You are not logged in. Please register or login.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

Re: Slash Myspace, Facebook, and Twitter updates

strat0 wrote:
faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

4 songs left, but won't be out till next year???? Why the delay?  Either a special singer remains, or will release during build up for VR album...  Or wants to allow record company chance to promote it.....  Or wants to find a VR singer first.... Don't know..

Maybe he wants to appear on some more reality shows to drum up interest before it comes out.  Just kidding.

It does seem kind of odd, seemed to be getting recorded in record time and all of a sudden it's gonna take more than half a year to release it?  It's possible it could tie into VR, but I would doubt it.  It would make more sense to get it all out as soon as possible as Duff is off doing his thing.  I think this actually spells more trouble than good for VR.  You know Slash is going to want to promote his album when it comes out and that could mean more delays for VR.  Although unlike Duff, he won't go on tour because it's a solo effort.  So maybe it won't effect things too much.  I just fell that when Libertad came out Slash was more concerned with promoting his book.  The same thing could happen again if the album coincides with VR getting back to work.

Maybe he's waiting on a call from Axl for a song, that he'll make the single...:haha: roll

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

It isn't odd at all. Let me educate u guys

Fergie single will be the FIRST single off the solo album

Black Eyed Peas have the number 1 single out right now and are about to drop a new CD

So Slash has to wait until the Peas CD comes out and runs its course before Fergie will be allowed to be on a single from Slash because they won't allow an oversaturation and confusion to which is the Peas and which isn't.

So that is why it is going to wait till next year. Record label politics

Prince had a similar problem when he had a duet with Gwen Stefani on his Rave UN2 the Joy Fantastic album. he couldn't do a video or single for their song because No Doubt had their stuff out at the same time.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

also if he can coincide the end run of a single into the new VR album that will be benificial if the singles do well from his solo disk, its like the songs and bands feeding on each other

black eyed peas do well...then when they run the course the slash single drops...couple propell the peas even further up...then if a second slash single does well then say cornell will bounce up...ozzy is due for a new disk too...and then if VR gets in there with a new album then it could speak well for several bands .... depending on the reception (and scheduling) of everything of course smile

santana helped matchbox20 leap into superstardom much the same way

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Yeah well Matchbox 20 already had a record that sold 12 million copies in the US alone before the Santana-Thomas combination. I think, while the analogy may fit, Slash is Santana - and while the single was huge Santana didn't go on to equal that success.

Maybe a singer's career can be launched by being on this, but then again he seems to be using famous people mostly.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Yeah I think in the end the success, or lackthereof, of a Slash solo disc will have little to do with whatever VR comes out with.  Slash has his own dedicated fanbase who will buy both, and fans of the singers on Slash's album will buy that disc as well.  But I'm not sold that a Fergie fan will buy the next VR album with some unknown singer (at least to a Fergie fan) leading the band.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

http://www.myspace.com/slash

Intro to new song?  Apocolypse?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Very Black Sabbath..... This screams OZZY to me!!!

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

No, it's the ringtone he created a while back.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Slash: Izzy is down here putting some rhythm gtr on a track, sounds fucking cool.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Slash: Izzy is down here putting some rhythm gtr on a track, sounds fucking cool.

I hope its on that Cornell track. Those three would be an interesting combo.

Board footer