You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Re: Soundgarden Reunion?

Saikin wrote:

Just heard on my local radio station that Brent Smith (lead singer for Shinedown) was at Download festival and was talking with Soundgarden's reps, and they said Soundgarden are in talks to reunite and they will be doing a tour of the US. 

Just thought I should share.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

^^

Makes sense, with all these bands from the late 80's/early 90's reuniting. Could you imagine someone that put together a reunion card in the U.S. with a reunited Faith No More, Alice In Chains & Soundgarden.

Sweet living Jesus that'd be a hot seller.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I would seriously take a Soundgarden reunion over a GNR reunion. Never got to see Soundgarden live, and they have more to offer musically than GNR. They are still young enough to create a kick ass album.

I've been expecting this to be announced as it was obvious these past few months that it was gonna happen once Cornell gets this Scream shit out of the way.'

I'd love to see this band have one last run. I just hope the interest is there.

Hopefully someone resurrects one of those old Soundgarden communities.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

i dont think cornell will be able to handle the songs

James

James wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

If Robert Plant can "handle the songs", and if Mick Jagger can still be relevant while walking around the stage talking the songs, I think Cornell will do just fine. To be honest, I don't really care. He obviously isn't in his 20s anymore and people shouldn't go in with those expectations. You're not going to hear Jesus Christ Pose like it sounded in 1991, and if you're expecting that, you shouldn't even buy a ticket.

He sings Soundgarden and Audioslave songs on his solo tours, and there's no reason to think he cant do it just because Thayil, Shepard, and Cameron are on stage with him.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

This would be great. Could possibly be gearing up for a winter/indoor arena tour. I'd definitely go.  I might even have to buy a few of their albums since I don't think I converted over from cassette  hmm

James

James wrote:

I know I said this in the other SG thread, but if Shepard isn't involved, I wont support it. If they tour, I wont go and if they release an album, I'll download it from a torrent instead of buying it. I know Shepard was involved in that 3/4 reunion a few months back, but Cornell's comment about "originals" is troubling.

I'll be biting my fingernails until the announcement.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

If Robert Plant can "handle the songs", and if Mick Jagger can still be relevant while walking around the stage talking the songs, I think Cornell will do just fine. To be honest, I don't really care. He obviously isn't in his 20s anymore and people shouldn't go in with those expectations. You're not going to hear Jesus Christ Pose like it sounded in 1991, and if you're expecting that, you shouldn't even buy a ticket.

He sings Soundgarden and Audioslave songs on his solo tours, and there's no reason to think he cant do it just because Thayil, Shepard, and Cameron are on stage with him.

I think the same could be said for Axl Rose.

Seriously, no other vocalist is more inconsistent in vocal delivery, and has more chance to blow his throat out than Axl... and he still can perform, and people still pay to see him.

Like you said, vocals won't be a problem. Cornell will be fine, if not maybe tweak his delivery of the higher stuff like Axl did.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … mID=122413

SHINEDOWN Singer Says SOUNDGARDEN Reunion Is Coming - June 23, 2009
According to The Pulse of Radio, SHINEDOWN singer Brent Smith spoke with England's Kerrang! magazine at the Download festival two weekends ago about the possibility of a SOUNDGARDEN reunion. Smith said, "There's talk of a reuniting of SOUNDGARDEN in the States soon. I know actually someone specific who told me that, who is actually specifically in their organization. Kinda told me that they're talking about it."

Kerrang!'s interview with Brent Smith can be viewed below.

An inside source told The Pulse of Radio a couple of months ago that a SOUNDGARDEN reunion tour was in the works for the summer of 2010, and that all four members of the band were tentatively interested.

SOUNDGARDEN broke up in 1997 after a five-album, 12-year career. The group was one of the key acts of the Seattle "grunge" scene and one of its biggest exports, along with NIRVANA, PEARL JAM and ALICE IN CHAINS.

Frontman Chris Cornell recorded three albums with AUDIOSLAVE after SOUNDGARDEN's demise and has also embarked on a checkered solo career. Drummer Matt Cameron plays in PEARL JAM, while guitarist Kim Thayil and bass player Ben Shepherd have kept lower profiles.

Cameron, Thayil and Shepherd staged a partial reunion at a recent Tom Morello show in Seattle, playing a handful of SOUNDGARDEN songs with Tad Doyle singing.

Board footer