You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Marc Canter Talks on MyGnR

Neemo wrote:

no i didnt really say anything one way or the other....i said that its fucked that Slash caved into pressure from his wife, but its his own fault for having his wife also be his manager...i didnt say anythign about axl in my post

and i also said  that canter was possibly right in slash having nothing beyond VR at that point cuz lots of stuff has happened after the axl visit,  now though i feel slash could survive without VR

that being said Slash has made acareer for himself outside of GnR, whether or not you guys like the material is irrelevant, some peopel do like the material...like a few people here i am a fan of both Slash and Axl...Axl would prefer to keep to himself, he's always been like that...Slash is more of a social butterfly...they are just different peopel in lots of ways so its understandable if they cannot get along

CD is out and by all appearances axl seems content with what was presented...so am i i think CD is a great album...i'm even one of the few that doesnt even want remixes...what the band released is what was meant to be, and that is my preference for listening...even the so called diehards around here are always slagging on poor mixing, and what have you...even you chicken dinner would prefer remixing the album yourself...yet i am the negative one? hmmf. thats weird huh?

as for the reception that we think Slash's disk will have, there are several different artists, it will be a superstar lineup on there, cornell, ozzy, iggy pop, fergie, iggy is a cult favorite, cornell, ozzy and fergie will promote the hell out of anything they are on, and we know slash is a master with the press...just like Santana sold like nuts i predict the same for this slash album...has nothing to do with how big a fan i am, i can just kinda see the promo wheels already turning...gnr had like no promo and the sales suffered from it IMHO

if thats negative al and pro slash...i'm sorry but thats how i feel

but aside from til i have really no problems with CD in any way shape or form, i like it alot...it sucks that there will not be a tour for the forseeable future and it sucks we are getting no new info, but thats jsut the way axl is, when he is ready he'll be back

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I cannot believe in 2000 goddamn 9, that internet fans are still arguing over this age old bullshit.

You can't praise Slash, without being anti-Axl, and vice versa.

Get a fuckin' life... roll

The mods don't agree with you, one way or the other. The only thing that drives places like HTGTH & MyGNR is how the wind blows, and who's e-mail they get to read. They don't care one way or the other. If Madison was told to kiss the devil's private area, they'd do it, because it's not about GN'R, and never has been. They don't care about you, your opinion, or their own. They care about getting attention from housekeepers, or the long distance aunts of keyboard players. That's all they care about, because they feel special.

And the fans buy into it, hook, line, and sinker. You're all a bunch of suckers if you believe in this bullshit. Jarmo is a lackey, and the other nazis are in it for the advertising revenue at best, and beating off when they get home about their 2 million posts.

And they all play you like the puppet masters they are. STOP BUYING IN TO IT.

Fans arguing amongst themselves, over mod behavior is beyond ridiculous. G NREvo simply has alot of people that sees Axl's situation for what it is, as well as Slash's, so don't sit here and talk about how there's some sort of Slash bias here. James Lofton just the other day basically agreed with AXL, about Slash's post-93 career, and how it fucking sucks, other than Snakepit, and even I don't agree with that.

I am so sick and fucking tired, of people arguing over FACTIONS, created to divisionalize the fanbase, by douche bags who pay for bandwidth, to have their world as they see fit.

Stop trying to kiss Axl's ass by knocking Slash, and Slash fans, stop feeling you've vidicated yourself by referring to Axl as an asshole nazi who destroyed the band. You don't know a fucking thing, outside of pure speculation. And if you want to speculate, that's fine. But these arguments, and their personal attacks against boards, because they aren't being pro-Axl enough for you.... guess what - you're a pawn in a game. How about having a free mind for fuck's sake. I respect anyone ever associated with Guns, but I don't have to like their solo material, or the things they do in their life. Just because I cringed when Slash did American Idol, doesn't make me suddenly think the Welcome To The Jungle riff sucks.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Well said.
lets try keep the Slash vs Axl crap to a minimum. For some strange reason it ends up dominating nearly all threads, which at first was slightly amusing to me but after awhile it kind of gets boring. Anywhoooo..................

Sky Dog wrote:

Axlin08, I am not a pawn in anyone's game .....so I hope you aren't referring to me. James immediately jumped to Slash's defense (and for the record James knows I love him) ....plus I had to read the shit at Mygnr so it rattled me a bit and I popped off. End of discussion on my end. All I want to do is even the playing field to where people realize Axl is an ass and Slash is an ass in the Gnr meltdown. Guys like Canter know their shit....not you, not me, not James, not Buzz et al....:peace:

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

@chicken_dinner.
I have'nt been here that long but i totally disagree with the accusation of the mods jumping on anyone for anything unless its for warranted reasons. While i would never say to any member new or old to go to another forum if you aint happy with the community here because i think nobody has the right to tell anyone to leave a forum and frankly think its rude to do so, i would bet that you can speak more freely here more so than most other forums without getting threats of been banned for merely having an opinion.

Im not bashing you infact i agree with some points you made before, but i think your been harsh on this site when it probably has the best GN'R community on the web.:peace:

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
madagas wrote:

Axlin08, I am not a pawn in anyone's game .....so I hope you aren't referring to me. James immediately jumped to Slash's defense (and for the record James knows I love him) ....plus I had to read the shit at Mygnr so it rattled me a bit and I popped off. End of discussion on my end. All I want to do is even the playing field to where people realize Axl is an ass and Slash is an ass in the Gnr meltdown. Guys like Canter know their shit....not you, not me, not James, not Buzz et al....:peace:

I wasn't referring to anyone specifically, more like this age old situation in general. This has been going on way before the madagas, and the James, and the Axlin08's, etc.

My point is ONLY a Marc Canter knows what they are talking about, and people sitting down and analyzing what SIDE he falls down under shows just how GEEK the fan base really is. NOBODY in the fanbase should be painting Canter with a brush, if anyone should be painted with a brush, it should be Canter painting us.

And even if Canter is showing a slant to Axl, it certaintly says alot about Axl, that Canter will basically back up Axl's story, concerning a CHILDHOOD FRIEND (Slash), someone he knew long before Bill Bailey came along.

I just get tired of the definitive judgments. Canter I think is the most credible source out there. The Del James & the Perla Hudson's of the world are the ones that are biased.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
chicken_dinner wrote:

agree with madagas. just like htgth is axlbot territory, this place has become slashbot territory :3

when u say anything positive about axl or negative about slash, mods jump you like you just said hitler is the greatest man on earth and you are been ordered back to htgth.

here slash has been confirmed by a longtime friend of slash to lie about the axl visit and all we heard by slashbots was, well slash has creds on his solo album. feck off will ya? :B

Another load of your patented horse shit. First you are unable to comprehend the media whore concept, then claim to be a hoarder when you are not, and now say that one of the only sites to contemplate removing its Slash/VR section is run by a Slash bot. roll

I look forward to your next statement, which will probably be along the lines of life isn't truly real, but is in actuality a computer simulation run on Slash's computer.

If so, I wish Slash would hurry up and upload the 'unlimited oxycontin' and 'Natalie Portman sex slave' easter eggs into my brain.

It would make this virtual wait for Chinese Democracy II so much more refreshing.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
chicken_dinner wrote:

agree with madagas. just like htgth is axlbot territory, this place has become slashbot territory :3

when u say anything positive about axl or negative about slash, mods jump you like you just said hitler is the greatest man on earth and you are been ordered back to htgth.

here slash has been confirmed by a longtime friend of slash to lie about the axl visit and all we heard by slashbots was, well slash has creds on his solo album. feck off will ya? :B

Your boring, robin67 was far more entertaining.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Can any of you guys confirm; did Slash petition Perla for a divorce shortly after that time but then withdrew?Maybe he was pissed with her pushing him around and finally decided to make a stand.

What I think a lot of people including Marc Canter who comment on this break up appear to get wrong is that they seem to believe that because Axl shows more righteous indignation over what went on in the break up than Slash currently does then it must be Slash who is the ultimate villain here. i.e Axl is madder so he must be right.

Take this comment for example:

“As you already know the reason Axl and Slash don't talk is because of all the dumb shit Slash has said about Axl over the past 14 years.”

Dumb Shit? It’s been tame compared to what Axl has been levelling at Slash in response so why is the focus on Slash only here? The fact of the matter is that Axl never sued Slash for slander which indicates to me Slash's version of events is not a million miles off the mark, regardless of how angry Axl is about things he said

“Sticks and stones won't hurt Axl but names and things that Axl believes not to be true don't go over well with him.”

You note he uses the term ‘Axl believes not to be true’ to cover his ass here. That’s all fair enough but I think it’s a balanced opinion to say that Axl’s take on things, especially in matters of where the blame lies in issues past and present is skewed to say the least. I do not recall ever hearing Axl accept full undiluted responsibility for anything that has gone wrong in this band.
Slash has said he regrets being so bitter and for saying some of the things he said against Axl. Axl has never given a centimetre.

The strangest thing for me is if Axl is only angry because of the things Slash said or did, why is Izzy not singled out for any hatred from Axl? Let's look at Izzy's exit from the band; he left the band first, on the eve of a big leg of the UYI tour to boot and followed it up with a scathing interview in Rollingstone where he directed most of the bile at Axl.
If Axl is so truthful and has such a solid set of ethics, why does Izzy not get the same treatment?

I note Marc side stepped that question when it was put to him by one of the forum members.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

most likely cuz the main 2 public figures of gnr were Axl and Slash...axl thinks he was misjudged in the split, and Slash come off as a saint and Axl is the the villian to the general public

of course Axl thinks he wasnt the cause and slash thinks it wasnt his fault...ultimately though it was a faiure to communicate that caused the strife, niether side would budge and Slash chose to leave rather than stick it out...maybe slash doesnt do well with confronation and that was his wy of making it all go away? in any case it happened and until both can sit down and discuss thinks civilly i doubt there will be any sort of reunion...but both sides will have to compromise cuz niether one seems willing to budge at the moment

Board footer