You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Re: GNR Mentioned in current issue of Metal Hammer

Gunslinger wrote:

This was in the current issue of Metal Hammer under the "Hot 100 Bands to Watch in 2008".

Quote from: Metal Hammer, issue 173
Guns N' Roses
Axl Rose and his hired henchmen are bound to 'excite' the world with news on several release dates for the so-called 'Chinese Democracy' album - all of which will pass without incident. Does the record exist? Does anyone really care these days? Sebastian Bach claims to have heard four versions of it. There are reports that a passing UFO stole all of the recordings one night, and the album is popular on Neptune. There are rumours that Axl Rose showed up in the studio 10 years ago, and was scared off by a drunk gnat in the corner. Who really knows the truth, yo? While all of this nonsense is going on, the other four blokes from the 'Appetite From Destruction' era are seemingly desperate for a reunion with the bloated N' braided ego that was once their singer. Doubtless, they can hear the cash registers going into overdrive.
ETA: Sometime. Maybe

Another year, another disappointment, thus you will see more and more of this kind of backlashing.  Axl...you really NEED to release this album! 

**Thanks to Faxl over at Chinese Democracy dot com for posting this first.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I'm shocked they were even listed in an issue about what to watch for in 08. I know they were just used for comedic value, but still.

There are rumours that Axl Rose showed up in the studio 10 years ago, and was scared off by a drunk gnat in the corner.

16 Thats literally the funniest CD pop culture joke I've seen yet, and we are a decade in to this mess. Even though its stale, at least one writer was creative and didn't spew the same tired jokes.

Definitely going to be backlash, there is backlash every year.     

This whole article is not only bashing Axl and CD but bashing all of the former members.   

the other four blokes from the 'Appetite From Destruction' era are seemingly desperate for a reunion with the bloated N' braided ego that was once their singer 

We see some sort of backlash each year in the media, I am not surprised and I am sure Axl is sooo used to it that he doesn't even bat an eye.   Only thing I can see being tremendously bad is the media running with what Baz said about 4 albums worth of material.  That could get quite bad in the media backlash and I sure hope the public isn't expecting 4 albums, we still need to get the one we have been waiting for.  hmm

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

They should go check the resumes of those "four blokes"(scratch that, check 3 resumes) before claiming they are desperate.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer