You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Chinese Democracy Chart Positions Thread

James wrote:
faldor wrote:

I found the answer, from wikipedia.  It's funny how people have to be told what is good and worth buying.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/River:_The_Joni_Letters

The album peaked at #5 on The Billboard 200 after enjoying a huge post-Grammy sales boost, at #61 in Switzerland, #70 in France and #83 in the Netherlands.

Its not necessarily that they have to be told(although thats a good point), its that the public gets a reminder that an album exists by either a hot single or various awards.

CD had no hot singles and no awards either, and that's why we are seeing it plunge off the charts. One song can turn it around though.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Yeah, well with recent events, if you're to believe rehersals are going on, a tour could be on the horizon and you would hope the re-release would coincide with that.  Not sure if they'll add bonus tracks, but that would certainly help boost sales.  I'll buy it for sure with or without new tracks, as long as the packaging is changed, different covers, approved artwork, and correct lyrics.  But I'm sure a LOT of people who already bought the album won't buy it again if it's the same songs.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I wish Azoff would comment. A re-release with bonus tracks would do wonders with their upcoming situation. They need a "double dip" REALLY bad.

I get why you're saying that, but it pisses me off when bands do that.

It's like I get punished for wanting the album as soon as I could get it.  "Ha Ha Asshole, if you want these extra songs you'll have to buy what you already have again."  And they wonder why people download illegally. 

faldor wrote:

But I'm sure a LOT of people who already bought the album won't buy it again if it's the same songs.

That would piss me off even more.  If they're gonna re-release the artwork and such that Axl says he wanted, they should do it as a free download.  Which could only help their image.

James

James wrote:

I see why people may not like it, but I'm a sucker for double and triple dips. I bought Kala multiple times(on both formats), but she had extras included with each release.

I wont double dip Chinese Democracy unless it has bonus tracks. If Axl/Uni wanted me to buy the proper artwork, they should have planned that out during the album's 1999-2007 phase.

James

James wrote:

Chinese Democracy drops to 123 on the Billboard charts. Kala is right on its ass, and CD only sold 161 more copies than her album this week.

Main reason I bring this comparison up(besides the fact I'm an MIA fan) is that old albums are now coming back from the bottom of Billboard's barrel and CD is continually on its way down.

They need to unleash that third single. Pronto.

This also shows that the Best Buy exclusive no longer holds as much water. Kala isn't the easiest album to find in stores either, and while its 65 on the Itunes chart, has languished at the bottom of Billboard's charts.

When someone wants an album, they find it.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

It's weird. They were so quick to put out Better as the 2nd single. Now, a third is needed and it's nowhere in sight. Not that it will help much, but you think they'd at least give it a try.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Chinese Democracy drops to 123 on the Billboard charts. Kala is right on its ass, and CD only sold 161 more copies than her album this week.

Main reason I bring this comparison up(besides the fact I'm an MIA fan) is that old albums are now coming back from the bottom of Billboard's barrel and CD is continually on its way down.

They need to unleash that third single. Pronto.

This also shows that the Best Buy exclusive no longer holds as much water. Kala isn't the easiest album to find in stores either, and while its 65 on the Itunes chart, has languished at the bottom of Billboard's charts.

When someone wants an album, they find it.

Wasn't it at #127 last week?  Moved UP 4 spots.  Woo hoo!

I just read earlier in the thread it was #115 last week, although I read somwhere else that it was #127.  Regardless, neither is worth throwing a party for.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
faldor wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Or is it Zed? I've never watched the movie sober, so who knows.

It's Zed.  My favorite movie.  Good stuff!

Who's motorcycle is this?

It's a chopper.

Who's chopper is this?

Zed's.

Who's Zed?

Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7Yp2L6c2KM

Pulp Fiction has the best quotes of all time.

AtariLegend wrote:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp … pe=listing

...So the album has sold terribly in the US, yet it's still the best selling album at Best Buy? hmm

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

thats what i said before...what does it take to be #1 at best buy?

obviously not much

Board footer