You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: VELVET REVOLVER Members Denied Japanese Visas; Tour Cancelled

BLS-Pride wrote:

VELVET REVOLVER Members Denied Japanese Visas; Tour Cancelled - Nov. 14, 2007
VELVET REVOLVER has been forced to cancel its four scheduled concerts in Japan as immigration officials there have denied the band's request for visas. According to concert promoter Creativeman Productions Co., Ltd., "the members of VELVET REVOLVER were looking forward to their tour of Japan '” a series of four concerts to promote their current album 'Libertad' between November 26 and November 30, encompassing the cities of Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya and Yokohama. For the band, the upcoming trek was an opportunity to reconnect with their fans in Japan, where the band tour has toured before '” without incident '” back in 2005. But now it's a different story as VELVET REVOLVER's request for visas has just been denied. The increasingly tough Japanese immigration officials are taking exception with the backgrounds of various band members, which have included arrests."

The affected dates are as follows:

Nov. 26 - Zepp - Osaka, Japan
Nov. 27 - Zepp - Nagoya, Japan
Nov. 29 - Blitz - Yokohama, Japan
Nov. 30 - Nihon - Budokan - Tokyo, Japan

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Thats REALLY fucked up. The excuse Japan is using for the visa denials is bullshit.

Thanks for posting this.

BurningHills
 Rep: 15 

BurningHills wrote:

Haha - Visa denials?

More like the shows weren't selling for shit and they didn't want to go over there and be embarrassed.

It's over. Done. Finito.

STP reunion by this time next year - bet on it.

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Dreamline wrote:

With all the foreign idiots that I know that have got into this country, I find this really hard to believe.  So, Russian and Thai chicks are allowed to come in to be basically prostitutes, but a rock band can't come in?  What the fuck?!

That being said, as of this month, immigration laws did get tougher.  Foreigners entering the country are now required to be fingerprinted and photographed each and every time.  I know that lots of the foreign community here are protesting this.  Any chance that one or more of the band members had a problem with the new laws and refused to submit to fingerprinting/photographs?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'd beleive it...Australia has an issue with Snoop Dog comming in.

Since the fear of terrorism caused us give away most of our freedom, they don't bend visa rules just cos your famous anymore.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I wonder if this puts the aussie shows at risk. Like it may not be cost effective to come down under if you can't stop in at Japan on the way. As it is theres so much travel and landmass involved in touring Australia for so few places to do a show.

Dreamline

Dreamline wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I wonder if this puts the aussie shows at risk. Like it may not be cost effective to come down under if you can't stop in at Japan on the way. As it is theres so much travel and landmass involved in touring Australia for so few places to do a show.

From the article that was posted over at Hell:

VELVET REVOLVER will proceed with their Australian tour that begins on December 4 in Brisbane.

Well the 3 of them have a pretty extsensive drug and booze backround to the point of arrest and rehab for years for Scott, if the laws got tougher there may be some truth to the statement.

BH makes a point, maybe they weren't selling at all.   

Dreamline, since you live in Japan and you saw that bus with the giant Axl on the side and there were newspaper articles and all that, have you seen anything like that for VR.   Basically is the buzz that was there for GNR the same for VR?

Dreamline

Dreamline wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

Dreamline, since you live in Japan and you saw that bus with the giant Axl on the side and there were newspaper articles and all that, have you seen anything like that for VR.   Basically is the buzz that was there for GNR the same for VR?

Not that I was looking for it, but to put it simply, I didn't even know they were coming until I saw this thread today.  I don't watch much TV, so that could be part of it.  Though even with the little TV I watch, I did catch a commerical for the Police coming early next year.  I haven't seen anything at all advertising for VR shows.

AtariLegend wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I'd beleive it...Australia has an issue with Snoop Dog comming in.

I thought he wasn't allowed in for the same reason he wasn't allowed into the UK...

Being stupid enough to bring drugs from country to country with him...

Board footer