You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: How much Buckethead material do you have?

Neemo wrote:

I have to say, this thread made me seek out some stuff i used to have...i listened to Electric Tears on my iPod yesterday and today and i was extremely underwelmed, its jst alot of repetive guitar lines over and over, i seemed to be much more impressed a couple years ago when i first heard it..is there anything to recommend that is a heavier type of style?

Giant Robot is next on my list to listen to

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

I have to say, this thread made me seek out some stuff i used to have...i listened to Electric Tears on my iPod yesterday and today and i was extremely underwelmed, its jst alot of repetive guitar lines over and over, i seemed to be much more impressed a couple years ago when i first heard it..is there anything to recommend that is a heavier type of style?

Giant Robot is next on my list to listen to

Neemo the thing you have to realize about Electric Tears is that it's an album to relax to.

I would recommend Pepper's Ghost if you don't have it, or it's been awhile. My favorite Bucket cd so far.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Elephant Man's Alarm Clock
Crime Slunk Scene

Probably two of the rock albums to get. If you don't like those, you won't like any Bucket.

If you're looking for straight up metal, Cuckoo Clocks of Hell.

Bluesy, Salsh Vocalise-style stuff: Population Override.

Giant Robot has a mix of all his stuff. Let us know what you like on there and we can point you in the right direction.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Bri's right on those selections. When I go for 'rock', I typically hit Bucketheadland & both Giant Robot's. Although all of those can be a bit experimental for some people, and not straightforward.

bucketfan
 Rep: 30 

bucketfan wrote:

For the 'rock' genre I'd also check out 'decoding the tomb of bansheebot'.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

Yes to that one above too. Maybe even Monsters and Robots. It's actually got a few riffs and flourishes that remind me of GNR.

That was released in 98 or 99 and for some reason, in my head that's what Axl heard that convinced him Bucket was the right guy for the job.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

i dunno

giant robot

Welcome to buckethead land
I come in peace
I want some slaw
starwars

first 3 tracks on CSS

gonna check out mosters and robots now

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

didnt really care for monsters and robots....imean there are a couple cool riffs here and there mabe a couple decent solos but too weird...and the acoustic track is jsut disturbing 18

elephant mans alarm clock next

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

If you don't like EMAC Neemo, I'll save you some time: Just stop there. Unless you're gonna give some more mellow stuff a try with Population Override.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

yeah maybe 2 tracks i liked on EMAC ... well you cant say i didnt try 16

there is no denying his ability as a tremendous guitar player, virtuoso type, but i'd classofy him more like Yngwie or somethign, hes amazing but i cant get into it, there is just somethign missing, something for me that makes the albums drag on. maybe he needs to get a decent vocalist? (not claypool tongue ) or maybe like james said, take more time and refine an album instead of just fucking around for 3-5 minutes on a riff you think is cool at that particular moment

Board footer