You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Michael Jackson's This Is It Discussion

James wrote:

Latoya is a shit alter ego though. What did she ever do? A bit late in the game to make Latoya a relevant personality.

If you're dead, you cant top Thriller and make a comeback. No way in hell does this guy blow off all those shows, debt or no debt. Sure, he's on top of the world now, but once this craze wears off in a few weeks, its over completely until either a tribute show or a killer movie is made.

You're probably correct that there will be various theories presented in the years to come, but I wont believe any of them. Those 50 shows were sold out. That was step one in the successful comeback, but people think step two would be a faked death? Not buying that in a million years.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

The Lisa Marie wedding was a "Sham" marraige. No doubt.

As for conspiracy theories, I agree they'll exist. But I think an even bigger event w genre will be the MJ impersonators. THAT will be a big industry, much like Elvis.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Most of that history 2 album was about him being falsely accused, so you have a point there. He went downhill fast.

And I really wish some big rock star would really (finally) fake their death, because that would be cool.

Hearing Lisa Marie in several interviews in the past, knowing how she is, there's no doubt in my mind that she had a real thing for him. Whether he returned it is another, but I'm a sucker and I'd like to think it was real.

James

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

Most of that history 2 album was about him being falsely accused, so you have a point there. He went downhill fast.

And I really wish some big rock star would really (finally) fake their death, because that would be cool.

Hearing Lisa Marie in several interviews in the past, knowing how she is, there's no doubt in my mind that she had a real thing for him. Whether he returned it is another, but I'm a sucker and I'd like to think it was real.

Well, Brooke Shields wanted him to but that doesn't change the facts.

If she was a 12 year old boy she might have had a chance.

In regards to Shields, its funny because years later MJ claimed he lost his virginity to her when it was widely known that he blew her off for Webster. She even had to deny publicly that they didn't have a fling when he shouldn't have even put her in that position in the first place.

Why even bring her into the equation? Why not just say he fucked some random groupie or even a model?

Because Shields was as close as he ever got to a woman, and it wasn't even close.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

I'm a little bit late on this, but I just heard the 911 call.  If the doc that was with him was trying to do cpr, why was the body on the bed?  I mean come on, I've been certified in CPR since I was 16 and anyone who's even remotely affiliated with First Aid / Red Cross of any kind knows they must be on a flat hard surface.

James

James wrote:

Jesse Jackson is now sticking his nose in this.

When did Jesse start defending white women?

Maybe he's not racist after all.....

The whole issue with that doctor definitely doesn't sound kosher. This is probably one of those cases where we'll never know the full details.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I don't wanna speak badly of the guy since he's passed away, but I watched some live footage they were showing of him on Aussie cable tv last night, and damn, how many times does he grab his crotch?!?!?!

He's a good dancer and all, but his hand is almost permanently fixed to his nuts half the time. Kinda disturbing to watch...

James

James wrote:

One thing I hated about some of his live performances was how he would stand in the same pose for what felt like infinity before actually doing anything. He's damn lucky that bottles of piss didn't rain down on him while doing that pretentious crap.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

Yeah, I just watched some clip of him doing Billie Jean, and the crowd goes apeshit from him just putting a hat on, and then "the glove"

To see people losing their minds over it is quite funny.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

To see people losing their minds over it is quite funny.

It's similar to Elvis and the Beatles.

Board footer