You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Re: Story about a fan talking with Axl

Stepvhen wrote:

Heres a story from a not so legit source smile about a convo with Axl and a fan at an airport. It seems to hammer home the Idea I been pushing that CD was released to clear the books and DJ is recording parts for the next GNR CD to be released A.S.A.P now that this Chinese Democracy legal and media fiasco is over.

Copy and Paste Job follows-

Axl breaks silence with a fan

Well I live in New York. I am mega fan of Guns n 'Roses, and is also my cousin Richard. He works as executive and travel a lot. Well, I believe in my cousin. He said he found Axl at the airport in California, with Beta. And with a bit of fear, came close to saying how much admired the new work and why not the band went on tour.

He said axl was very kind and polite and said that the tour of the new cd already happened in 2006/2007 and nobody noticed it. The only thing missing was to launch the CD and this was done now. So the band now rehearsing with DJ Ashba the new songs for the next CD.

Well, I believe in my cousin and no one can blame me for that. If he lies, i will kill him. But I think this information makes sense, because why not Guns out on tour and is in silence?. I would like to know the your opinion.

Source: http://www.newgnr.com/forum/index.php?topic=42542.0

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

We already know the band isn't rehearsing and haven't done so in months. Ron is playing with Lita, Tommy was recently with Soul Asylum, and regardless of what the rest of the bunch is doing, those two things make this story dead on arrival.

Even if nobody was doing anything, this story still isn't believable.

Sky Dog wrote:

I believe it.....:haha: 18 ...not.

Stepvhen wrote:

that the tour of the new cd already happened in 2006/2007 and nobody noticed it. The only thing missing was to launch the CD and this was done now. So the band now rehearsing with DJ Ashba the new songs for the next CD.

That makes no sense,but then again hardly anything in the GN'R world makes any sense.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

The one upside in silence is their is a small chance of it being for good reason. If this is true or not is debatable but hopefully and I would like it to be true.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:

It seems to hammer home the Idea I been pushing that CD was released to clear the books and DJ is recording parts for the next GNR CD to be released A.S.A.P now that this Chinese Democracy legal and media fiasco is over.

I don't want to put pressure on Axl to release more stuff when, comparatively, he only just came out with an album. I can see that from his perspective we'd have a hunger that he'd never be able to satisfy.

However, that said, this is a very tempting and somewhat plausable theory to me. Axl did say he considered CD a double album, and that robin had done parts for it already, meanwhile he know Axl tends to put new players in the band on the records in some context, or at least see what they have to add, and we know that DJ himself is heavily into composition and song writing. So it wouldn't exactly shock me if when CD2 does come out DJ's work has been incorporated into the product.

Then again, it could also be that they were planning a tour and something went amiss and it's now felt they missed the window. Anyway...i'm glad DJ is in the band, and i'm excited for the future of GNR either with the next album or some shows based around Chinese.

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:

Just like how they hired Richard and put him all over CD.

The song, anyway. Buried in the rhythm section...

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I've been saying from the get...

Ashba needs to be an entirely fresh start for GN'R. New material, new album, new shows.

CD has been a ball and chain tied to Axl's groin for YEARS.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
mygnrsucks wrote:

Just like how they hired Richard and put him all over CD.

The song, anyway. Buried in the rhythm section...

I'm not sure if your kidding, but yes actually, that's kind of a good example, like he may not be all over the cd from an obvious perspective the way bucket is, but he WAS put on the record, which you'd think will have invovled recording time, then time spent sorting out which of his contributions will be kept and edited and which deleted....likewise both frank and bumble were added parts AFTER most of the original writing was done...so it wouldn't surprise me if DJ was being asked toi get involved in the next record in the same way.
Actually, it would almost be stranger if he didn't.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

DJ will have replaced some Robin solos in the same vein as Bumblefoot replacing Buckethead solos, I doubt he has wrote anything new with Axl.

Board footer