You are not logged in. Please register or login.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

Re: What Song Describes Your Current Mood?

strat0 wrote:

Right now mine is These Walls by Dream Theater:

This is so hard for me
To find the words to say
My thoughts are standing still

Captive inside of me
All emotions start to hide
And nothing's getting through

Watch me
Fading
I'm losing
All my instincts
Falling into darkness

Tear down these walls for me
Stop me from going under
You are the only one who knows
I'm holding back

It's not too late for me
To keep from sinking further
I'm trying to find my way out
Tear down these walls for me now

So much uncertainty
I don't like this feeling
I'm sinking like a stone

Each time I try to speak
There's a voice I'm hearing
And it changes everything

Watch me
Crawl from
The wreckage
Of my silence
Conversation
Failing

Stop me from going under
I'm holding back

It's not too late for me
Tear down these walls

Every time you choose to turn away
Is it worth the price you pay
Is there someone who will wait for you
One more time
One more time

Watch me
Fading
I'm losing
All my instincts
Falling into darkness

Stop me from going under
I'm holding back

It's not too late for me
Tear down these walls for me now

It's not too late for me

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Still hung up on that girl, eh. 16

strat0

strat0 wrote:

God this shit is never ending. 16
seriously though, the confusion and everything else is getting to me.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Just take a step back. I know it sounds hard, but it's really all you can do. I had a girl not too long ago that I was 'loving from afar', and really thought i'd get to spend more time with her, and get to know her, and get closer and stuff.

Well, it never happened, and right now, there's no signs to lead to it happening, because we kind of live in different social circles. Last I heard some rich punk had her eye, as her mother practically 'arranges' her relationships, and shoves people on her, and I don't fit her mold, so i've been blacklisted.

It's kind of a weird situation, but it really bothered me. Our time together was magical, like none other i've ever experienced, but it just doesn't seem to be organically progressing. It's really strange.

The best thing that helped me was to take a step back, live MY life, and not worry about how someone else lives their life. I know that's hard for you because you're friends with both, but you've got to get out of the middle of those two. Let them live. Stop being a middle man. If she likes you, and gets sick of him, she knows where to find you. If not... it's HER LOSS.

But you can't force it. Anytime that happens, impending disaster looms.

strat0

strat0 wrote:

yeah. That's basically what I've done and that's why I'm kinda confused. I mean before I was...i dunno...I wouldn't use obsessive, but I thought about her alot more than I am now.

So I dunno. I mean I love her, but the question is is it more than just like a friendly/"she's like a sister to me" kind of love, ya know?

Damn, I've been gone too long. How did I miss the return of MSL?!?!

drborken
 Rep: 6 

drborken wrote:

strat0, i kinda know how u feel, i got dumped by my girlfriend who id been with for a year and a half.

it was really hard for me to do anything, ive really struggled to cope with it, but im kinda coming to terms now.

honestly, the best thing to do is just keep busy and try not to think about her too much. the answer will come to you sooner or later of its own accord.

take these lyrics from in flames:

I've come to realise
Every little glimpse, you fade
I was told that I could fly
When least expected,
Cloud Connected!

whatever comes to you, even if its bad, there will always be something to pick you back up again, even if you really arent expecting it.

i hope that helps dude smile

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
strat0 wrote:

yeah. That's basically what I've done and that's why I'm kinda confused. I mean before I was...i dunno...I wouldn't use obsessive, but I thought about her alot more than I am now.

So I dunno. I mean I love her, but the question is is it more than just like a friendly/"she's like a sister to me" kind of love, ya know?

What do you think?

You'll know the difference between "like a sister" love versus "the real thing".

My guess, is you both like the same qualities in her, and because you're both friends, she knows you both very well, and probably likes the same things out of the both of you.

If it caves in on you, your feelings, you'll have to take the plunge and open up. But you know what that means for your friendship with the guy.

Like others have said before. If your friendship with this boy is that strong, you might have to choose your bro over her, no matter how you feel about her.

Life isn't fair sometimes like that. But if she chooses a life of drama with him, it's probably a comment on her own personality, rather than his.

drborken
 Rep: 6 

drborken wrote:

axlin08 makes a really good point there, a lot of the time, a persons actions are the best judge of their character. if you look at someones decisions, you can see how good or bad they might be for you. and also, its good to talk to people about how you feel. sometimes people around you can see things you miss.

its like that story about the guy whos trying to get rid of his old sofa. he puts it outside his house with a sign saying "free sofa" on it. noone takes it after a few days, so he gives up, takes the sign away, and leaves the sofa to be picked up with the rubbish. the next day, someone steals the sofa. it just shows, sometimes people miss the obvious thing to do, and will maybe do the wrong thing in your eyes, but one way or another, things will work out.

strat0

strat0 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
strat0 wrote:

What do you think?

You'll know the difference between "like a sister" love versus "the real thing".

My guess, is you both like the same qualities in her, and because you're both friends, she knows you both very well, and probably likes the same things out of the both of you.

If it caves in on you, your feelings, you'll have to take the plunge and open up. But you know what that means for your friendship with the guy.

Like others have said before. If your friendship with this boy is that strong, you might have to choose your bro over her, no matter how you feel about her.

Life isn't fair sometimes like that. But if she chooses a life of drama with him, it's probably a comment on her own personality, rather than his.

Well see my issue isn't really with her ex anymore. He doesn't care as long as he doesn't have to hear about her. My issue is that the guy she's dating right now, sometimes she's happy, while other times she isn't. IDK. I mean I'm great friends with her. I'm pretty sure it's not a sister kind of love lol.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Well if she's not dating your friend anymore, why didn't make your move?

Board footer