucas needed to do this in the late 80s-2000.  Star Wars was one of the biggest pop culture phenomenons of the 80s, and he said there would be sequels right after Jedi. It never materialized until those prequels. Any sequels post Jedi needed to be done when all the actors were still young.

He should have made the sequels first and then went the prequel route. If Star Wars nerds had created a backlash to all of the Lucas re-releases of Star Wars films containing a nanosecond of new footage instead of creaming all over it, the world would have got these films eons ago. He had zero incentive to create new films because he could keep making insane amounts of money by shoving 2 seconds of Jabba the Hut footage down your throats. I bet he still laughs about that.

AtariLegend wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Lucas needed to do this in the late 80s-2000.  Star Wars was one of the biggest pop culture phenomenons of the 80s, and he said there would be sequels right after Jedi. It never materialized until those prequels. Any sequels post Jedi needed to be done when all the actors were still young.

Maybe for our sake, unfortunately even if the next film is a disaster critically it'll probably break the billion barrier.

The prequels haven't done enough to damage this series and they've already picked directors for episodes VIII/IX. The guy who's set for IX recently directed the rebooted Jurassic Park recently that made a billion too, despite not exactly being a classic.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Maybe for our sake

No....for his sake too. The story was fresh in his mind at that point and he was certainly more ambitious in his youth.

even if the next film is a disaster critically it'll probably break the billion barrier.

Of course. How much money he makes on it means nothing to me though. He raked in millions every time he released a nanosecond of Jabba the Hut footage. Obviously a new Star Wars film will break some records. They always do.

My issue is that this was 20-30 years overdue.  So is this Hans Solo/Boba Fett spin off idea.  In the early 80s everyone and their grandma was interested in that concept, now it's finally being placed near the launching pad. Absurd. IMO Lucas knows he's almost face to face with eternity and wants to make a couple more billion and put some closure on the story before its all over.

If he'd give an honest interview he would admit that this all should've been wrapped up in the time frame I mentioned.

IMO he was an idiot for going the prequel route in 99.  Yes he had talked about that in the 80s but followups to Jedi is what fans wanted.

The prequels haven't done enough to damage this series

They're a non issue at this point. Might be some nerds still nutting up about them but the controversy over the prequels died around 15 years ago, at least with the general public.

Board footer