You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Megadeth

Neemo wrote:

So lets talk about this kickass band 9

I just got back into them when i heard a reference to a song on the TV show dexter

"If you kill a man you're a murderer, kill many and your a conquerer, Kill 'Em All, Ooh, you're a god", obviously a shot at Metallica stealing his tunes.

It's from Captive Honour off the Countdown to Extinction album, since Sunday i've listened to 3 different albums. So tell me what is your fav Megadeth album and why?

I'd prolly say that Youthanasia is my fav, just cuz it has such great tunes and they are at their peak IMO,  Mustaine and Marty Freidman were amazing together, and the opening 4 tracks Reckoning Day, Train of Consequences, Addicted to Chaos and A Toute le Monde is one of the best altime openings of an album I can think of.

Now going to A Toute Le Monde, I think the version from Youthanasia is far superior to the new one on United Abominations, but maybe its just me

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

I'm not sure what my favorite album is.

I like Cryptic Writings a lot, some good tunes on that. 

But UA is a great return to their heavier shit.  It's got great riffs, solos, and lyrics. 

Yeah, I think I'll go with United Abominations.  That, and Rust In Peace. big_smile

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Rust in Peace is one of the best albums of the 90's. I got to see them when they were touring behind that album, and it was incredible. They never even came close to topping that album in my opinion.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

I also would have to say Rust In Peace.   Holy Wars, Hangar 18, Lucretia,  Take No Prisoners and Dawn Patrol being the main reasons.  This album proved that Mustaine was for real while the previous albums had only hinted at what this band was capable of.

If I had to pick a second it would be Youthanasia.  From Reckoning Day to Victory there are no weak songs and it is one of the best produced albums I have ever heard.

Horrific
 Rep: 7 

Horrific wrote:

Guitar World magazine has posted an interview with MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine. A series of 10 video clips featuring Mustaine sounding off on such topics as his early influences, his former bandmates, his 2002 arm injury and writing about politics can be found at http://www.guitarworld.com/article/dave … _interview
One of the clips '” in which Mustaine talks about whether he would ever write a completely "political" album '” can be viewed below.

Mustaine will be the featured guest on the nationally syndicated radio show "Rockline", hosted by Bob Coburn, airing Monday, December 17 at 11:30 p.m. EST/8:30 p.m. PST. Fans can talk live with Dave Mustaine by calling 800-344-ROCK (7625). To find a station near you or to listen to the show live via the Internet, go to http://www.rocklineradio.com/

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … emID=85017

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I really like Megadeth, but man, Dave needs to give up his whole thing with Metallica. Give it up already, it was 25 years ago that he was kicked out of the band!!! 16

As for favourite album, I'd probably go with Youthanasia too. Has the right amount of old school feel, with 90's modern crunch. And I don't think there's a weak song on there either.

I haven't really given the recent albums much of a listen, aside from hearing the pointlessly re-recorded A Toute Le Monde. But how do they compare with the old stuff?

Rex

Rex wrote:

Oooh boy, the new album is heavy.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

actually i think that the system has failed is better than united abominations, but the world needs a hero is even better. (still thats a post injury dave though)

but yeh the albums they've made in the 2000's fucking own 9 if you havent been a fan since the mid 90's then you should check them out for sure, you'll prolly be surprised how metal he has gotten...like old school metallica/megadeth shit

Rex

Rex wrote:
Neemo wrote:

actually i think that the system has failed is better than united abominations, but the world needs a hero is even better. (still thats a post injury dave though)

but yeh the albums they've made in the 2000's fucking own 9 if you havent been a fan since the mid 90's then you should check them out for sure, you'll prolly be surprised how metal he has gotten...like old school metallica/megadeth shit

The World Needs A Hero better than The System HAs Failed AND United Abominations!?! 

BLASPHEMY! 

Nah it's kinda funny though because the general consensus in the Megadeth community is that TWNAH sucks.  I like it though, and think it has flawless production.  I do like TSHF and UA better though.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
Neemo wrote:

I agree with this 100%.  TWNAH has Disconnect, Return to Hangar, When, Dread and the Fugitive Mind and Recipe For Hate...Warhorse, neither of the following two albums (in my opinion) have that many "out of the park" hits on it.  The System Has Failed has three solid songs with Kick the Chair (which is really just a reworking of Take No Prisoners from R.I.P.), Truth Be Told and The Scorpion.  United Abominations has Gears of War, You're Dead and Never Walk Alone.  All three albums are solid but I think after TWNAH each has been a little lesser than its predecessor.

Board footer