You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: 100 Worst Guitar Solos - Guitar World

faldor wrote:

http://www.guitarworld.com/article/100_ … page=0%2C0

100 MICHAEL JACKSON
“Black or White”
Dangerous (1991)
GUITARIST: Slash

Shooting for another rock-crossover coup along the lines of Eddie Van Halen’s “Beat It” solo, Wacko Jacko placed a call to Slash, the hottest guitarist of the moment. Lightning failed to strike twice, however, and Eddie no doubt lost little sleep over Slash’s plodding contributions.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I only skimmed thru the first page of it, but some of the comments were pretty funny. Reminded me of old issues of Maxim back when it was good. I'll have to listen to some of those songs.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I've never heard Slash playing that song, as far as I know he totally changed the solo, cause he 'wanted to do his own thing', with other words, he's not into tapping and cannot play Eddie's solo. I don't know if it was that horrible, but a stupid move by Slash, without a doubt, cause you just don't replace one of the most famous guitar solos of all time with another try. Slash should practice the word 'no', when it comes to guest appearances.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I liked some of it, but not a lot. My biggest issue with it was Cult of Personality being on there, I really like that song and solo. Some of the hardest and best guitar work on that album (Vivid).

Even being a Blind Melon fan, I can accept No Rain being on there, but they should know its not Chris Thorn playing it, it's Rogers Stevens.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

I don't have a prob with the no rain solo...

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I didn't get that far but yeah, Cult of Personality doesn't belong on the list. Personally I think it's an awesome solo.

Overall it seemed pretty lighthearted though, so I won't take it seriously. It seems they tried to mix in bad songs (Mr Roboto) with more serious ones (Foxy Lady). So it gave it variety.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

Yah. That list for me is about 3/4 good and 1/4 wtf. I mean there's alot worse solos than some of those on that list.

Slashisvr
 Rep: 8 

Slashisvr wrote:

i thought s;ash only played the riff main riff and that was it ? :S

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer