You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: i'm back

Axlin16 wrote:

Anytime MSL starts up, it's like stirring a hornet's nest of the nuts out there.

And I agree with James, whatever is left out there in the hands of hoarders, needs to drop, all at once.

At worst, it forces Axl into rushing another album or two for release, then we get some studio-quality finished versions.

This is how the game is played, Axl wanted it to be this way.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Anytime MSL starts up, it's like stirring a hornet's nest of the nuts out there.

And I agree with James, whatever is left out there in the hands of hoarders, needs to drop, all at once.

At worst, it forces Axl into rushing another album or two for release, then we get some studio-quality finished versions.

Idk if wanted it this way is the right term, but he's forced himself into having things go down like this. He needs to learn when to step back and say, "ok, enough is enough, 3 guitar tracks, overdubs, and 4 layers of vocals are enough" 16

We do not need anybody who can play guitar to add more layers

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

What are you's on about? Fuck sake, the album came out what, 7 - 8 months ago roll

Axlin08 wrote:

Huh? Is that a joke, cause I dont get it if it is, and if its not I still dont get it.

AL!VE
 Rep: -1 

AL!VE wrote:
The Leaks Are Coming wrote:

FYI -

A little birdie told me that MSL is now in possession of 6 master tracks and the COMPLETE backstage 2002 VMA footage thanks to a trade that FINALLY went down between himself and Incognito.

There's also word that the almost mythical 'Checkmate' and 'Soul Monster' might be heard soon enough as well.

While the latter of the 2 cannot be 100% confirmed, I can tell you that the 1st is in fact a reality.

that was the 1st post of that "The Leaks Are Coming" dude

MSL is that truth?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Olorin wrote:

What are you's on about? Fuck sake, the album came out what, 7 - 8 months ago roll

You cant compare this situation to any other fan base/artist. It just wouldn't make sense under any other circumstances, yet makes perfect sense in this situation.

You're acting like an album as fresh as Colorado spring water was unloaded on the fan base last year. Even the most mildly casual fan doesn't really care about CD at this point, but you think a hardcore fan will? Barring three songs, I had been listening to better versions of those songs off and on since my mid 20s.

Hell, Axl doesn't even care, but all of a sudden everyone else is supposed to?

You must have been happy as a pig in shit when George Lucas rereleased that version of Star Wars in the 90s that had a few nanoseconds of Jabba the Hut added in. Must have felt like a brand new movie. 16

ANYONE who wanted to hear this stuff could do so as far back as 2001. People who liked it are ready to hear more, and Axl/Uni should just be thankful that there are still people remaining who have an interest in hearing it. Now they know they can at least sell a few copies of 'leaks+bonuses vol. 2' when they decide to unload whatever we hear next.

If he didn't want it to unfold this way, he should have released his "trilogy" seven years ago when he first mentioned it.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I assume by that you mean that you think it's his fault for not releasing more material faster. Because, in my opinion, while new music is great for fans, I would expect that the band sees leaks as harmful or at a minimum frustrating. Artisticly to the band they're unfinsihed, and while the band may drag its feet comercially, I don't think it helps to give out the album free in advance.

To be honest i see these leaks as a double edge sword. Axl is my favourite singer ever - so i'd kill to hear anything new - but at the same time i think it sucks that his albums are getting ruined in this way.

I know many will say its his own fault for not releasing earlier. But it's  still fucked on some level. Sure the 06 leaks sustained many of us and kept our interest - but I also think listening to Chinese Democracy in 2008 without having ever heard any leak would have been totally mindblowing....i feel some of these antics steal the thunder of the band....

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I assume by that you mean that you think it's his fault for not releasing more material faster. Because, in my opinion, while new music is great for fans, I would expect that the band sees leaks as harmful or at a minimum frustrating. Artisticly to the band they're unfinsihed, and while the band may drag its feet comercially, I don't think it helps to give out the album free in advance.

To be honest i see these leaks as a double edge sword. Axl is my favourite singer ever - so i'd kill to hear anything new - but at the same time i think it sucks that his albums are getting ruined in this way.

I know many will say its his own fault for not releasing earlier. But it's  still fucked on some level. Sure the 06 leaks sustained many of us and kept our interest - but I also think listening to Chinese Democracy in 2008 without having ever heard any leak would have been totally mindblowing....i feel some of these antics steal the thunder of the band....

Well, its not like he waited until the time was right or the album was complete -- just look at the shit rush job of the booklet and promotion.

Something/someone forced his hand. At this point MSL, Skwerl, etc might be the only reason we hear new music, or got Chinese Democracy in the first place.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
mygnrsucks wrote:

Something/someone forced his hand. At this point MSL, Skwerl, etc might be the only reason we hear new music, or got Chinese Democracy in the first place.

It's possibe. Who knows in the end? All blame and finger pointing aside I don't think anyone, can really know. Maybe it never would have come out, or maybe it would have come out differently or better. If one takes a step back and looks at the whole saga as less of a fan it's very bizzare overall, and i'm not saying that to insult axl, i just mean as a chain of events in anyone's life, the whole thing from AFD onwards to the situation of today is just really really wierd. Anyway, all i know in the end, is that drama and politics aside, I've never heard Axl peform on a song I didn't think was amazing, so I'd love to hear new stuff. But at the same time I do hope that any leaks don't fuck up stuff the band was planning, if such plans exist.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

For the record, I'm not advocating that his entire vault be unloaded ASAP. That would obviously be fucked up and would most certainly alter whatever career move he had in store for us.

To me, this whole situation is walking a very fine line, and always has. Its just hard for me to hold him up to a different standard due to all the various bullshit over the years.

An example.....

A few months after Kala was released, a few people stumbled upon a rough mix of the unreleased track Shells. I was one of the lucky few. There was no way in hell I was leaking that. Not only did I not share it on her communities, I didn't even share it here with the few MIA fans on this site(or ROV) because I didn't want to be responsible for it getting out.  The others who had the track didn't post it anywhere either.

Like with CD, quite a few of her online fans were hoping to hear it, and maybe something else. Not that they were necessarily sick of Kala, but they knew other stuff was floating around out there. When I posted my thoughts regarding any leaks, I said I was one of the few completely against it because she might use the track(s) in the near future for a rerelease or leaking it herself for a buzz like she did with Bird Flu.

What happened?

After Paper Planes exploded, she put a rerelease of Kala in stores with a bonus disc, and Shells was used as the main selling point to get fans to double dip. Had the track leaked in late 07/early 08, it obviously would have killed those plans.

The reason its hard to take the same approach with GNR is the fact its a do nothing band. They'll mention a shit load of songs next summer and a trilogy following it, then years later you're still waiting for one song. You'll be told a video is coming in a week, then eight months later you're still watching fan made vids until they get yanked from youtube. Your told the band is gonna take questions and answer them on video, then never hear anything about it again. Your told a store is coming, then its never mentioned again. Your told monumental promotion is coming, then a few months later Bumblefoot is playing in front of 10 people with Lita Ford.

List goes on and on and on and on.....

When fans want to hear new music, they always have to depend on people like darknemus, MSL,etc. to deliver the goods.

That says more about the band itself than it does the fans and/or leakers.

Board footer