You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: How much Buckethead material do you have?

James wrote:

Just curious how much of his extremely massive discography his fans here own. Doesn't matter whether you bought it or just downloaded it. Be honest. This isn't a Bucket forum where we're gonna lynch you if you downloaded some obscure record.

Started this thread because I finally broke down and decided to download a decent chunk of his discography I hadn't heard yet. I've always supported him, and have also towed the party line of not downloading anything since that has always seemed to be the stance of his hardcore fanbase. Last night I decided how insane that was considering I'll only live once and why not dive into a bunch of albums I've never heard, and also the fact most of the people who claim to be anti download have probably downloaded more of his material than I ever will. So I found a decent torrent that had a nice chunk of his discog, and went ahead and dove in.

Bucket albums I already owned(purchased):

Colma
Electric Tears
Population Override
Acoustic Shards
Praxis- Transmutation

Albums I had previously heard but either deleted or lost on old comp:

Monsters and Robots
Crime Slunk Scene
Elephant Man's Alarm Clock
Buckethead and Friends
Bucketheadland
Giant Robot NTT(I need to DL this again. its great)
Giant Robot

Last night's treasure:

Bermuda Triangle
Blueprints
Buckethead and Friends
Bucketheadland
Bucketheadland vol. 2
Cobra Strike- 13th Scroll
Cobra Strike II- yy+bx+y
Condensed Chicken Noodles
Crime Slunk Scene
Cuckoo Clocks of Hell
Decoding the Tomb of Bansheebot
Deli Creeps- Dawn of the Deli Creeps
Giant Robot
Gorgone
Island of Lost Minds
Kaleidoscalp
KFC Skinpiles
Monsters and Robots
Somewhere Over the Slaughterhouse
Thanatopsis- Anatomize

I also recently downloaded his newest album(A Real Diamond in the Rough), which I plan on buying. His best record since Electric Tears.

If any of the albums above blow me away, I will support him and buy those albums eventually. However, the days of me not listening because I don't have a spare $20 to blow are over.

Listening to KFC Skinpiles right now. This should have been a free download on his site. Its mainly just some music played between a ton of samples, although I do love when he uses TCM samples.

James

James wrote:

Enter Tomorrow from Condensed Chicken Noodles is amazing. Cant believe I deprived myself for years from hearing this.

His immense talent was squandered in GNR. I'm starting to wonder if Axl even heard very much of his material when recruiting him.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

guitar hero 2 (Jordan)

colonel claypool's bucket of bernie brains - giant eyeball in the sky

thats it hmm

James

James wrote:
Neemo wrote:

guitar hero 2 (Jordan)

colonel claypool's bucket of bernie brains - giant eyeball in the sky

thats it hmm

Then you need to dive in big time. I used to have  Bernie Brains  as well. Forgot to add it to my list.

Giant Robot
Colma
Monster and Robots
Bermuda Triangle
Electric Tears
Population Override
The Cuckoo Clocks of Hell

That's pretty much what I own in physical and digital copies. The "essentials".

I've heard more in a non-supportive way but I intend to change that completely.

James

James wrote:
Handsome B. Wonderful wrote:

I've heard more in a non-supportive way but I intend to change that completely.

Then list it. This isn't a lynch party. Everyone put their cards on the table.

By the way, if you haven't heard Condensed Chicken Noodles, you should acquire that one next.

Well, it's more down to certain songs rather than actual albums after that to be honest.

So I didn't see a reason to list anymore than I did.

I also own the Secret Recipe DVD. That's a must have.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Colma
Electric Tears
Monsters and Robots
Crime Slunk Scene
Buckethead and Friends
Bucketheadland
Giant Robot

i had downloaded and listened to most of these as well once upon a time, but i dont have any of them anymore

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I totally agree with you on Axl squandaring or not recognizing the talent he had on his hands. Bucket & Izzy are the most talented musicians to ever be associated with Guns imo.

As for Bucket, i've got pretty much his entire catalog, with the exception of the Viggo Mortensen and maybe Travis Dickerson stuff, i'd have to look. I've got the solo stuff, plus almost all of the side stuff, and naturally his work with Guns N' Roses, several live performances.

Like James, I plan on buying the ones I really like (like this newest one, Real Diamond In The Rough, which was great). But just because I don't have the money, doesn't mean I don't listen.

Some of my faves:

Bucketheadland
Giant Robot
Giant Robot NTT
Colma
Bermuda Triangle
Electric Tears (my favorite)
Population Override
Enter The Chicken
Crime Slunk Scene
Acoustic Shards
Decoding The Tomb of the Bansheebot
Albino Slug
In Search Of (probably a 2 or 3-disc compliation would really encompass the absolute best from this set)
A Real Diamond In The Rough

I do have some of his non-solo stuff, but I haven't dove into it much other than Praxis & the Bootsy stuff, and of course GN'R.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I've been meaning to get some for a while, I prefer physical copies over downloads though. I'd have to get them on import, its roughly about £20 per album.
Theres definently a few I'm dying to get hold of, but I'm gonna have to hold off for a while yet and the finance situation is a little brighter.

Board footer