You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Re: Soundgarden Reunion?

Saikin wrote:

There's a vid of Brent talking about it in that link.

It does say that all four members were tentatively interested.  That's good news.  Because I'm with James- Cameron has to be there- period.  This isn't one of those bands that you can fuck with a whole lot.

As for Cornell's voice, when I get some more time I'll round up some vids of his voice on old songs now.  He's sounding pretty good on Spoonman, Jesus Christ Pose, The Day I Tried to Live, but for some reason they butcher 4th of July every time they do it, although that's both him and the band sounding bad on it.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Matt Cameron seems pretty committed to Pearl Jam, and they've got a new album out later this year.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Matt Cameron seems pretty committed to Pearl Jam, and they've got a new album out later this year.

Cameron will drop Pearl Jam like a ton of bricks if Cornell makes the call. That's not even really open to debate. The only thing stopping a reunion since they broke up is Cornell. I would not be surprised in the least if it was written into Cameron's contract about the possibility of this happening.

That would be like Axl calling Slash and saying its reunion time but Slash has commitments with VR. We all know what would happen in that situation. He goes back home where he belongs.

We might as well post our dream set lists....

Rusty Cage
Jesus Christ Pose
Nothing To Say
Hands All Over
Ty Cobb
Big Dumb Sex
Superunknown
Blow Up the Outside World
Mailman
Searching With My Good Eye Closed
Overfloater
Fell On Black Days
Flower
My Wave
Birth Ritual
Room A Thousand Years Wide

Spoonman
Black Hole Sun
Outshined

Thats pretty solid. There's a few other songs I would prefer, but the hits are essential  even if other great songs have to be tossed aside.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I heard something similar to this on the radio this morning as well. Seems possible.

Pearl Jam went thru drummers like Spinal Tap in the 90's, so I'm sure he can leave. They could probably get Dave Abrruzzsee or Jeremy Irons back. Esp if it's just for the tour. PJ & Soundgarden are good friends, plus I can't imagine Cameron passing up a Soundgarden reunion to continue with PJ.

James

James wrote:

The only person who might have said no is Shepard simply because he isn't musically active and avoids the spotlight completely. I have never even seen him do an interview. Thayil may be a semi shut in, but at least he has shown his face a few times, and has actually been on TV shows in the past. He was actually on some panel type talk show a few years back and I have never been able to track it down. Another reason I wish one of the Soundgarden sites would be resurrected. Its really unfortunate that those communities were allowed to die, and Cornell and the rest of the band should address these people if/when this reunion gets announced. They let those sites die on the vine when just a bit of fan interaction would have helped tremendously.

I don't even remember the name of the one I lurked at all the time, but it was a killer site.

Nobody is gonna say no to this or there would have been more than one person missing at that reunion.

Sky Dog wrote:

I am fairly certain Cameron gets paid mighty well with Pearl Jam so I wouldn't be so sure he would go scurrying back for a Soundgarden reunion. Honestly, a regular Pearl Jam tour would get more money than a Soundgarden reunion. Just my opinion. hmm

However, a Soundgarden/Pearl Jam bill would be fantastic...that way, he could have his cake and eat it too!

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Nahhh man, I disagree. Realistically, they'd get paid about the same. Plus, I doubt money will be a factor. He's set for life at this point.

So it comes to playing, and enjoyement. Let's face it, PJ's prime was before Cameron was with them. All their best hits, weren't his stuff (thru no fault of his own). So he's at shows playing Jeremy, Alive, Daughter, Even Flow, Betterman, Yellow Ledbetter etc.. yeah, sounds like fun.

On the other hand, he can play shows playing the songs he helped write, he broke new ground with: Rusty Cage, Outshined, Spoonman, Black Hole Sun, Pretty Noose, Fell on Black Days.

You say which would he choose I say, where's the question..?

James

James wrote:

Fuck Pearl Jam. He knows who buttered his bread, and it wasn't Pearl Jam. If this goes down, they are doing it for the fans and to have one last run before they're too old. If it was all about money, they'd ride out this economic disaster and not blow their one time reunion card until a few years down the line.

Now is the time. Like Axl, they are all in their late 40s and once you enter your 50s, its simply not going to be taken seriously by anyone. If a reunion happens now or in 2010, they have about a three year window to kick some ass. If this band gets a prolific hair up its ass, we could literally see an Audioslave type run here. Album/tour/album/tour in a short time frame.

I'm not expecting new music, but when you put these four guys in a room together, masterpieces get created within weeks.

Bring it on.

Sky Dog wrote:

There is no question that from an artistic standpoint the Soundgarden gig is much better. I would love to see it.....just wouldn't count my chickens before they hatch.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i agree, cornell has always balked at a SG reunion...why the sudden change of heart...IMO its exactly like the GnR situation...Chris holds the keys and it wasnt even anyone from the band who talked, it was the shinedown singer who heard a rumor

Board footer