You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Serious question

russtcb wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Overall though, my biggest complaint is this: They are SO pro current-line up GNR but you're not really allowed to discuss anything there. I don't get it?

I think what it is, they try to shut down bullshit rumors and shit they know is not true.   its one of the most read sources of info for GnR on the net and people read things on the internet and automaticaly take it as news.    I think the intention is to keep people from speculating and making assumptions based on things that aren't true.

I understand that, but how come I can't discuss the lyrics, melody and work on the leaks? There's nothing to really make up is there?

Again, I can't speak for Jarmo or his mods, but I would guess its because being that they do have some line of communiation with the GnR camp, they want to do what they can to keep Axl/GnR happy.   All I have to go on is what Merck said in that letter to the fans last year about how HTGTH was the only forum with a direct link to GnR.

Abbey_Road
 Rep: 16 

Abbey_Road wrote:

I think Jarmo is a Slash stalker!!!

Go and read these threads.  He is trying way too hard and getting way too worked up over some dates that probably the editor and not Slash messed up.

ttp://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=49802.0

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/boar … ic=49801.0

This poster, highvoltage, summed it up perfectly in my opinion:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: jarmo on Today at 01:16:41 AM
I have no obligation to be nice to people who try to insult me because they don't agree with the simple fact that I want people to know the facts about GN'R's past.

/jarmo

highvoltage says,
Not meaning to be rude or anything, but it seems more like you're making a big deal out of the minor factual innaccuracies to give off the impression that Slash is a liar.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Is that the same highvoltage from mygnr?

If Jarmo wants to spend day and night slandering Slash so Beta will be impressed, thats his decision.

Does he also point out the "facts" on things where Axl has been a bit inconsistent. He should tell the communities which of these "facts" is correct from Axl's statements over the years: He had no interest in doing an AFD record, or he wanted to but Slash prevented it. Or how about this one: Did CD come out in June 2001 or March 2006?

People need to know the facts......

AtariLegend wrote:
Abbey_Road wrote:

I think Jarmo is a Slash stalker!!!

Go and read these threads.  He is trying way too hard and getting way too worked up over some dates that probably the editor and not Slash messed up.

ttp://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=49802.0

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/boar … ic=49801.0

This poster, highvoltage, summed it up perfectly in my opinion:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: jarmo on Today at 01:16:41 AM
I have no obligation to be nice to people who try to insult me because they don't agree with the simple fact that I want people to know the facts about GN'R's past.

/jarmo

highvoltage says,
Not meaning to be rude or anything, but it seems more like you're making a big deal out of the minor factual innaccuracies to give off the impression that Slash is a liar.

Does this mean you're an Axl stalker....?

I'm not exactly a jarmo fan, but that list of inaccuracies jarmo posted was pretty funny.

yea we don't all bow down and worship slash.    if this had been a book written about slash by someone else, no one would have a problem with jarmo's thread.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

yea we don't all bow down and worship slash.    if this had been a book written about slash by someone else, no one would have a problem with jarmo's thread.

I don't worship him either, but you have to see the humor in giving the "facts" to GNR fans, yet only looking at one band member's inconsistencies.

Slash obviously had a writer help him, so all the blame on these minor errors are not his fault. If I helped Axl write a book, do I say he didn't want to do an AFD style record, or do I say he did? Axl made both statements. Which one is the "fact"?

Also, Slash was a druggie back then. Its not a surprise he doesn't remember certain dates. I can think of one GNR member thats clean as a whistle who cant even keep one fucking date in the present, let alone several, and its not Slash. Why aren't those facts being discussed since a truth police is needed?

If only one side is being blasted, its not the truth that is being sought out. Its propaganda.

Jameslofton wrote:

If only one side is being blasted, its not the truth that is being sought out. Its propaganda.

I wouldn't go as far as calling it propganada.  But yes the bias is there.   Just like on a Velvet Revolver forum, I'm sure the bias would be 100% the other way around.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Jameslofton wrote:

I wouldn't go as far as calling it propganada.  But yes the bias is there.   Just like on a Velvet Revolver forum, I'm sure the bias would be 100% the other way around.

I'm sure a pro Slash bias exists on VR forums, however I would be surprised to see a thread started by the VR forums admin dedicated to listing Axls inconsistensies and faults. I would expect an admin of a GNR or VR forum to understand that in the current situation a lot of people have strong loyalties to both Axl and Slash and deliberately picking apart one or the other is going to get a fairly hostile response whichever forum it's at. You can always tell how active GNR is by HTGTH's VR section if Jarmo's in there winding people up you know GNR must be pretty quiet.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Exactly...why does Jarmo think that a like of slash or VR somehow means you have a problem with Axl or GNR. Many of us like both. And if anything I feel like his attiude does Axl and the new band more harm than  good in terms of the rep it earns the band online and with fans.

monkeychow wrote:

Exactly...why does Jarmo think that a like of slash or VR somehow means you have a problem with Axl or GNR.

i don't think he thinks that way.  i can't speak for him, but I don't see him singling out people who like both.  He singles out guys who ONLY like Slash or VR and not the current GnR lineup.   Guys whose only comeback to anything negative about slash: "oh yea! well axl  (insert something negative and totally unrelated about Axl here) ....".

Board footer