You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: Chinese Democracy (Guitar Tab Book)

Olorin wrote:

I dont really like the Prostitute one, I think the Sorry one looks kinda cool though.
If this is legit its odd that its just coming out now, if someone has had this for months you would think it would have found its way onto the net way before now.
I'm not too bothered about bonus material, a version that someone has proof read will do me. I do like that red hand cover, I wish they would use more of that artists work.

I notice the folder say's "GNR 2010"

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
Olorin wrote:

I do like that red hand cover, I wish they would use more of that artists work.

More of his work can be seen here - all along the same lines as the Chi Dem artwork with those red men.

The originals are on exhibition according to this page of his site.

original?id=4160

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

pretty elaborate fake if it is

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Personally i'm hanging to see the TAB for the shackler's solo...that's going to be some crazy shit!

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

That cover could have easily been faked. The pic is from ebay.

Only interesting thing in this current mess is that new artwork on the liner notes. If its legit, it means there is a rerelease floating around out there, or there will be soon.

Also, if nothing but changed artwork is in the can, it means the album is dead. No way in hell can they pull off a triple dip. If bonus content was ever coming, it was coming in the rerelease.

James I'm not convinced that Axl and the band a) believe that or b) really care.  I doubt there is any bonus material we're gonna get IF there is a re-release.  I'm not even convinced there'd be any promo, interviews, appearances, etc. with a re-release.  I mean Axl did say things were planned for down the road intentionally.  Maybe that was the plan at one time.  I just think it's clear that there are some major problems between Axl/the band and the record company.  I'm not so sure any of that has cleared up since the album's release.  I don't know exactly how the business is run, but I would assume the cost of the promo would be shared between the band and the record company?  It doesn't appear Universal wants to shell out any more money and I doubt Axl would shell out his own cash to fit the bill.  Unless things have gotten drastically better over the last couple months I don't see how much things will change, with or without a re-release.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
strat0 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I'm going to say it isn't correct.  If he's playing Robin's, he's probably playing it too well and if it's BH's...well...if he's playing it 100% right, your band better make it somewhere.  Soon.

Actually the way TWAT is tabbed out Bucket's isn't all that hard. just a bit fast in places. And We're still trying to find a way to replicate the killswitch sound without butchering his guitar : /

The part he is having the most trouble with is the part around 5:56
and the crazyness at the very end

I don't know much about either BH or Robin's guitars, but it always looked to me like (at least on some of them) they had replaced the normal kill switch with a button of some sort. I think that's how BH does those so fast and often but I could be wrong.

yeah. Bucket has a "kill button" instead of a kill switch. Does the same exact thing-kills the signal from the guitar.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
faldor wrote:

James I'm not convinced that Axl and the band a) believe that or b) really care.

At this point, it doesn't really matter whether or not they believe or care. The market is already drowning in a million copies of this album literally rotting on shelves and in warehouses. Its selling less than one copy per store. If you flood the market with a rerelease that contains no bonus material, you're just digging your grave even further. If anyone(Axl, Uni) expect any units to move, they're gonna have to offer something major to differentiate between the two identical products.

If they want more copies to sit idle, then that's their choice. However, I do know I speak for 99.9% of the population when I say there's literally no chance of me buying this unless it includes bonus tracks. Anyone who wants the album in its current state can already buy it.

If there's no bonus material, a rerelease is pointless for all sides concerned. Corrected album lyrics could have been posted as downloadable content on the official site.

If they're going the rerelease route, no point in not going balls deep.

I don't think anything is gonna change with a rerelease either, but it makes no sense at this point to do it half assed. You have one shot at a double dip.

faldor

faldor wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
faldor wrote:

James I'm not convinced that Axl and the band a) believe that or b) really care.

At this point, it doesn't really matter whether or not they believe or care. The market is already drowning in a million copies of this album literally rotting on shelves and in warehouses. Its selling less than one copy per store. If you flood the market with a rerelease that contains no bonus material, you're just digging your grave even further. If anyone(Axl, Uni) expect any units to move, they're gonna have to offer something major to differentiate between the two identical products.

If they want more copies to sit idle, then that's their choice. However, I do know I speak for 99.9% of the population when I say there's literally no chance of me buying this unless it includes bonus tracks. Anyone who wants the album in its current state can already buy it.

If there's no bonus material, a rerelease is pointless for all sides concerned. Corrected album lyrics could have been posted as downloadable content on the official site.

If they're going the rerelease route, no point in not going balls deep.

I don't think anything is gonna change with a rerelease either, but it makes no sense at this point to do it half assed. You have one shot at a double dip.

I agree, and that all makes perfect sense.  I've tempered my expectations greatly over the past couple weeks/months, so hopefully I'm just understimating things.  Maybe the 2 sides have come to an agreement and will both work together to make things a little better for each side.  I just have a hard time believing that with what we've heard so far.  Then again, we haven't really heard much at all of late so I guess it's possible some advancements could've been made. 

A re-release, even with BONUS material won't do much good if it's not promoted properly.  I'd buy it without bonus material if it only had new artwork, corrected booklet but I know not all who bought it the first time around would join me this time around.  I think all parties involved are aware of that.  That's why IF it happens and the silence continues it signals to me that they don't really care what happens.  Maybe this is all part of the Best Buy exclusive (the CD with the new cover has the Best Buy sticker on it).  Maybe since Best Buy was promised 1 or 2 alternative covers, it's just part of the deal to unload this version and in the process they fine tuned the booklet.  Who knows really?  We're still waiting on that video they promised Best Buy.  Maybe that's all part of phase II.

Again though, I'm expecting next to nothing at this point.

TOTAL LOSS
 Rep: 5 

TOTAL LOSS wrote:

Fake, I say.

Those images are a cobbled together mess with type carelessly throw over them. The lyrics are readily available online; it's not hard to copy and paste over artwork.
Also, they feel strangely outdated...using techniques common to the 80's or early 90's.

In contrast, the official paintings have all been very contemporary – by contemporary artists – with a common theme.

The alternate covers are a rifle and grenade, so I'm guessing someone made this
based on what Axl said in the interview, using the already available hand artwork to auction them for a few $$$. It's no more elaborate than any other bootleg.

Of course, everything about the band is so amateur, I shouldn't be surprised if it's legit.

faldor

faldor wrote:
Axl S wrote:
jarmo wrote:

There's no cd with that cover on sale at Best Buy.

That's a fact and makes this a fake.

And now we wait for jarmo to be proved wrong 16

If this is fake it's one damn convincing fake I'll give it that.

I think jarmo saying it's fake could be taking the same path Ron chooses.  It's not his job to break GNR news, that's up to GNR management.  So him saying it's fake, well it is fake as far as all of us our concerned until we find out it's real. 

I just wonder IF this is real, this band can't seem to do anything without the information getting out.  Everything seems to leak from songs, artwork, booklets, guys vying for Robin's spot in the band.  Nothing is sacred.

Board footer