You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: Tales Of The Bumblefoot : An Exclusive Interview With Ron Thal

Olorin wrote:

If it wasnt for the internet he would not  be so cautious, they dont say anything cause of the way its thrown back at them. If Axl was your friend and you read the shit thrown back in his face on the forums, dont you think you would keep your cards close to your chest to save the fucking hassle if things dont work out the way you hope?

It can still be a band, even though there is the obvious leader and main man in the band. Last I checked there was more people than Axl Rose who made Chinese Democracy - Shacklers, Riad, Sorry and Scraped for example are not exactly bread and butter for Axl, if it wasnt for the other guys those songs wouldnt exist.

Its up to the interviewer how these things pan out as well, Brain and Tommy managed to give great interviews that were full of cool information for the fans.
Why was that? Because the interviewers listened to the album and asked them about the songs and the making of them. Thats what I'm interested in, and I want to know more about the songs and how they came together. A tour will happen when it fucking happens, do you honestly think Bumblefoot is going to announce a tour in some random interview or go into details about previous plans that collasped??

Turn off your computers and go outside, get some fresh air and find a hobby. The more time I spend away from the internet and actually live my life, the more I enjoy the album and it becomes all about the music. Fuck all this shit talk and gossip. "CD is toast" " "The band is dead in the water" "Axls only chance in the world is to reunite"

ZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZz..........

I'm enjoying the hell out the new album and looking forward to hearing some of the songs live, surely noone is going to call me insane for having that hope???

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

How much would be be worried about something to look forward to if you wernt on the forums every day?

I met my friend the other day for the first time in over a year, he is a big rock fan and GN'R fan. But he doesnt have the internet and wouldnt know how to turn on a computer, nor does he care.

He said "oh by the way, that new Guns N'Roses album is fucking amazing, I wish it had a few heavier songs but its still shit hot. Are they going to tour?"

I said, "I dunno, I know there is no tour dates announced yet or anything..."

He says " Well when they do, we're fucking goin!!"

And that was that, no bitching about the injustice of it all, just a shrug of the shoulders and on to the next topic of conversation.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
faldor wrote:

Well according to Marc Strigl, one of the Talking Metal guys.  He says not to expect anything from GNR until 2010, and as far as I know he's friends with Ron.  I think the summer had all but been ruled out, but there was still a chance for the fall.  I don't know exactly what Strigl knows, if anything.  He could be just speculating like the rest of us.

As a fan I could find this to be bad news and be discouraged.  HOWEVER I don't know why but reading this made me laugh.  2010.  Is anybody truly really surprised at this?  And will anyone really be disappointed or surprised if nothing happens in 2010?  I mean why tour CD?  They have toured several times before it was released.  So logic tells me if Axl decides to tour with his hired band (Ron can say what he wants but truth is they are hired guns) that it will be for another new album.  And Axl's logic (If such a thing exists) tells me that if Axl tours behind another new album that we won't see that said album for another at least 5 years.  Now some will blast me on this but before doing so please rewind your memories and see the pattern here.  Will it be pathetic?  Oh hell yeah!  Will people still believe in Axl and think he has some huge masterplan?  Yep!  Will I be one of those who falls in the trap?  Nope!  But I will follow the saga just to have a good laugh.

As I sort of suspected, Marc posted over at HTGTH that the post on his blog wasn't supposed to be taken seriously as official information.  He was just venting, like all of us do from time to time.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Olorin wrote:

How much would be be worried about something to look forward to if you wernt on the forums every day?

I met my friend the other day for the first time in over a year, he is a big rock fan and GN'R fan. But he doesnt have the internet and wouldnt know how to turn on a computer, nor does he care.

He said "oh by the way, that new Guns N'Roses album is fucking amazing, I wish it had a few heavier songs but its still shit hot. Are they going to tour?"

And that was that, no bitching about the injustice of it all, just a shrug of the shoulders and on to the next topic of conversation.

Obviously people not on the forums don't give a shit. They're not hardcore fans of this band, although it is funny you know a non forum junkie that listens to the album. I don't know anybody that listens to this, and the few times after the release I tested this out in a party atmosphere, I was always asked to play something else, usually by a woman.

I could round up a group of people who like the old band and might go to a show, and in the case of my drug dealer, I could round up a bunch of gang bangers who listened to the demos. Still couldn't round up anyone who owns this album or cares about the current line up.

Interesting that your last few posts in this thread are ranting against the types of people who actually listen to this record.

I can turn off my computer right now, walk outside the door and breathe some "fresh air", but it still doesn't change the fact Joe and Jill Public don't give a flying fuck about any of this and the people who do care post on these boards.

Oh, and I don't think anyone is "worried". People just like discussing this stuff on these communities. I sure as hell aint worried. I'm more interested in the free song M.I.A, is leaking in a few days than I am any GNR non news, but that doesn't mean I cant post about this shit.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

James pretty much said it.

Olorin, I see your point, and not you specifically, but I see alot of these fans with that same argument, that are confusing "it's all about the music" with "stick my head in the sand, and still pretend like GN'R are still going to come back and rule the world after three failed attempts (2002, 2006, 2008)".

If you're burnt out on these discussions, frankly I don't blame you, but "dark, the future is" to pardon a Yoda-ism.

In the world of GN'R, no news = bad news, always has, and right now there's absolutely no news, and a failed album. Fans are naturally curious about what the next move is, and the reunion people only are on a reunion, because it's the only salvation for GN'R that they see, the one they knew. Personally I think the most likely move is Axl's gonna go dark for awhile, again, and come back with a new album and a new lineup of GN'R somewhere down the road, and try it all over again.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Great points Olorin.  I think people read too much into things.  And that's fine.  Regardless of who loves the album, wants a reunion, whatever the case may be.  We're all enormous fans and want to be in the know and when information doesn't come our way the speculation runs wild.  I know many people here say and believe that it is Axl and a bunch of hired guns.  I also know a lot of people outside the GNR universe feel that way.  But I don't think the so called "hired guns" feel that way.  They feel they are a band and do their best to give that impression.  It's hard when so many people are trying to tell you that's not the case.  Just like all the expectations Axl has from keeping the GNR name, these guys get for being replacements.  Ron, and the others, desperately want to get out there and make a name for themselves.

And unfortunately, for one reason or a hundred, we HAVE gotten information in the past and it hasn't come to fruition.  I'm sure Axl didn't write his open letter to the fans with the intention of disappointing everyone and not making good on any of it.  I'm sure over the years when every year a band member was saying how the album was going to come out they weren't pulling our leg.  Or when they say we hope to tour, it's not because they're being kept in the dark and have no idea.  It's quite possible they know what's going on but they don't want to say what the "plan" is for fear that the "plan" won't go through and then they'll get the backlash from the fanbase.  We overanalyze everything to the 10th degree.  We're passionate fans, and when things are going good we'll be extremely supportive.  But when the going gets tough, we'll be the first ones to voice our displeasure in every which way.  And I know the bad times have severely outweighed the good times over the years, but we can't change that. 

In the end we're going to continue to speculate because that's what we've become best at over the years, and that's what message boards are for.  Hopefully there'll be far more rejoicing in the future, I just wish we could stop reading TOO far into things.  At least look at things from both sides.  I know that's an impossible task for some, but it's really not that hard to do.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Interesting that your last few posts in this thread are ranting against the types of people who actually listen to this record.

One type I suppose, and why is it interesting?

James Lofton wrote:

I can turn off my computer right now, walk outside the door and breathe some "fresh air", but it still doesn't change the fact Joe and Jill Public don't give a flying fuck about any of this and the people who do care post on these boards.

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=6525

I've already asked you all about this,  and for all the music in the world and all the music in your collections nobody really posts elsewhere. I know there is many a band in my collection that I care about, buy the albums and keep a heads up for tour dates - but thats as far as it goes. I dont follow the forums, nor do I care much for anything really other than the albums and tours. Thats relevant for all you guys and it goes for the majority of people who bought the album, they dont come near the forums. So to say the only people who care about the album post on these boards is BS.

James Lofton wrote:

Oh, and I don't think anyone is "worried". People just like discussing this stuff on these communities. I sure as hell aint worried. I'm more interested in the free song M.I.A, is leaking in a few days than I am any GNR non news, but that doesn't mean I cant post about this shit.

"Worried" was directed at Russ, not that he said he was worried -

"And while I do not think the band "owes" me anything, I sure would like to know if I've got anything to look forward to."

I was just giving an example of Joe Public who loves the album, but doesnt have any real lingering thoughts about whats next, I just think thats probably the right way. I know its the way I treat all the other bands I like.

And of course you can post about all this, I'll be here to ponder it and chime in -  plus bitch and bash when its called for  22
But the doom and gloom has reached theatrical levels at times lately and I sometimes find myself swept up in it, usually when I'm depressed and dont have much to do. But when I'm happy and living an active lifestyle, I just find I dont have much time or interest to pick the bones and over analyse everything. My interest in GN'R becomes nearly all about the music and my main concern is what cd to throw on a turn up loud.
I know everyone isnt like me, but I do feel some people, who I sometimes imagine  beating the ground in dispair and howling about the injustice and cruelty GN'R fans suffer at the hands their beloved band -would benefit greatly from logging off and finding something better to do smile

Olorin

Olorin wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

James pretty much said it.

Olorin, I see your point, and not you specifically, but I see alot of these fans with that same argument, that are confusing "it's all about the music" with "stick my head in the sand, and still pretend like GN'R are still going to come back and rule the world after three failed attempts (2002, 2006, 2008)".

If you're burnt out on these discussions, frankly I don't blame you, but "dark, the future is" to pardon a Yoda-ism.

In the world of GN'R, no news = bad news, always has, and right now there's absolutely no news, and a failed album. Fans are naturally curious about what the next move is, and the reunion people only are on a reunion, because it's the only salvation for GN'R that they see, the one they knew. Personally I think the most likely move is Axl's gonna go dark for awhile, again, and come back with a new album and a new lineup of GN'R somewhere down the road, and try it all over again.

Well my blind optimism tells me the next installment of this "double" album wont be far away and Axl's "same bat time, same bat channel" comment is still relevant. I just think he is talking it down to protect it from the burden of expectation that cursed CD.
I honestly think his comment about promotional things being intentionally planned for later on down the line was true, I think it has been a smart move to just let this "$15 million, 15 years in the making" sensationalism die down and bring some much needed ordinariness to the album. I'm hearing more comments on the radio and reading in blogs online that "chinese democracy is actually not that bad" or words to that effect. I think its becoming less cool to hate on it and its its been brought back down to earth that its just another album. I think thats a much healthier environment to start making your moves in.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:
faldor wrote:

Great points Olorin.  I think people read too much into things.  And that's fine.  Regardless of who loves the album, wants a reunion, whatever the case may be.  We're all enormous fans and want to be in the know and when information doesn't come our way the speculation runs wild.  I know many people here say and believe that it is Axl and a bunch of hired guns.  I also know a lot of people outside the GNR universe feel that way.  But I don't think the so called "hired guns" feel that way.  They feel they are a band and do their best to give that impression.  It's hard when so many people are trying to tell you that's not the case.  Just like all the expectations Axl has from keeping the GNR name, these guys get for being replacements.  Ron, and the others, desperately want to get out there and make a name for themselves.

And unfortunately, for one reason or a hundred, we HAVE gotten information in the past and it hasn't come to fruition.  I'm sure Axl didn't write his open letter to the fans with the intention of dissappointing everyone and not making good on any of it.  I'm sure over the years when every year a band member was saying how the album was going to come out they weren't pulling our leg.  Or when they say we hope to tour, it's not because they're being kept in the dark and have no idea.  It's quite possible they know what's going on but they don't want to say what the "plan" is for fear that the "plan" won't go through and then they'll get the backlash from the fanbase.  We overanalyze everything to the 10th degree.  We're passionate fans, and when things are going good we'll be extremely supportive.  But when the going gets tough, we'll be the first ones to voice our displeasure in every which way.  And I know the bad times have severely outweighed the good times over the years, but we can't change that. 

In the end we're going to continue to speculate because that's what we've become best at over the years, and that's what message boards are for.  Hopefully there'll be far more rejoicing in the future, I just wish we could stop reading TOO far into things.  At least look at things from both sides.  I know that's an impossible task for some, but it's really not that hard to do.

I'm as aware as anyone that GN'Rs history in the last 10 years has given rise to the cynicism that is found on the forums, and rightly so. They have absolutely shat on the fanbase many, many  times.

But post CD, some good things have happened in the last 6 months and I think some people are being a bit premature with writing off the possibilities that more good things will happen this year. If in another 6 months there is still a wall of silence, then I'll believe that things have gone absolutely tits up and GN'R fans can probably just forget about any hopes they have.

Board footer