You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Michael Jackson's This Is It Discussion

James wrote:
faldor wrote:

Yet it's bigger and better than anything the "pop" world has seen in the past 20 years

Better than anything in the past twenty years??

Exaggerate much? 16

Bigger remains to be seen, but we know it's gonna make a killing at the box office.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Better than anything in the last 20 years?

I kinda remember Dangerous in '91 being a HUGE fuckin' deal.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Not sure how "new" this is.  I saw the rehearsal footage of "Human Nature" before, but this clip was new to me.  Follow the link.

http://undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=9268

New Michael Jackson This Is It Clip Released
by Paul Cashmere - October 18 2009

In the lead-up to the theatrical release of the Michael Jackson movie `This Is It` next week, a new clip featuring Michael performing `Human Nature` has been unveiled.

The video shows Jackson at the rehearsal at the Staples Center in the lead-up to what should have been his London residency.

Weeks before the shows were to begin, the singer was dead.

Dr. Conrad Murray, Jackson’s private doctor, has so far not been charged with manslaughter but is still under investigation. Jackson hired the doctor on a salary of $150,000 per month despite tour promoter Randy Phillips wishes.

‘This Is It’ will screen in cinemas around the world for two weeks only from October 28.

The soundtrack album will be released on October 26

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor

faldor wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I work til 930 tonight, stopping by the house for a cocktail then off to the theater. Gonna be a long night plus I have to be back at work at 9am but I'm assuming this is going to be worth it.

Nice!  Have a good time, and let us know how awesome it is.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor

faldor wrote:

Another review

REVIEW: Michael Jackson This Is It Movie
by Paul Cashmere - October 29 2009

Wow. This would have been an amazing show. `This Is It` is absolute proof that Michael Jackson was one of the greatest performers of our lifetime.

Tonight, 125 days after his death, Michael Jackson is once again larger than life, on the big screen.

‘This Is It’ captured Michael Jackson the perfectionist but equally balanced the nice guy. It shows he had a genuine love of his “family”, his fellow performers, two of them Australians.

Orianthi, Jackson’s lead guitarist is a 24-year old from Adelaide. She nailed Eddie Van Halen’s ‘Beat It’ solo perfectly. At one stage Jackson encourages her to have her moment. “This is your time to shine,” he tells her.

Jackson had a funny way of chastising when things weren’t to his liking. He could be strict but he would always finish with “with the love”.

‘This Is It’ is an incredible insight into what goes on behind the scenes of a major tour. Every major act rehearses like this. Now we get to see it.

The animations connecting to songs and allowing for costumes changes are as impressive as the performances themselves. The prelude to ‘Smooth Criminal’ is a production featuring a vintage Humphrey Bogart and Rita Hayworth movie with Jackson edited into the film.

For ‘They Don’t Care About Us’, green screen technology is used to turn 10 dancers into a million soldiers.

‘Thriller 2009’ upgraded the most impressive music video or all time into a real life horror show that would have had spooks floating through the aisles of the O2 Arena during the live performance.

Noted at the Melbourne screening tonight, Andre Rieu was in the house.

The songs in order for This Is It were:

Wanna Be Starting Something
Jam
They Don’t Care About Us
Human Nature
Smooth Criminal
The Way You Make Me Feel
I Want You Back
The Love You Save
I’ll Be There
Shake Your Body
I Can’t Stop Loving You
Thriller
Beat It
Black Or White
Earth Song
Billie Jean
Man In The Mirror

This Is It (closing credits)

Michael’s intention with the ‘This Is It show was “to take the audience where they have never been before. He would have succeeded.

Watch a piece of the Smooth Criminal clip here:

[youtube]brvpikqgRUY&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]youtube.com/watch?v=brvpikqgRUY&feature=player_embedded

Board footer