You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: In the Wake of a 100-0 Win, a Texas Coach Loses His Job

James wrote:
Communist China wrote:

How do you not get that this isn't the olympics?

I never said it was the Olympics. A precedent has been set here. The "I want everything and I want it now and for free and with zero effort" generation has now found its golden goose. The media will crucify this coach and the public will follow like sheep.

Believe me, this is going to happen again, and its going to happen soon.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Wanting everything? That would be a free win. They're not asking for that. All they want is a little human courtesy and respect. It has nothing to do with skill, which admittedly they will lack.

There's no honor in running up the score on a school with 20 learning disabled students, and luckily people higher up than Covenant's coach realized this. If he apologized, let him stay. But he didn't, so fuck him.

James

James wrote:

If they're disabled and that's the excuse, they should have never been allowed to compete against this team in the first place. You cant have it both ways. If you want disabled students competing against 'normal' students, then there are gonna be consequences to that decision, one of those consequences being a loss. Just because they aren't as good doesn't mean the winning team should take it easy on them.

Would your opinion on this topic be different if they weren't disabled?

James

James wrote:

Also, I cant believe we now live in a world where you're supposed to apologize for winning.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

He could have let the girls let off. Could have. But he didn't have to. Why does everyone make it seem like they had to let off?

Losing is part of life, and CC said himself that the losing team didn't even care that much.

And seriously, it's a sport! You play to win, whether it's a pro game or a high school game. Again, should the coach have backed off? Maybe, even probably. But to punish him for it? No way. That's foolish.

myillusions
 Rep: 5 

myillusions wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Oh god...I can't believe some of you support this kind of behavior...

the pussification of America? please...

You're acting like this high school girl's game is the pros...I don't think it's quite that seroius. There was no reason for this...and I agree with the decision to fire him. Not so much because of the game...but because of his insubordination...he was told to apoligize...and he wouldn't.

Oh wait...so it's okay for the coach to beat up on someone littler than him, but not okay for someone to beat up on him>

You're all so predictable...me...aggressive, dominant man...you...weak and pathetic....raaaaaaaaaaaaarr...watch me beat you 100-0...me superior, you weak...

evolve a little, please

Yes...the pussification of America indeed! Let's all feel sorry for these kids that were beat. We shouldn't have scores anyway.There shouldn't be a winner or loser. Let both teams win! Let's all evolve and everyone be a winner. Come on! Give me a break! They showed up to play and got beat. The coach should have not been fired. The game is a competition. You win or you lose. If anyone should have been fired it should have been the coach of the opposite team for allowing his team to be such an embarrassment over the pass several years. But once again, people think you should feel sorry and cry for the ones who lost.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

I'll garuntee you that the primary purpose of high school sports is not competition. It's ONE of the purposes...not the ONLY.

I really don't get how this is so hard for some of you to understand. You sound like people who would just walk over a man having a heart attack laying on the street and carry on with your day.

The winning and losing is not the issue...and don't try to make it the issue...it's the disrespect...you prove NOTHING by beating a lesser team by 100 points...absolutely NOTHING.

Why don't you go beat your Grandpa up...I hope that makes you feel good. You can beat his ass and you know it...so go show him. Slap him around a bit...it'll make you feel good. You're no pussy...you won't be part of this pussification of America! Don't let them make you a pussy.

I'm gonna go punch some babies after I'm done with this message...and maybe rape a few women...because I WON'T be a pussy!!! I won't!!!

Maybe I'll get a gun and kill some minority kids...cuz I ain't no pussy!! Hell no I ain't no pussy!!!! They're taking all our jobs and tax money anyway!!!!

I'm American! I drink my cheap beer, drive my ford...and listen to Toby Keith...that's the ONLY way to be American!

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

mitch whats the difference if it was 100-0 or 90-10...fact is that the one team totally outclassed the other, the only reason this story is even being discussed is that the media made it into something big on a slow news day

in sports you have a winner and a loser....if one team is that bad then maybe they should consider dropping out of the league for a couple years until they can be competitive

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

you're right...there is no difference...and to be honest...it's really low my list of things to worry about...

you're right...the media did blow it out of proportion...it really doesn't matter in the big picture...

I just completely disagree with anyone who believes this is okay to do to another person/group of people.

what did you mean by outclassed?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

if a basketball team cant score a single basket against another then they are outclassed in the game 16

as far as "class" prolly not since the guy wouldnt appologise for beating their asses so bad....but outclassed in the sport itself

Board footer