You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: i'm back

James wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Even if something comes of it, what are the odds of it being worth any excitement?  At best, we're likely to see demos of songs we already have.  At worst, we could find out that these mystery songs are as weak as most of CD is.  Either way, are you sure you really want to know?

Whatever is out there needs to be heard by the hardcore fans that still remain. Period. Doesn't matter how good or bad it is, this stuff doesn't need to remain in the hands of a select few.

All of it has probably been in circulation for years. Someone needs to unload it all once and for all.

This happened at the Elastica sites a few years ago, loooooong after anyone even gave a shit. Out of the blue, someone uploaded two discs worth of demos.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:
strat0 wrote:

I can tell you for a fact that Checkmate is in several of our very own forum member's possesion and will be heard "soon" by all, according to my source.

In addition, the Chinese D masters AND the often discussed, but never leaked, backstage 2002 VMA footage will FINALLY see the light of day.

We may not get a tour in 2009, but we will certainly have a few new goodies to enjoy and discuss.

STAY TUNED!

While I do believe that we will hear 2 or more new songs this year (I'm confident), the above message is still a bunch of bullshit.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:
russtcb wrote:
strat0 wrote:

I can tell you for a fact that Checkmate is in several of our very own forum member's possesion and will be heard "soon" by all, according to my source.

In addition, the Chinese D masters AND the often discussed, but never leaked, backstage 2002 VMA footage will FINALLY see the light of day.

We may not get a tour in 2009, but we will certainly have a few new goodies to enjoy and discuss.

STAY TUNED!

What are the "Chinese D masters"? Hopefully not just different mixes of the album?

They're the separate instrumental master tracks from the Rock Band 2 disc. You'll be able to hear only the bass in better, for example

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
mygnrsucks wrote:
russtcb wrote:

What are the "Chinese D masters"? Hopefully not just different mixes of the album?

They're the separate instrumental master tracks from the Rock Band 2 disc. You'll be able to hear only the bass in better, for example

That was from that leaks_are_coming guy or whatever his name was over at CD.Com

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:

Sorry for the shitty post but man do we need an update!

MSL??

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I found this while checking out Fat Drunk's twitter page, courtesy of www.chinese-democracy.blogspot.com.  Not sure if these have made the rounds.  Obviously the 15 second Checkmate clip has been heard, but apparently an intro to Silkworms and another 15 second clip to "Seven".  Of course they could be completely fake and/or fanmade.

I was never a fan of "Silkworms" live version, but the intro sounds intriguing, real or fake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiB0I0nYsRA

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

For all we know this leaks_are_coming guy could be full of shit and have nothing to do with MSL.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:
Axl S wrote:

For all we know this leaks_are_coming guy could be full of shit and have nothing to do with MSL.

the leaks_are_coming guy is full of shit and has nothing to do with MSL.

Board footer