You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Re: Last book you read...

Tommie wrote:

I just got done with "The Christ Clone Trilogy" by James BeauSeigneur.  I am by no means religious, but I found these books really fascinating.  I recommend all of them highly.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

I dont think I finished 1984, I found it a bit to dry and depressing. I'll have to give it another bash. I read it alongside Fahrenheit 451in my teens when I believed in grand conspiracies and a secret world order.

Strange I actually found the opposite to be true.  To this day, I can't stand Farenheit 451.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Im reading the Halo novels (do'nt laugh. i like my sci fi and have nowt else to read) anyway their actually not bad, well im only on the 2nd one but the first was quite good.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

so finally read the entire wheel of time series...then went back and finished reckless road...

now i'm reading One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

next on my agenda

To Kill a Mockingbird
Band of Brothers
Game of Thrones

then we'll see where i'm at...but i gotta clear the log-jam in my bookcase first smile

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Been delving into my Terry Pratchett collection of late, worked my way through quite a few but stalled at Feet Of Clay when I fell off the book wagon and started vegetating in front of the TV again. Started on the most recent one "Unseen Academicals" the other month and struggled to get into it, I might put it off and go back to Feet of Clay and work my way through to it.

I've also been reading Fidel Castro's official autobiography "My Life" which is fascinating, its cleverly structured so it is just one long Q&A session with the interveiwer, so its all Fidels words and you can just open it up and delve in. I also made a start on "Berlin, The Downfall 1945" by Antony Beever, again it really is quite fascinating but is a hard slog with so much information to take in, but the author still consistently manages to keep your attention.

My problem is I have trouble focusing on one book and usually have 3 or 4 on the go at once and never finish them, I should really put them all away and not pick another one off the shelve until I finish the one I've started hmm

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:

Actually reading High Fidelity by Nick Hornsby right now.

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

Reading Bret "Hitman" Hart's book. Fuckin' really good.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Been delving into my Terry Pratchett collection of late, worked my way through quite a few but stalled at Feet Of Clay when I fell off the book wagon and started vegetating in front of the TV again. Started on the most recent one "Unseen Academicals" the other month and struggled to get into it, I might put it off and go back to Feet of Clay and work my way through to it.

Tried very hard to get into "The Colour of Magic", but I just can't. I know people rave about these books like there's no tomorrow, but his style just doesn't work for me. So I'm currently (finally) reading Kafka's "The Trail", just to get that under my belt.

As a side note, are you guys into e-books at all? I'm reading the trial on my Nexus One, and it's surprisingly comfortable for a phone (and damn handy when I need a brake at work wink ).

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
dr_love6977 wrote:

Actually reading High Fidelity by Nick Hornsby right now.

How does that stack up against the movie? I love that flick, but I'm afraid it's 'cause of the great performances by Cusack and Black.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Tommie wrote:

I just got done with "The Christ Clone Trilogy" by James BeauSeigneur.  I am by no means religious, but I found these books really fascinating.  I recommend all of them highly.

Have you read the Left Behind series....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left_Behind_(series)

It consists of sixteen books, but once you start reading it, you wont be able to stop until you finish the story.

Started reading Slash's book a couple days ago. Isn't really all that riveting to be honest, although I haven't made it to where GNR explodes yet.

Board footer