You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Angel Down Selling Out

Neemo wrote:

I dunno DTJ...i'm thinking along the lines of James and Buzzsaw here,

prolly only a handful of copies were sent to each store....and its selling cuz Axl is on it, if you dont have it yet ya might wanna wait until the new year and check bargain bins like buzzsaw suggested

You probably are right, I went to F.Y.E and I asked how many copies they received and they said not alot and after I bought my copy they only had 3 left. 

Problem now is, I got the damn CLEAN version 17 17 I didn't even look on the label.

So now I have to go back and get the Explicit version, they shouldn't even make a clean version and have a warning label like the old days 4

who wants the clean version sad   back when they didn't have clean versions my mom wouldn't let me listen to GnR.  I had to hide my cassettes lol.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:
Neemo wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

but Baz has other friends as well, right?

I dunno maybe he doesnt 16

Kidding, I'm kidding 19

Savage Animaaaaall! 16

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Backslash wrote:
Neemo wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

but Baz has other friends as well, right?

I dunno maybe he doesnt 16

Kidding, I'm kidding 19

Savage Animaaaaall! 16

That was the best saying ever to come out of Supergroup.   14 9

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Well I was able to get one at FYE yesterday night. Haven't listened to it yet.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

James, I said this would happen in one of the 18 other threads on Angel Down...

Yeah, its getting a bit out of hand. Not trying to blame anybody, as its Baz mania at all GNR forums.

From this point on, lets keep all Baz talk contained to this one thread and let the others drop down. Its better for all involved and discussion can flourish more if we stick to using one thread for it.

Alot of great points in this thread. If pressing few copies wasn't intentional, it was a mistake. I agree with the points he had no way of gauging the GNR fanbase reaction, as we are a notorious downloading bunch.  The album definitely got enough promo for their to be more than 1 to 5 copies in select stores though. You gotta strike while the iron is hot, and next week that iron will be as cold as a witch's tit. They better be sending out copies ASAP. Its better to have too many in stores than too few.

I feel sorry for those getting a clean version of the album. I hate that shit. Happened to me when I bought that 2 cd set Garage Days Metallica released in 98.

Abbey_Road
 Rep: 16 

Abbey_Road wrote:

I went to my local Best Buy and they diddn't have it.  I then went across the street to Circuit City and they had 2 copies.  I bought one.

I have to say though, that if Axl wasn' t on this record, I would not have bought it.  It is okay but it's not grand or anything.

A lot of the songs are just to 80s to me. 

And I only paid $12.99 for it too, which is very reasonable but the packaging was cheaply done in my opinion but if that keeps the cost down, then cool.

I am curious if Bach goes on tour and does Stuck Inside, I wonder who he will get to sing Axl's parts because again, if Axl wasn't on this record, I wouldn't even have picked it up.

I went back to FYE and they exchanged the clean version I had to for the explicit version.

Okay now, this album played on a great stereo system is kick ass 5 3

It's straight up rock n roll, with guitars in your face and what I describe as mean and muddy which I happen to love and Baz singing is on point amazing.   The songs with Axl were giving me chills because hearing him scream and sing was fucking awesome!!!!  Finally on a good quality studio track WOW!!!   

Some songs that stood out to me were You Don't Understand, ofcourse all the Axl songs, American Metalhead, By Your Side [great ballad], Our Love is Lie [excellent in your face guitars love it!!!] and Take You Down with Me [awesome].   That's all I got up to in my car there are 3 more songs I have yet to listen to.

This is the type of rock n roll that I love and regardless whether people say it sounds dated, I think this album is Badass rock music and with Baz and Axl screaming and singing their hearts out.

Sky Dog wrote:

that was kind of a sexy post.:haha: fly your flag high!:mosh:

Board footer