You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Michael Jackson's This Is It Discussion

Axlin16 wrote:

Most pop stars lip synch, because of their type of music, which is heavily tweaked in the studio to begin with.

The dance routines are what Jackson I think wouldn't have been able to pull off. The vocals should've been there imo.

mickronson wrote:

You can clearly hear Bill O'Reilly on the other end. There is no 'video nasty', O'Reilly questions Jackson about the allegations with Jordan Chandler, as well as Macaulay Culkin & Brett Barnes (who's name I haven't heard before), and they were obviously difficult questions, which made him uncomfortable, and like myself, when i'm asked absurd questions, I smile and laugh, no matter how serious the situation is. It's how I deal with the stress.

Also understand Jackson didn't answer these questions, because they were VERY inappropriate. There was a gag order on the settlement out of court with Chandler, which Jackson could not speak about the circumstances of in 1996. Even in 2003, with Martin Bashir, Jackson guarded what he said for liability reasons.

Also, Jackson took the classy route of understand that Culkin, at least, was still a CHILD at the time. No reason to drag an innocent child into a discussion, especially when it'd open Jackson up to liability from Culkin's himself (he was emancipated from his parents), to be sued for defamation.

"Well i'm just asking you were you accused"

Even if he were, why would Jackson want to make the situation EVEN WORSE if it were true?

There's nothing there imo. At least nothing different from Jackson's character since the first allegations. He's always acted in that manner. Very uncomfortable, and Jackson's also used that biblical explanation EVERY TIME he's been asked about his relationship with children, for which he's also been consistent.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
mickronson wrote:

It doesn't paint him as a saint so it'll be buried like everything else.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
mickronson wrote:

It doesn't paint him as a saint so it'll be buried like everything else.

The video isn't negative, his reactions were to be expected.  Nothing to see there.  The article to go along with the video was horrendously written though, makes it seem like the video is groundbreaking and clearly tells a story.  Which it isn't.  Tabloid journalism at its best.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

Yeah, I was thinking maybe this would be really bad by the way it was talked up on the site but after viewing it I laughed.  Of course he acted like that, in fact it is expected for his personality to act that way if he was angered or frustrated after being wrongly accused.

Now by no means am I saying he was innocent, I truly don't know.  I tend to think he may not have did these things he is accused of strictly based on the fact I DO believe he had the mentality of a child.  That doesn't give him a free pass however, I just don't know if he is guilty or not.   This video certainly does't add credibility to the accusations in my opinion.  It could just as easily be viewed as him simply tired off all the accusations and reacting accordingly.

James

James wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Whats to bury?? I didn't think that was negative at all.

Those comments not hitting the major media outlets is a classic definition of the term 'buried'. The news channels are MJ 24/7, yet will repeat something for the millionth time before even considering showing that clip.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

With the tour, this wasn't billed as a comeback. I've only heard that after he died. This was a farewell tour. And unless the promoters were complete idiots, I think everyone took his health into consideration when planning this. I don't think it would have been all that strenuous, from what I understand, this concert tour was going to rely heavily on dancers (not so much Mike himself), video and a Cirque Du Soleil type thing. I don't think he would have pulled off every single show, but I think he could have finished it.

There's supposed to be a big 3D movie he just filmed. Don't know what that was going to be used for, but it was funded by the concert promoters.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Whats to bury?? I didn't think that was negative at all.

Those comments not hitting the major media outlets is a classic definition of the term 'buried'. The news channels are MJ 24/7, yet will repeat something for the millionth time before even considering showing that clip.

You didn't answer the question. Just defined the word 'buried' in the scheme of the media.

What's to bury? There's nothing there. If I worked in TV, especially a major news outlet, and delivered that video to my boss, or made them aware of it... they'd laugh at me.

Not only is there NOTHING there, it's the same old same old, plus right now the 'mourning' of Michael Jackson is what gets ratings, not slinging another pound of mud on his grave.

You're not answering WHY someone would be driven to show that video. It brings nothing to the table, and also doesn't flow with the current news coverage.

And if you think they aren't talking molestation, I just watched Dateline on Friday, and the spent an entire hour on Jackson's life.... HALF of it was molestation stuff.

James

James wrote:

I never said it was incriminating. I simply said the media would ignore it, and since they repeat the same few video segments over and over, they should be all over it like flies on shit. They aren't, and I'm not surprised. Considering the fact its never before seen footage, they should be showing it instead of "laughing" at anyone who brings up the possibility of airing the footage.

As far as bringing something to the table, showing the same 30 second clip of Neverland every 5 minutes doesn't bring anything to the table either, yet they continually do it.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer