You are not logged in. Please register or login.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

Re: Where is the Better Video..?

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Anywhooo moving on is'nt the topic WHERE IS THE BETTER VIDEO 14

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

@James Lofton
I was not reffering to THIS SITE been negative it was more directed at certain individuals who seem to me to be constantly negative. This is actually my fav guns site (obviously) wink So im sorry if you misunderstood me 22 .I just don't get the always grumpy thing. The way this band has been for so long, anything they give us is a plus.........oh and thats just my opinion lol. Like i said i rarely post im quite happy to just read all your opinions, its just slightly depressing hearing the same thing from the same people everytime i come here.

My statement was more a general comment. Wasn't accusing you specifically of labeling the place negative. I get this on several fronts from different people, even in PMs.

My point is people will hang out where there are Mt Everest sized piles of negativity, yet they'll tiptoe through the tulips there, but here they say, "hey, you're NEGATIVE!!!".

As far as "hearing the same thing" goes, people are set in their ways. Most of the people who post at these sites are long time forum members. Even when a new person shows up(here or at other sites), there is a 99.9% chance that they were a previously active member on one of the boards.

When the album was on the verge of release, I had said I looked forward to new blood flowing in just to see how they would react not just to GNR, but the community itself. Didn't happen here or at any of the sites. Its basically the same people at each site, and of course those like you that prefer to lurk instead of dive in to the discussion(used to be like that myself years ago).

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I think DJ Ashba announcement was a good thing
I think the Axl rose chats were a good thing
hell even the del james interview was a good thing
the rockband stuff was cool
the TSN.ca contest is cool
the idea of bandmates answering questions is cool (though it seems dead in the water)
the idea of a tour is cool (if it happens)
the idea of a 3rd single is cool (but it never dropped)
Alt artwork and releases are a neat idea but prolly destined to fail at this point

there is tons of good intentions i'm sure but gnr never seems to strike when the iron is even luke warm hmm

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

No prob and thanks for the reply. Maybe because im fairly new here and to forums in general (yes im a noob) im a bit nervous to post here when i don't have the knowledge all you guys have on the subjects. When all you guys have been following the saga for years i have just been a fan of the music all that time and do not know all the ins and outs of the saga.....but im learning slowly. simply put im sure there is negativity on all sites but i don't spend much time on the one other site i check out to see it. I really do like this site and the people here. Im rambling now so its off to the land of nod for me.

Peace.

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Paxcow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
Paxcow wrote:

here's the deal, axlin08; you talk too much. most of what you say is horseshit. someday you will learn that 95% of what you say is completely wrong. THAT is a fact!

Considering the fact, that everything I have stated about the album's release and GNR's activity has been proven correct by their own actions... umm it kind of is fact. The stuff about DJ is true too. He's an employee. Just cause i'm not licking his balls doesn't mean it's not true. And also remember, I was the same one with an OPEN MIND, and supported DJ's addition to the band, and wished him the best of luck, as well as praised his website over GNR's themselves.

As far as 95% of what I say being wrong... that may be true in the case of GNR's inner workings. But just because I might talk to Axl one day in depth (in theory), doesn't mean that Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steven, Matt, Gilby, etc. will all have different opinions.

Just because Axl has his side of things doesn't mean he's correct. Doesn't mean it's wrong. It doesn't mean anything. It just means he has an opinion like I have one. And this is coming from a recovering Axlite, to this day, still believes Axl's side of things 90% of the time.

But to sit back, and say i'm completely wrong about calling out Axl & GN'R on the BUSINESS side of things, and just acknowledge how FUCKING AWFUL the band has been run from top to bottom for nearly the last 20 years, is something i'm perfectly entitled to do, I am CORRECT, and frankly i'm stunned that anybody argues it. You have to be blind, and have knee pads on, not to see it how I do.

Granted, that's just another 'stank asshole opinion' of mine. I am a bit crazy seeing all this GN'R stuff as a clusterfuck, because it's been a ROUSING success story. roll

buzzsaw wrote:
Paxcow wrote:

here's the deal, axlin08; you talk too much. most of what you say is horseshit. someday you will learn that 95% of what you say is completely wrong. THAT is a fact!

If it's a FACT, prove it.  Otherwise shut your fake insider mouth until you can.

I couldn't agree more. Not to mention contributes NOTHING to discussion & debate, and never has. It's like having the Mysteron of mashed potatoes, and no gravy. 22

russtcb wrote:

I think one thing to remember in all of this is that buzz has always maintained that he didn't want to be right about this stuff. I remember before the album came out that he and I used to argue about it constantly. He'd tell me that he didn't think anything big was going to happen after release and I ofcourse thought he was wrong. The thing is, I'd do the same thing folks are doing now "HEY! You're not a real GNR fan!" "Why do you even come here if you don't want them to succeed!" etc, blah blah blah. Every time buzz would tell me that it was just his opinion and he'd love for GNR to be successful but that he just didn't see it happening.

Well here we are and he's been proven right. Furthermore, what's important to me is what he's not doing. He's not gloating and posting in threads saying "I told you so" or coming down on people who thought otherwise like myself. So a couple of people are admitting in public that they feel he was/is right and he's getting ridiculed for it??? Someone help me understand that.

I want GNR to tour, be successful, put more music out, etc. But the fact is that for whatever reason; they're not. Who's fault is that? Are you mad a buzz for predicting it? And if so, how and why? For fucks sake. Has anyone hear ever heard the term "Don't kill the messenger"??? I'm certainly not happy that buzz was/is right but I'm sure as fuck not angry at him about it! I'm angry at everyone from Axl on down for this ridiculous excuse of a release.

Exactly. I never once saw Buzz say I told 'ya so, and I myself have gloated about being right myself, because I can be egotistical. And Buzz DIDN'T do it, and the damn guy had the baseball sitting on a tee, of opportunity, to turn around and do it, and smash our faces in it, and he didn't. I'm just turning around, like an honest person would, and admit that everything I bashed Buzz for, gave him 'negative' karma for, I am admitting like a man, that he was RIGHT. He called it right, I called it wrong, and sadly it was because I had faith in Axl, that it would be done right, and it wasn't. It wasn't. Plain and simple. I don't hate Axl, nor to I hate Buzz, I like them both, but i'm just admitting that Axl struck out at the plate, and Buzz got a double, and an RBI. THAT DAY.

Doesn't mean either of them will forever be on a hot and/or cold streak forever. Axl is not always wrong, and Buzz is not always right, and vice versa for me too, or you, or anyone else who contributes here. I felt I owed Buzz that much, because I really took it to him back in the fall. I felt I was doing the right thing, and even still Buzz has not been an asshole about it, he's almost acted sympathetic to it, because he knows that the only reason I, or anyone else, defended Axl and Guns like that, is out of love, NOT HATE. Not negativity, but POSITIVITY.

At times reading this thread, i've lost a little respect for some of the people here, not because of the negativity, but some of the people that have BLATANTLY come across in this thread BUTTSORE that BUZZ WAS RIGHT, and are now attacking him for it.

We'll if you want to attack someone for how you feel, take a little look to the to the top of the page. Blame that mother fucker... don't blame Buzzsaw because he saw the ravine ahead, and an unfinished train track. Blame the person that didn't complete the fuckin' bridge.

you are still wrong. go ahead and live in a fantasy world thinking you know your shit. you don't! some of what you said didn't even make any sense. you don't know anything. most of you don't. actually......none of you know anything! you all talk out your asses! and i don't have to tell any of you anything either, and i never would. it's not my business to tell. but one day, you'll all see how wrong you are. THAT IS A FACT!!!!!

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

LOL - not likely.  But it's good to have dreams...good luck with that.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Paxcow wrote:

you don't know anything. most of you don't. actually......none of you know anything! you all talk out your asses!

This is where I draw the line. People take time out of their day to post here and interact with this community. Some post here on their way to work, at work, at home, or after fucking their girlfriend/wife when they could just as easily stay in bed. No one(whether you like them or not) needs to hear that they  "don't know anything" or "talk out of their asses". This is a discussion board where people.....

drum roll please.....

Discuss. Varying opinions are discussed. Some you might agree with, and some you obviously don't agree with. That doesn't mean you need to talk down to people here just because you don't agree.

i don't have to tell any of you anything either

Good, and I hope that you don't, and I also hope you quit bringing it up. I've had enough mysterons and Latigo Hammers to last me the rest of my life, and would prefer to interact with you on here as a normal person instead of someone who supposedly has super secret info that cant be told. I don't care if you have a second disc's worth of songs we haven't heard yet. If you're not willing to share, quit mentioning it. All you do by bringing up that garbage is drawing attention to yourself and continuing these petty arguments which are currently going on in at least two threads.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Just to prove a point about different perceptions (which has been mentioned), and possibly equally as accurate...

Neemo wrote:

I think DJ Ashba announcement was a good thing

I think it was a good thing in the aspect that GN'R are attempting to move forward, I guess. But at the same time, I thought, by no fault of DJ, how his announcement continued the ridiculousness of the band. Robin has got a decade of seniority, and he doesn't even make it to tour to support the album he helped create.

I'm not even that big of a fan of Robin, but DJ's announcement was like trying to gloss over the gorilla sitting in the middle of the room.

Neemo wrote:

I think the Axl rose chats were a good thing

Like you commented, striking while the iron was hot. The chats were a great thing when they happened, and I continued praise of Axl for doing it, without compromising what I had said in the past. I didn't suddenly start softballing it, because Axl was lurking. Fuck that. Be honest, or go home.

The chats should've been done years ago, and if he had done it years ago, not even talking about CD, he would've 'vented' the Slash pressure cooker, instead of letting it explode. People would've come to be more personal with him, knew his side of things, and it makes me giddy to think what internet fanbase would've been like with that kind of interaction... when EVERYONE ELSE DOES IT.

I thought it was great he was doing it, but at the same time it was painfully obvious he was 'smooting over' a disgrunted fanbase, and the 'disappearing act' after the chats, and the claims made (Better video) afterwards, simply came across in hindsight, as another "Release date, blame Merck" public relations nightmare, because he punked out of releasing the album. This time, he was refusing to do press. Yeah I really believe Universal just wanted the album to flop. They just love losing money. Not buying, haven't bought it for a second.

Neemo wrote:

hell even the del james interview was a good thing

A good thing in the sense of just hearing what's in his mind. A bad thing in it being another Slash-centric, softballed interview, from his hanger on road manager, instead of doing a real interview, and talking about his album and it's production.

Neemo wrote:

the rockband stuff was cool

Now that was pretty fuckin' cool, I agree.

Neemo wrote:

the TSN.ca contest is cool

Yeah, for Canadians I guess. But it lends into the more bizarre element of this band. We do concert contests in Canada? Still a little on the weird side, and NO acknowledgement from Guns as to it's legitmacy. Kind of weird to win a concert trip for shows that haven't been announced, or even planned (to our knowledge, but according to multiple band members, they were reviewing offers, but nothing was slated).

Neemo wrote:

the idea of bandmates answering questions is cool (though it seems dead in the water)

The idea is cool, but it's just an idea. It's really a mixed bag. Tommy and Chris are a wealth of info and just as it seems they are ready to divulge the good stuff, we get questions about amp's & board's? Axl spends all his time talking about Slash, and Ron doesn't really know anything, or doesn't have anything to say. His interviews went from cool, to horrible since 2006. Then again, he just might not know much, considering the album was done 3 times over, by the time he was brought on board.

Neemo wrote:

the idea of a tour is cool (if it happens)

The idea of a tour is always cool. Short of Journey & Steve Perry, what other band sits back and waits 6 months-to-a-year to promote their album? If this new Guns thing is going to work, Axl has to do it old school, and be out on the road. They aren't fucking Genesis, they can't just cut back and show up and talk tour when they feel like it, like they can pull 100,000 audience members out there.

His new band, it's concept, and his album never gets off the ground, because he never does.

Neemo wrote:

the idea of a 3rd single is cool (but it never dropped)

That's cause the album is as dead as those Somalian pirates.

Neemo wrote:

Alt artwork and releases are a neat idea but prolly destined to fail at this point

...and why is that Mr. Neemo?

Because alternate artwork will not save a BOMB. Artistically it's a fabulous album. Commercially it's a damn turd.

Neemo wrote:

there is tons of good intentions i'm sure but gnr never seems to strike when the iron is even luke warm hmm

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

The reason I responded to all those little things, is it shows how some people view those little things. The majority of that, besides Rock Band is negative. Now those EXACT same statements could be taken by someone like Atari, or someone positive, and they could see them all different.

I guess it depends on the glasses you're wearing. But I don't think stating facts, is being negative, simply because we're calling a spade a spade, and not taking another hit off the GN'R bong.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

^ Good post Axlino8....

I think the problem is a lot of us, on both sides of this discussion, are clamining what it really our opinion as fact.

Actually very little of our posts are fact. It is a fact that Axl did the chats. But after that is where the opinion kicks in:

One poster might enjoy that Axl has broken his silence and consider that a positive, another might dislike the talk about slash and consider it a negative.

It is a (rumoured) fact that Axl turned down $150m for the runion. The Fact ends and opinion begins:

One person sees that as a sign of his integrity that he wont change for money, another a sign of 'brat' type behaviour that he can't just move on.

We can do it all day.

The album is released. Fact. Some people see the lack of marketing as a squandered chance and feel the record did not meet their expectations from GNR. Others look at the figures and think that #14 worldwide even with no promo, and outselling other acts, is a good thing despite whatever else.

Now the point of this site is to read the opinions of people. But where we get into conflicts is when people, of both sides,  take the part of their posts that is an opinion and start saying it's a fact. Or that someone else is right or wrong about it because of the facts. Because it's not a fact they are refering to most of the time.

we all just need to chill and remember theres a lot of ways to look at any occurance.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

If you want to be technical, someone claiming to be Axl did the chats.  Nobody knows 100% without a doubt that it was him.  Almost everything is an opinion, but when it's an opinion shared by 99.9% of the earth's population, it becomes accepted as fact.  So by your definition, you are correct.  I just choose to accept the obvious opinion as fact, as do most people.  Usually it's the people grasping for straws that don't.

Board footer