You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: Do you post on other music forums?

Olorin wrote:

Outside of Guns N'Roses forums, do you post on any other band, solo artist or general music forums?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

No other musicians outside the GNR realm really, occassionally check out Westerbergs forum but dont post. Frequently post on coding/web related forums, and lately been reading a few Stephen King forums too smile

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

So thats no, but you forgot to vote Russ, your jepordizing the validity of my scientific research.

I occasionally post on a couple of other forums, but they are not music forums, its fitness and Tolkien.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

I do every now and then but that's pretty rare.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

I'm just curious because there are other bands I love but never take an inkling to go and join the forums or even read them.

For example, I got the new Isis album the other day and I think its great, not as great as their previous album but still has a couple of songs that are amongst their best. I have all their albums and play them quite often, I played the last one to death.
But I dont really know much about them at all, they could walk past me in the street and I wouldnt recognise them. I pretty much just check out their website occasionally looking for tour dates, any videos or cool media and weirdly enough, news on new albums. (Its funny how many bands release albums quite regularly and even keep you posted on the progress.)
Ultimately all I care about is the music and perhaps getting a chance to see them live, I just have no urge at all to check out fan forums never mind post on them.

I'm curious to see how many other music forums the, ever so slightly opinionated, members here visit and post on.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I've never posted on another music, band or artist board. Ever.

I do however post every so often on other boards associated with movies or TV shows.

AtariLegend wrote:

Have accounts, for searching references only at the official "Nine Inch Nails" site, "Velvet Revolver" and a few movie streaming sites.

I only actually post at "MYGNR", "HTGTH" and here.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Viewed VR's official site (or a fan forum for it). That's about it. Used to belong to the H & registered for Mygnr, don't think I posted though. Posted about 3 times at a Metallica board a couple years ago after leaving the H. Didn't like the people there or the attitudes, myb I didn't give it enough of a chance.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I post at NIN's big fan board, Echoing the Sound. I won't say it's a good forum but it's the right size - you can keep up with all the comments made in the movies or Other Music section, while still having a real conversation about a lot of topics.

I read a fair amount of mouthoftheocean, a board for mike patton stuff, but I only post on occasion.

Board footer