You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Acekicken
 Rep: 12 

Re: Megadeth

Acekicken wrote:
Neemo wrote:

So lets talk about this kickass band 9

I just got back into them when i heard a reference to a song on the TV show dexter

"If you kill a man you're a murderer, kill many and your a conquerer, Kill 'Em All, Ooh, you're a god", obviously a shot at Metallica stealing his tunes.

It's from Captive Honour off the Countdown to Extinction album, since Sunday i've listened to 3 different albums. So tell me what is your fav Megadeth album and why?

I'd prolly say that Youthanasia is my fav, just cuz it has such great tunes and they are at their peak IMO,  Mustaine and Marty Freidman were amazing together, and the opening 4 tracks Reckoning Day, Train of Consequences, Addicted to Chaos and A Toute le Monde is one of the best altime openings of an album I can think of.

Now going to A Toute Le Monde, I think the version from Youthanasia is far superior to the new one on United Abominations, but maybe its just me

My favorite would be Peace sells but who's buying.

Youthanasia is great I love the song Blood of heroes.
A Toute Le Monde I like both versions of the song.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

It's Official: MEGADETH Taps NEVERMORE/JAG PANZER Guitarist CHRIS BRODERICK - Jan. 14, 2008 

As BLABBERMOUTH.NET first reported on January 7, MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine has finally officially confirmed that the band has parted ways with guitarist Glen Drover and replaced him with Chris Broderick (NEVERMORE, JAG PANZER).

"I've noticed [on the Internet] that people are pissed with me over the way things were handled with Glen quitting the group," says Mustaine, "but they're gonna be pissed even more when they hear how fierce we are with Chris! MEGADETH is playing at a new level."

In a November 2007 posting on the forum of MEGADETH's official fan club, MegaFanClub (accessible to members only), Mustaine stated about Drover, "sadly, Glen is having a really difficult time handling the demands of touring and we are finding that we are having to cut our European run down already, but that it is going to be one of the last long ones for some time."

Chris will make his live debut with MEGADETH on February 4 in Finland, where the group '” Mustaine, Broderick, drummer Shawn Drover and James Lomenzo on bass '” is kicking off a long string of international dates which wrap March 14 in Bangalore, India.

Chris Broderick has been playing guitar since he was eleven years old and has been teaching for the last 15 years. Styles range from classical, rock, blues, and jazz. He started taking lessons at 14 years of age studying guitar as well as voice, violin, and piano. Chris has a degree in classical guitar music performance at the University of Denver and the Lamont School of Music. He has performed in many master classes including ones given by David Russell, Benjamin Verdery, and his primary instructor, Ricardo Iznaola. In addition, Chris has taken classes such as jazz improvisation, chord voicing, advanced music theory, and sight-reading.

The third installment of Gigantour '” the acclaimed traveling heavy music festival launched in 2005 by Mustaine '” will kick off April 12 in Denver, CO with headliner MEGADETH, Swedish metal band IN FLAMES, Finland's CHILDREN OF BODOM, Arizona's modern extreme JOB FOR A COWBOY and Oakland, CA heavy power trio HIGH ON FIRE all confirmed. The 29-date trek will criss-cross North America and wraps May 22 in Phoenix, AZ.

Mustaine sums up the philosophy behind Gigantour, hailed by Revolver magazine as "the mother of all shred-fests": "If the bands and the fans are treated well, then the entertained and the entertainers go home happy '” it's a win-win situation." Since its inception in 2005, Gigantour has galvanized bands that emphasize true musicianship and virtuosity, offering them a new opportunity to showcase their talents. "I think that in a small way, we are cleaning up the environment of crappy bands," he says, laughing. "All of the people that really love this kind of music know that they can count on these bands to deliver the goods this year."

Gigantour features bands hand-picked by Mustaine with a sharp eye on true musicianship and a heavy focus on top-notch guitarists. The first incarnation in 2005 included DREAM THEATER, FEAR FACTORY, NEVERMORE, LIFE OF AGONY, SYMPHONY X, DRY KILL LOGIC and BOBAFLEX, while the 2006 trek included LAMB OF GOD, OPETH, ARCH ENEMY, OVERKILL, INTO ETERNITY, SANCTITY and THE SMASHUP. The trek always offers a strong connection between fans and musicians.

Gigantour 2008 tour dates featuring MEGADETH, IN FLAMES, CHILDREN OF BODOM, JOB FOR A COWBOY and HIGH ON FIRE:

Apr. 12 - Denver, CO The Fillmore
Apr. 13 - Albuquerque, NM Journal Pavilion
Apr. 15 - Dallas, TX Nokia Theatre
Apr. 16 - Corpus Christi, TX Concrete Street Pavilion
Apr. 17 - Houston, TX Verizon Wireless Theatre
Apr. 19 - Louisville, KY Louisville Gardens Sun
Apr. 20 - Atlanta, GA Tabernacle
Apr. 22 - New York, NY Hammerstein Ballroom
Apr. 24 - Worcester, MA Palladium
Apr. 26 - Baltimore, MD Merriweather Post Pavilion
Apr. 28 - Quebec City, QC Pavilion De La Jeunesse
Apr. 29 - Montreal, QC Bell Centre
Apr. 30 - Toronto, ON Arrow Hall
May 01 - London, ON John Labatt Centre
May 03 - Detroit, MI DTE Music Center
May 04 - Cleveland, OH Time Warner Cable Amphitheater
May 06 - Chicago, IL Aragon
May 07 - Milwaukee, WI Eagles Ballroom
May 09 - Minneapolis, MN Myth
May 10 - Winnipeg, MB Convention Center
May 11 - Saskatoon, SK Prairieland Exhibition Hall
May 12 - Edmonton, AB Shaw Conference Center
May 14 - Calgary, AB The Corral
May 16 - Vancouver, BC Pacific Coliseum
May 17 - Salem, OR Salem Armory
May 19 - San Jose, CA Event Center @ San Jose State
May 20 - San Diego, CA Cox Arena
May 21 - Los Angeles, CA Long Beach Arena
May 22 - Phoenix, AZ Mesa Amphitheatre

A short video clip of the new MEGADETH guitarist Chris Broderick (also of NEVERMORE and JAG PANZER) performing the band's song "Sleepwalker" can be viewed at this location (Quicktime required).

Broderick joined MEGADETH as the replacement for Glen Drover, who apparently left the group in order to focus on family life.

In a November 2007 posting on the forum of MEGADETH's official fan club, MegaFanClub (accessible to members only), the band's mainman Dave Mustaine stated about Drover, "sadly, Glen is having a really difficult time handling the demands of touring and we are finding that we are having to cut our European run down already, but that it is going to be one of the last long ones for some time."

New MEGADETH guitarist Chris Broderick has commented on his status in his previous bands NEVERMORE and JAG PANZER as well as his latest gig, which was officially announced earlier today (after first being reported on BLABBERMOUTH.NET on January 7).

Said Chris: "I'm glad I have [the fans'] support in this. Unfortunately I will not be able to do any more shows with JAG PANZER or NEVERMORE because the extensive touring that MEGADETH will be doing. I wish them all the best and remain friends with both bands. I look forward to touring with Dave [Mustaine], James [Lomenzo] and Shawn [Drover] and will keep my eye out for [longtime Broderick fans]."

GLEN DROVER: 'I Have A Lot Of Great Memories' From My Time With MEGADETH - Jan. 14, 2008 

Guitarist Glen Drover has released the following statement regarding his departure from MEGADETH:

"I am aware of the rumors that I left MEGADETH to focus on family life. My family life has always been my priority. In the end, I was unhappy with the situation, which magnified me wanting to spend more time with my family and realizing that it's time for me to move on to the next chapter in my musical career.

"First, I want to spend some good quality time here at home with my family for a little bit before getting into anything serious. Obviously, I have not spent the last several years of my life working hard to stop now. That would be insane, to put it mildly. This is what I do, and I am excited about what the future in music has in store for me.

"I would like to thank Dave [Mustaine, MEGADETH mainman] for giving me a great opportunity to be a part of MEGADETH for the past three-plus years. To be a part of this band with my brother Shawn [drums] and tour the world was awesome, to say the least.

"I have a lot of great memories and met a ton of great people along the way, both fans and people in the industry. I am also very proud to have been a part of bringing MEGADETH back to the forefront and firmly putting the band back on the map.

"Last but not least, I would like to thank all of the fans, the MEGADETH road crew and all of my endorsements, as well as everyone who has supported me in making my time with MEGADETH a very memorable experience."

all courtesy of blabbermouth

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

DAVE MUSTAINE On Classic MEGADETH Lineup, METALLICA And Sharing Stage With 'Satanic' Bands - Jan. 15, 2008 

According to The Metal Report, the March 2008 issue of Revolver magazine features MEGADETH frontman Dave Mustaine in a piece called "Going Postal" where fans ask their favorite musicians questions. A couple of excerpts from the article follow:

Revolver: How do you feel when fans say MEGADETH's best lineup was you with drummer Nick Menza, gutiarist Marty Friedman, and bassist David Ellefson?

Mustaine: Well, they're entitled to their opinion, totally, and if they're talking from a music point of view, that's understandable, because there's only been one record so far with the new lineup. But what they have to realize is that I sang almost every single note of Marty Friedman's guitar solos, and I wrote the majority of Nick's drum parts, and I wrote almost every bass note that Ellefson played. It's just a matter of these guys getting into the groove.

Revolver: How is it between you and METALLICA's Lars Ulrich and James Hetfield since shooting "Some Kind of Monster"?

Mustaine: How's what? I have no idea what you're talking about. You mean as friends? Nothing. I haven't said one syllable to them. I think it's probably pretty disappointing, all of this. We have the same demons. We suffer from bullshit, and you don't talk to somebody. It's fine. And there's enough people in the world that are tired of this story, me included. God, it's how many years old? 30 years old?

Revolver: [Swedish cult black metal act] DISSECTION had to be canceled from Israel's 2005 Metalist fest because you don't play with Satanic bands. Do you still refuse to play with any band that has even a smidgen of Satanism?

Mustaine: First, DISSECTION didn't have to be canceled. I made clear to my agent that I won't play with Satanic bands, and the promoter booked the band without checking with the agent. Because I'm a legend, I don't need to play with people who have gone on record and said they're an enemy of mine. Because I believe in God and he believes in Satan, that means we're enemies, right? It doesn't mean I can't pray for the guy; it just means he doesn't like me and he said so. And I told them that I was stepping off the bill. I never said to cancel those guys. Second, the guy [DISSECTION frontman Jon Nödveidt] threatened me in France. I have two first-degree black belts and I was just awarded a fourth-degree black belt from the World Taekwondo Federation. If the guy wants to threaten me, bring it. I went, he wasn't there. I try really, really hard to live my life peacefully, and this guy went on record saying he was my enemy. You know what? Something happened to him. He committed suicide, didn't he? Oh, bummer.

www.blabbermouth.net

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I would like to see Dave do one album with Metallica before these guys are too old.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

I would like to see Dave do one album with Metallica before these guys are too old.

Or even 1 song. Like a Temple of the Dog thing. Anyway, I've never been a Mustaine or Megadeth fan, but I agree with him about the Satanic band thing. Not for religious reasons, but I just think they're corny. So whenever Megadeth is on a concert bill, usually they are the main attraction & other bands benefit from their popularity. So if he doesn't want certain bands to ride the coattails of the Megadeth name, he has the right to pull the trigger and say "It me or them" one of them has to go.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

well heres the songs metallica stole from him so that makes about half an album 16

"The Four Horsemen" (Hetfield, Ulrich, Mustaine) - 7:13
"Jump in the Fire" (Hetfield, Ulrich, Mustaine) - 4:42
"Phantom Lord" (Hetfield, Ulrich, Mustaine) - 5:02
"Metal Militia" (Hetfield, Ulrich, Mustaine) - 5:09
"Ride the Lightning" (Mustaine, Hetfield, Burton, Ulrich) - 6:37
"The Call of Ktulu" [Instrumental] (Mustaine, Hetfield, Burton, Ulrich) - 8:54

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

well it's not like he doesn't get royalties so he didn't really steal them. 13

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
Synyster Gates wrote:

well it's not like he doesn't get royalties so he didn't really steal them. 13

he had to fight long and hard for the royalties though

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

New MEGADETH Guitarist CHRIS BRODERICK To Guest On TOTAL ROCK - Feb. 22, 2008
Tune in to Total Rock radio this Sunday, February 24 for a live interview with new MEGADETH guitarist Chris Broderick. Chris will guest on the show "Guitarmageddon" with resident DJ Chris Glancy at 5:00 p.m. UK time (17:00 GMT).

"Guitarmageddon" offers an insight into some of the legendary guitar players of past and present. Hear your favorite artists and the music that inspired them to pick up the guitar."

To listen to the live broadcast, go to www.totalrock.com.

MEGADETH's February 4, 2008 concert in Helsinki, Finland marked the band's live debut with Chris Broderick, who has previously played with JAG PANZER and NEVERMORE.

The third installment of the U.S. Gigantour '” the acclaimed traveling heavy music festival launched in 2005 by Mustaine '” will launch April 12 in Denver, CO with headliner MEGADETH, Swedish metal band IN FLAMES, Finland's CHILDREN OF BODOM, Arizona's modern extreme JOB FOR A COWBOY and Oakland, CA heavy power trio HIGH ON FIRE all confirmed. The 29-date trek will criss-cross North America and wraps May 22 in Phoenix, AZ.

AtariLegend wrote:

1: Countdown To Extinction
2: Cryptic Writings
3: Rust In Peace
4: Peace Sells...
5: United Abominations
6: The System Has Failed
7: So Far, So Good, So What?
8: Youthanasia
9: Risk

Apart from "Estranged", "A Tout Le Monde" is my favourite track of any artist, but it's on a tedious tedious album.

For some reason I never got around to getting "The World Needs a Hero".

Board footer