You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: 'Chinese Democracy' Officially Drops out of the Billboard Top 200

Smoking Guns wrote:

If the World has/had huge potential.  Its my current favorite song cause its just so damn cool.  Also it has a very nice tasty guitar solo and Axl sounds great.    Nothing to hate on that song at all! War, good post, I agree with a lot ot it.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
war wrote:

had they released 'sorry right before axl got chatty about his hatred toward slash this song could've created some buzz for the album.

Excellent point.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:
bigbri wrote:

The way I see it, it's dead, and I don't mind. Bring on the next one.

I just hope there will be a next one.

I think its pretty safe to say there'll be a second. Going by his recent statements and attitude Axl has obviously not given up on this thing. The label made money. The band has proved they can sell 500,000 copies of an album in the US in just one store chain, with no promotion or original members. Still a pretty solid number in this day and for this band, especially.

I think he's still got some plans for CD. We'll see....

The band didn't prove anything. The album didn't prove anything. 500 000 copies did not sell based on this band or this album. Likely 99% of CD sales can be chalked up to the name GUNS N' ROSES.  The 500 000 copies was a forgone conclusion. We all knew it'd have a built in number. What's shocking is that they didn't build off of it. They have proved absolutely NOTHING with this release. Only that the vast majority of people simply don't give two shits about an Axl Rose solo Gn'R.  Fans on these sites can sit around and say the sales were pretty good actually considering. Well no they weren't. CD sales were a big dissapointment. The wait, the anticipation, the legacy of the Gn'R name, the revival of rock in 2008 with AC/DC and Metallica,  all these things should've contributed to much higher sales. 500 000 copies after 4 months on the shelves? It's an epic fail in terms of sales for such a highly anticipated album. 

I'm strictly talking sales so dont' anyone get their panties in a  bunch over the quality of the album.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
war wrote:

had they released 'sorry right before axl got chatty about his hatred toward slash this song could've created some buzz for the album.

Excellent point.

I said from day one Sorry should've been a single.  For the most part that opinion got laughed at while others pushed for that cheese SOD.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
Bono wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
war wrote:

Excellent point.

I said from day one Sorry should've been a single.  For the most part that opinion got laughed at while others pushed for that cheese SOD.

i've said a lot of things from day one and watched others get karma for posting the same thing two weeks later while my original post goes unnoticed 16

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Sorry is the one song I happily skip. Some of the lyrics are the weakest on the entire album and that chorus is a total snooze fest.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

I just hope there will be a next one.

I think its pretty safe to say there'll be a second. Going by his recent statements and attitude Axl has obviously not given up on this thing. The label made money. The band has proved they can sell 500,000 copies of an album in the US in just one store chain, with no promotion or original members. Still a pretty solid number in this day and for this band, especially.

I think he's still got some plans for CD. We'll see....

The band didn't prove anything. The album didn't prove anything. 500 000 copies did not sell based on this band or this album. Likely 99% of CD sales can be chalked up to the name GUNS N' ROSES.  The 500 000 copies was a forgone conclusion. We all knew it'd have a built in number. What's shocking is that they didn't build off of it. They have proved absolutely NOTHING with this release. Only that the vast majority of people simply don't give two shits about an Axl Rose solo Gn'R.  Fans on these sites can sit around and say the sales were pretty good actually considering. Well no they weren't. CD sales were a big dissapointment. The wait, the anticipation, the legacy of the Gn'R name, the revival of rock in 2008 with AC/DC and Metallica,  all these things should've contributed to much higher sales. 500 000 copies after 4 months on the shelves? It's an epic fail in terms of sales for such a highly anticipated album. 

I'm strictly talking sales so dont' anyone get their panties in a  bunch over the quality of the album.

Karma for truth. One of the guys that gets it, and doesn't mix 'quality' with 'business'.

Anybody that gets offended by that, if you don't want to talk shop, go sit in the corner with a sugar cube, and STFU.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Only that the vast majority of people simply don't give two shits about an Axl Rose solo Gn'R.  Fans on these sites can sit around and say the sales were pretty good actually considering.

Well I think you pretty much said it there. People don't care about Axl Rose solo GNR, ergo the sales were good considering they don't care.

What came first, the chicken or the egg? People not caring about New GNR in the first place or buying the album and then not caring about new GNR?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Bono wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
war wrote:

Excellent point.

Yeah, but he's referring to the single being promoted with the timing of the Slash tirades.

Sort of like, "Slash is a cancer and he can fuck off, and this new song just released sums up my opinion better than these fan chats and Del interviews ever will". Granted, there was little interest in those Slash tirades and it had even started some fan backlash, but there might have been a bit more casual interest in this aspect and it certainly would have at least caused the track to chart somewhere on Itunes.

Even IF the song isn't about Slash, he could have used it as a marketing gimmick.

Coma
 Rep: 11 

Coma wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Sorry is the one song I happily skip. Some of the lyrics are the weakest on the entire album and that chorus is a total snooze fest.

i will have to disagreed becuase i liked that song a lot i think that one of the best in the album it got a lot of energy and i think that its a perfect and catchy chorus

Board footer