You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: SLASH Planning Solo Album

AtariLegend wrote:

SLASH Planning Solo Album - Nov. 16, 2007

VELVET REVOLVER guitarist Slash recently published his autobiography and now has a solo album in his sights. Although he doesn't have a timetable for the project, Slash told The Pulse of Radio he already has a lot of ideas for what direction he wants it to take. "I really want to do a solo record and play with a lot of different people that I've worked with before, maybe some people I haven't worked with, and just do something really, really sort of interesting," he said. "'Cause I've played on so many other people's records, you know, and I want to write material for, like, different individuals to sing on and whatnot. So that's sort of like the main sort of backburner kind of thing going on at the moment."

Meanwhile, VELVET REVOLVER was forced to cancel a four-city Japanese tour after the band members were denied visas. A spokesperson for concert promoter Creativeman Productions noted in a statement that the group had previously toured Japan in 2005, but now explained, "The increasingly tough Japanese immigration officials are taking exception with the backgrounds of various band members, which have included arrests." VELVET REVOLVER is appealing the decision, but the process could take months to resolve. "We want to apologize to our fans in Japan that we won't be able to perform our scheduled concerts," the band said in a statement. "We don't understand why the authorities won't give us visas when they granted them for us in 2005 for what was a successful tour and a great experience. We love Japan and look forward to our return there."

VELVET REVOLVER is still scheduled to tour Australia in early December.

The group wrapped up a North American tour with ALICE IN CHAINS last month as it continues promoting its second album, "Libertad". The record has sold 250,000 copies in the United Staes since its release last July, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Slash will appear as a presenter at the 35th annual American Music Awards, which will broadcast live on ABC this Sunday (November 18) from the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles, beginning at 8 p.m. ET.

Source: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … emID=85010

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I'm looking forward to this, much more than getting a new VR album, thats for sure.

I do wonder however if he takes this route, whether he'll turn into a Santana type of situation, in that now all Santana is mostly known for is his collaborations with whoever is currently being (over)played on the radio.

Please Slash, DON'T record a song with that Nickelback singer!!!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

This is now on my list of albums to look forward to next year. Yeah, it sounds like he is going in a Santana type direction, which could be VERY interesting. Slash is respected in all musical genres, and can get anyone he wants to contribute to this album.

There's no reason for him not to do this. Weiland has stated for over a year that when Libertad was over, he was doing his own solo project.

I think this is a better option for Slash than going to the third VR record.  Clearly there is too much bullshit behind the scenes going on with that band and they just aren't clicking together in the studio.  Hopefully he leaves Matt Sorum and Scott Weiland off this album and goes back to his roots.   I wasn't into either Snakepit, but I'm looking forward to this.

James

James wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

I think this is a better option for Slash than going to the third VR record.  Clearly there is too much bullshit behind the scenes going on with that band and they just aren't clicking together in the studio.  Hopefully he leaves Matt Sorum and Scott Weiland off this album and goes back to his roots.   I wasn't into either Snakepit, but I'm looking forward to this.

I agree. I think VR should disband. While they started off red hot(even though I think CB sucks), it clearly hasn't turned out like they thought it would.

I highly doubt Weiland would be on a Slash solo record. I would have nothing against any ex GNR members being on it though, but I definitely wouldn't want them dominating the record. Maybe a song or two, nothing more.

actually I'd like to see him collaborate with Izzy more.   I think if Izzy was writing songs with him, I think theres huge potential for strong material.   I doubt it wuld happen, but it would be cool.  I was bummed out when Izzy left VR before they were VR.

James

James wrote:

Yeah, Izzy leaving VR before it got off the ground was disappointing to say the least.

An Izzy collaboration would be cool, but I would rather it not happen at this time(maybe his next solo record) because all it would do is fuel the "will Axl be on Slash's album?" fire, and when it doesn't happen, Axl will start getting criticized.

I would rather Slash just do something on his own and having people outside the GNR world contribute.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

Great news.  As has already been said, I'm more excited about this than I ever was with Libertad.  With CB you couldn't help but get excited just b/c of the natural hype that went into it...then ya realized it sucked.  I was a fan of the first snakepit album, mainly for the guitar on it.  So this is a welcome surprise.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I think a Slash album a la Santana would be awesome.  I'd buy it in a second.

Horrific
 Rep: 7 

Horrific wrote:

This will definetly be a album to look forward too.

Board footer